Randoom: Catorce Innings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my dad is obsessed with opening and closing the damn fridge. It's constant. He was just complaining about how he ate too much for dinner but yet he keeps opening it. It's right above my head and it drives me insane! GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN! :mad: I don't get it.....

:ohmy: Game 7 on Halloween??? How crazy will that be? I'm hoping there's not a game at Fenway on the 29th when we're at REM...I'm fretting enough about driving into Boston, I don't want to deal with crazy Red Sox fans and fight them for parking spaces! :shifty:

Only a few more weeks of listening to the fridge, someone eating your peanut butter...You'll love having your own place!

holy shit, i didn't even think of that.

the fleet center is on the complete opposite end of the city...isn't it?

for some reason i think it is. i dno't know. i know where fenway is...and i know i don't want to get onto the cambridge/sommerville alston/brighton exit...17 or 18...that one is NOT the one i want.

Game 1 NL Champion @ Boston Red Sox Saturday Oct. 23 7:30 p.m.
Game 2 NL Champion @ Boston Red Sox Sunday Oct. 24 7:30 p.m.
Game 3 Boston Red Sox @ NL Champion Tuesday Oct. 26 8:00 p.m.
Game 4 Boston Red Sox @ NL Champion Wednesday Oct. 27 8:00 p.m.
Game 5* Boston Red Sox @ NL Champion Thursday Oct. 28 8:00 p.m.
Game 6* NL Champion @ Boston Red Sox Saturday Oct. 30 7:30 p.m.
Game 7* NL Champion @ Boston Red Sox Sunday Oct. 31 7:30 p.m.

there isn't one that night at all.

arw9797 said:
:hmm: I think I need a hot drink.

*hands arw a cup of cocoa*

i burnt my tongue on a cup of hot cocoa today in russian class. our 5-person discussion is the russian lounge, and there's tea and cocoa and cookies there. :up: only i burned my tongue and then had to explain who i thought about the character in pasternak's 'hamlet' poem in dr. zhivago was...:crack: i think i said something about it being a guy who's had the same sort of issues hamlet had...and later i talked about how i can't understand hamlet (the other thing we discussed was the to be or not to be soliloquy translation that pasternak did) in english, so i really didn't understand it in russian.

IWasBored said:
Game 1 NL Champion @ Boston Red Sox Saturday Oct. 23 7:30 p.m.
Game 2 NL Champion @ Boston Red Sox Sunday Oct. 24 7:30 p.m.
Game 3 Boston Red Sox @ NL Champion Tuesday Oct. 26 8:00 p.m.
Game 4 Boston Red Sox @ NL Champion Wednesday Oct. 27 8:00 p.m.
Game 5* Boston Red Sox @ NL Champion Thursday Oct. 28 8:00 p.m.
Game 6* NL Champion @ Boston Red Sox Saturday Oct. 30 7:30 p.m.
Game 7* NL Champion @ Boston Red Sox Sunday Oct. 31 7:30 p.m.

there isn't one that night at all.
Whew! I thought they said there wasn't one on the radio...but watch, with my luck, they'll have to raindate something to Friday night. :laugh:

I don't know Boston very well at all so I have no idea where Fenway is in respect to the Fleet Center. I have no idea where the Fleet Center is at all! :laugh: We're leaving early because I'm planning on getting Very Lost and needing to turn around!

I burned my tongu on coffee today. *sues Dunkin Donuts*

Schmeg said:

Whew! I thought they said there wasn't one on the radio...but watch, with my luck, they'll have to raindate something to Friday night. :laugh:

I don't know Boston very well at all so I have no idea where Fenway is in respect to the Fleet Center. I have no idea where the Fleet Center is at all! :laugh: We're leaving early because I'm planning on getting Very Lost and needing to turn around!

I burned my tongu on coffee today. *sues Dunkin Donuts*

i've given in to the fact that getting lost in boston is inevitable, be it in vehicle or on foot. god knows i've done both in less than a year's time. pretty good for only being in the city twice in that time frame, too. :wink: i don't even think the people who live there know where they're going, though.

i want to think that the fleet center is over here..........................................................................and fenway is over there. imagine me waving my arms around and pointing and stuff.

my mom wants to take a train in and park somewhere, so i'm going to ask a guy i know how he usually gets into boston for shows, and then from there try to figure out the T. it might be difficult, but ANYTHING will be better than driving around lost in boston with my mom. she's absolutly terrified that there's some section of the big dig left to fall into.

IWasBored said:
i want to think that the fleet center is over here..........................................................................and fenway is over there. imagine me waving my arms around and pointing and stuff.

my mom wants to take a train in and park somewhere, so i'm going to ask a guy i know how he usually gets into boston for shows, and then from there try to figure out the T. it might be difficult, but ANYTHING will be better than driving around lost in boston with my mom. she's absolutly terrified that there's some section of the big dig left to fall into.
:lol: Okay, if you just stand on the roof of the Fleet Center and wave and point and stuff, I think we'll make it!

I was thinking of taking the train, too...we can park in Attleborough near the Emerald Square Mall (don't know if that means anything to you) and then we don't have to really worry...but the Bonanza Bus is fucking scary at that time, I am a little nervous about what the train will be like...

Schmeg said:

:lol: Okay, if you just stand on the roof of the Fleet Center and wave and point and stuff, I think we'll make it!

I was thinking of taking the train, too...we can park in Attleborough near the Emerald Square Mall (don't know if that means anything to you) and then we don't have to really worry...but the Bonanza Bus is fucking scary at that time, I am a little nervous about what the train will be like...

:der: i just hit edit instead of quote...i was confused why it was telling me i wasn't logged in as me. i'm logged in as me...i'm not logged in as you.

hahaha, ok, i'll just...figure out how to climb onto the roof...and get big neon air traffic controler type ping poing paddle things to wave around.

bonanza bus? anything called the bonanza bus has to be scary. i can handle scary, or i think i can, but i have to remember i'm with my mom. who thinks she knows some senic type route along rte. 2 east and then you park in some town i couldn't even find on the map (seriously not a good sign), and take the train in. aside from the fact that i couldn't find the town on the map, i don't trust this route cos she got these directions from a lady who's sanity i seriously question. my mom is slightly more trusting of people than i am.

i know where attleborough is, don't know where that emerald mall thing is, though....i wish i had my maps with me. i like my maps. we're very close, me and my maps. we're like *this*.

:laugh: Yahoo Maps just told me Attleborough doesn't exist. Maybe I spelled it wrong.

Is the train at midnight as scary as the bus at midnight? If we just sit and don't bother anyone it should be ok...

:up: Neon air traffic controller thingies will be excellent, thanks!

The directions look easy enough. I think I'd rather drive...parking will suck but there must be an overpriced garage on the same street.

Schmeg said:
:laugh: Yahoo Maps just told me Attleborough doesn't exist. Maybe I spelled it wrong.

Is the train at midnight as scary as the bus at midnight? If we just sit and don't bother anyone it should be ok...

:up: Neon air traffic controller thingies will be excellent, thanks!

yahoo maps told me something didn't exist when i was looking for directions to the avalon. i forget what it was. oh, i know. i couldn't get directions from either yahoo or mapquest to foxboro for warped. i tried foxboro, i tried foxborough, i tried gillette stadium...i tried multiple spellings of everything. and one would work, the other wouldn't. :shrug: the internet is on crack.

to make the air traffic thingies, i could beat up a bunch of ravers and steal their glowsticks!! kat is/was a raver...although she doesn't seem to care anymore, and actually laughed at the crack i made when we were walking around lost on the way to the SD/FM/briggs show. we saw some raver kid and i said that moron is going to get hit by a bus if he runs out into the street like that again. she said something like 'awww it's a party kid!'...so i said i thought they only came out at night...or from the hours of 10pm to 6am...anyawy...

i've never taken a train or a bus at midnight in a city. i've only taken buses out here at around 2am, and they're never scary. just full of fucking annoying drunk college kids and old men/women who harrass the male/female bus drivers. so i figure that in a city, it would be the same, only with mroe people...and extra precautions to stay away from th crazy people who may be carrying switchblades or other weapons.

Schmeg said:
The directions look easy enough. I think I'd rather drive...parking will suck but there must be an overpriced garage on the same street.

since there's no sox game, i'm almost tempted to go in down at the cambridge sommerville exit, park at the garage at the corner of that one street...crap...i forgot what it was called now. i made a point to remember that, too. it was nice, 9 bucks isn't cheap, but it could be worse for parking. considering i spent about the same on tolls...4.40 in, 4.40 out...almost the same, yeah... it's near scotia street which is a tiny one-way street near a sheraton hotel not too far from lansdowne...and there's a T station near there...slo i have to figure out where the green line goes to the what...red or orange that will take me to the fleet center?

but there's no way in hell i can convince my mom to do that. even though i would know how to get in, and more or less how to get out.

this is going to be an adventure no matter what. i accept that i will get lost. multiple times.

i'm putting off actually digging up MBTA info for as long as possible.

i want my maps!! :mad:

Are you working the night of the 30th? I am and I don't want to...that is the night the clocks change and I end up having to work an extra hours - 13 hours instead of 12.

I care about your map dilemma - really :hug:

IWasBored said:
and extra precautions to stay away from th crazy people who may be carrying switchblades or other weapons.
:grumpy: But I like talking to people carrying switchblades and other weapons!

I will probably park in the first garage I see and face the financial consequences.

:wave: Hi fah! Sorry you're still not feeling good! :(

i'm not working the 30th.

i've got 2 optins for the 30th:
1. umass hockey :hyper:
2. going to see kicked in the head + a million shitty local bands.

hockey game pros:
it's a fuckin hockey game!!
it's free :up:
i might have some actual hockey fans to go with
cons:
the game will end around 9ish and after that i won't have anything cool to do for the rest of the night (since the guys i might go to the game with are mostly computer nerdy folk and go back to their dorms to play...whatever computer nerdy folk play)

pros for the kicked in the head show:
i get to do some kicking of my own, there will be loads of emo kids
KitH are a good band.

cons:
the other bands on the bill suck
there will be a lot of emo kids there
it's 8 bucks
KitH aren't really too good

i'll probably go to the hockey game on the 30th.

I hate it when I randomly close windows. :rolleyes: I only have two open tonight! :shocked:

Schmeg said:

:grumpy: But I like talking to people carrying switchblades and other weapons!

I will probably park in the first garage I see and face the financial consequences.

:wave: Hi fah! Sorry you're still not feeling good! :(

:lol: how about this, a compromise. you can talk to me, that way you can still talk to a potentially creepy stranger, while not having to risk your life on whether or not i've got a switchblade or other scary weapon. i don't have any scary weapons. i have a swiss army knife that i used to carry with me, but i don't bring it to shows...cos they usually frisk you (although i could have brought bombs in my pockets to that show at the avalon cos they didn't do anything, and i could have smuggled in a ton of drugs to warped cos all that girl did was lightly pat my pockets) and even though a swiss army knife isn't usually a killer's waepon of choise, it's potentially dangerous...

fah said:
Hockey :hyper:

:Ohthepainofwithdrawalsmilie:

i didn't think i'd really been a hockey fan (i didn't even think i'd cared about the sport long enough to call myself a fan) long enough to experience withdrawl, but seeing yahoo bring up the scheduled bruins games that aren't happening was terribly painful!

:wave: hi mr baw!

yes, that does indeed suck, fah :down: lame daylight savings time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom