Randoom is a dish best served cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:| ok so I cancelled cable a few weeks ago in a panic moment when I realized I'm now dirt poor. Then as the weeks went on towards my final day of cable on June 6th I decided that I can't live without Food Network and all of my dorky MTV and VH1 shows. Last week I called and told them not to stop my service and to send a bill. I got the bill the next day for my normal amount. I just turned on my TV for the first time since yesterday and I have no cable :mad: So I call the cable co and apparently I'm in an outage area right now and techs are working on fixing the problem and cable will be back up within the hour. How bizzare! I thought they just shut me off and sent me a bill :mad: :mad: I live right across from the cable co and there's a few cable techs that live in my complex. I know this because their big ass vans are always in my way :grumpy:

But now I'm missing the Inferno! :madspit: :madspit: They have FIVE minutes to fix the problem :mad:

arw9797 said:
Did everyone see these today? :ohmy:

And you know damn well Mr The Edge is with him but naturally there are no photo's so far :mad:

Someone pm'ed one of those to me! :sexywink:

There will eventually be some adorable pictures of the two of them with matching sunburns...Edge must just be laying low right now. :yes:

Have fun! :huh: :wave:

I'm sooo glad I changed my shift tomorrow so I don't have to be in til noon. I can have one nice leisurely morning this week!

With all of the past week's election news focusing everyone's eyes on our own country, maybe it's time to see what's going down with our brothers and sisters across the oceans.

Oh sweet God.

Gunther and the Sunshine Girls, a technocheese pop group from Sweden, made their mark on Europe with their summer smash hit, "The Ding Dong Song (You Touched My Tra-la-la)." The song is from Gunther's CD, "Pleasureman." The group is hugely popular in Europe - even Franz Ferdinand paid the group some recognition by recording an acoustic version of "The Ding Dong Song" for Dutch radio.

The pop group has been unheard of here in the states, though the band has received some attention through the Internet. People pass around Gunther's mp3s and video to their friends. Much of Gunther's recognition in the United States begins with the phrase: "Dude, you have to see this."

Gunther, a self-proclaimed "pleasureman" has a mullet, big pink lips and a thin black moustache. He's a man with a mission: his Web site says he's striving to make the world a more sexual place.

That seems to be clear listening to the 11 tracks on his CD. Gunther sings in the same deep and breathy tone for each of his songs. It's almost as if he's in a constant state of arousal. It's slightly disturbing after a while.

The same goes with the Sunshine Girls, Gunther's backup singers. The girls' singing isn't any surprise to the listener. It's the traditional female singing that one would associate with club techno, but with moans interspersed into the mix. If it's possible to hear someone gyrating, the girls have pulled it off.

The music on the CD is difficult to describe in terms of whether it's good or not. On one hand, it sounds like the only musical input to the CD was someone hitting the "demo" button on an old Casio keyboard. On the other, it's really catchy.

The CD functions on two levels: dance music and unbridled hilarity. The lyrics are a riot and were either written in one night or by someone who learned the English language two weeks before their composition.
:eeklaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom