Randoomdomdumdomdom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:

:grumpy:

I don't think so. I was told last week I had to wear "store brand" like clothing by one person and then tonight I was told that "my shirt was ok but really not acceptable and I have 4 weeks to get different 'brand name' clothing..." They can't make me where their clothes. Especially when I was told before I accepted the job that as long as it looks like something they sell then I can wear it. The discount is also 20% not 40%. So basically my entire first paycheck or two would go to shirts for this place. :tsk: I don't think that works for me. My whole point in working a 2nd job is to make money, not spend it in that store.

Plus no one talked to me and when I tried to talk I was ignored. :up: gotta love being the newbie :| There's a lot more than just the clothes issue...it just sucked and I really don't want to work in a store again. :scream:

:hug:

Kariann said:

I'm the Princess. :D

you have two titles, then. you're still The Mother of The Boot Funny.

THAT REMINDS ME!!!!!!!

this girl came in the building the other night wearing these ridiculous boots! they were like the blonde relative of the furry rainbow boot. it was hilarious. i almost told her that she resembled sasquatch from the knee down, but i thought she might hit me.

Schmeg said:

You can be the Minister of Silly Walks.

Fah might fight you for this position.

Whoever loses must be a lumberjack.

Scneg...

you would have been an outstanding poster in the old IO!

Can I do an arm wrestling competition with Fah after the Silly walk competition? I don't want to completely humiliate her.

I KNOW she would kick my ass in the arm wreslte! :D

We have 2 possible buyers on the tickets but I told one of them they were ticketfast and I explained what ticketfast is....haven't heard back from him. He and his buddies were extremely interested and would pay more than what I was asking for in order to ensure they would get them. I said that they could just pay the asking price but $10 less because I wanted to sell them. But now I don't know if they're extremely interested in ticketfast. I haven't told the other person that detail just yet. But she's also very, very interested.

If we sell these tickets we owe LivLuv a million bootlegs because she put an ad on her schools webpage for us. :kiss:

arw9797 said:

I don't think so. I was told last week I had to wear "store brand" like clothing by one person and then tonight I was told that "my shirt was ok but really not acceptable and I have 4 weeks to get different 'brand name' clothing..." They can't make me where their clothes. Especially when I was told before I accepted the job that as long as it looks like something they sell then I can wear it. The discount is also 20% not 40%. So basically my entire first paycheck or two would go to shirts for this place. :tsk: I don't think that works for me. My whole point in working a 2nd job is to make money, not spend it in that store.

Plus no one talked to me and when I tried to talk I was ignored. :up: gotta love being the newbie :| There's a lot more than just the clothes issue...it just sucked and I really don't want to work in a store again. :scream:
Did your shirt have something logo-esque that would make a customer think of a different store? That could be anything from a pocket to an alligator or a guy on a horse playing polo.

Why did that ignore you? That's just rude. Most people who work in stores don't act like that!

i wish people would ignore me at work. i keep getting these idiots asking me what i'm listening to.

i'm going to make a big sign that says "no i am not listening to the dropkick murphys" and put it out no matter what i listen to, even if it's obviously not DKM.

zoney! said:

Scneg...

Can I do an arm wrestling competition with Fah after the Silly walk competition? I don't want to completely humiliate her.

I KNOW she would kick my ass in the arm wreslte! :D
:eek: I used to lurk in the old IO...it scared me. :reject:

Arm wrestling it is!

Schmeg said:

Did your shirt have something logo-esque that would make a customer think of a different store? That could be anything from a pocket to an alligator or a guy on a horse playing polo.

Why did that ignore you? That's just rude. Most people who work in stores don't act like that!

no it was just a plain long sleeve v neck with a collar and a tshirt underneath. :( I would never wear anything like that, even in a store that sold that stuff.

I used to be a store trainer at Maxx. I expect more from people when I'm new. :mad: Plus, one person was just outwardly rude. I was told by one manager to take stuff from the fitting room rack and see if I could find it to put it away. This stoooopid lady chimes in saying that "we don't have all night for her to figure it out and I want to get out on time...." She also said that a good job for me would be to clean the bathroom. I guess they have no cleaning service that does that like every other retail job I've had. So they all take turns :yuck: But how rude to say that while I'm standing there. He agreed that it would take me too long to find the stuff but said that I shouldn't have to go into the bathroom and clean on my first day. :mad:

Last edited:
zoney! said:

We randoooomers were never ever welcome in IO :tsk: That's why we stuck around here. We used to see threads all the time, and still do occassionally, about closing this "stupid" thread. :mad:

old io scared me, too. i couldn't figure it out...the numbers. i didn't realize there was nothing to figure out :der:

arw9797 said:

no it was just a plain long sleeve v neck with a collar and a tshirt underneath. :( I would never wear anything like that, even in a store that sold that stuff.

I used to be a store trainer at Maxx. I expect more from people when I'm new. :mad: Plus, one person was just outwardly rude. I was told by one manager to take stuff from the fitting room rack and see if I could find it to put it away. This stoooopid lady chimes in saying that "we don't have all night for her to figure it out and she wants to get out on time...." She also said that a good job for me would be to clean the bathroom. I guess they have no cleaning service that does that like every other retail job I've had. So they all take turns :yuck: But how rude to say that while I'm standing there. He agreed that it would take me too long to find the stuff but said that I shouldn't have to go into the bathroom and clean on my first day. :mad:

That really sucks!

If you were here I'd hook you up with something in email part time.

arw9797 said:

We randoooomers were never ever welcome in IO :tsk: That's why we stuck around here. We used to see threads all the time, and still do occassionally, about closing this "stupid" thread. :mad:

yeah, hey, this is true.

and to think, chat threads are now the norm! my how this place has changed.

arw9797 said:

I used to be a store trainer at Maxx. I expect more from people when I'm new. :mad: Plus, one person was just outwardly rude. I was told by one manager to take stuff from the fitting room rack and see if I could find it to put it away. This stoooopid lady chimes in saying that "we don't have all night for her to figure it out and I want to get out on time...." She also said that a good job for me would be to clean the bathroom. I guess they have no cleaning service that does that like every other retail job I've had. So they all take turns :yuck: But how rude to say that while I'm standing there. He agreed that it would take me too long to find the stuff but said that I shouldn't have to go into the bathroom and clean on my first day. :mad:
:huh: There's nothing wrong with your shirt; they're weird. I didn't think you actually wore designer stuff like that but even we have to cover up the little embroidered whales on Old Navy polo shirts.

We have no bathroom cleaning service but I like to do it because then I know it's clean. :drool: Gotta love latex gloves, disinfectant spray, and Soft Scrub bleach!. But I would NEVER ask a new person to do it their first night.

zoney! said:

I am telling ya!

IO was dead long before randooom exploded to what it is today!

randooooom used to be a slightly different beast than it is today.

arw9797 said:

Commute to Milwaukee :D Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeeeee.
1. We don't have to wear only the clothing we sell.......
2. Discount is 25% on clothing, cosmetics and Home store goods except for small electrics which is 10%
3. We talk to newbies and work with them to help them get a handle on things.........

C
O
M
E

N
O
W
!
!
!

I reached my tolerance level of a coworker today at about 3 in the afternoon.........Tolerance level gets shorter every trim season........record early timing this year :happy: Gotta love a person that thinks she is sooooo important that she doesn't have to work weekends or nights :happy:

shari schultz said:

Commute to Milwaukee :D Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeeeee.
1. We don't have to wear only the clothing we sell.......
2. Discount is 25% on clothing, cosmetics and Home store goods except for small electrics which is 10%
3. We talk to newbies and work with them to help them get a handle on things.........

C
O
M
E

N
O
W
!
!
!

I reached my tolerance level of a coworker today at about 3 in the afternoon.........Tolerance level gets shorter every trim season........record early timing this year :happy: Gotta love a person that thinks she is sooooo important that she doesn't have to work weekends or nights :happy:

you live in Packer land :| I'd go blind from all the green and gold :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom