Random TV Thread II: Television, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your loss. Every time I come back to it after taking some time off, it amazes me how easy it is to forget how funny it is when you don't have HBO. Nothing makes me laugh as hard as Curb. But as far as current comedies go, the best, the funniest, and my favorite are probably three different shows. Weird how that works out.

Sure is. I think it was the dermatologist episode that did it for me. It was just one horrendous thing after another. Not saying it wasn't funny, just so hard to watch. Louie, Community & Parks & Rec?

The best for me is Louie for all the reasons we've already gone off on the past few weeks. It's as perfect as TV gets. The funniest is Curb since it absolutely makes me laugh the hardest and probably the most consistently over the course of an episode. And my favorite is still very much Community. With all due respect to every other comedy I'm obsessed with, of course.

Word.

I think 30 Rock is probably still king for me, although some of these younger kids are nipping at its heels.

We've talked about it before, but it really is incredible that a good number of the best comedies of the last 10 years are on the same network, on the same night, back to back.

I'm gonna be telling my grandkids about this shit.

"A long, long time ago, sonny, we had this thing called television, and Thursday nights on NBC was something to behold...now get me a fucking beer."

And my favorite is still very much Community. With all due respect to every other comedy I'm obsessed with, of course.

:hi5: I thought maybe you had gone off it a bit last season (like most people did) so I'm glad to read this.

I remain eternally jealous that you Americans get so many good goddam TV shows. I barely watch TV; I'd almost never leave the house if I lived over yonder.

This is totally random,but i still laugh out loud watching reruns of "All in the family".Specially the first 5 seasons,before Mike and Gloria moved out.Carroll O'Connor was just brillant.

Of all of the many histyrical lines of Archie,this is my fav......it's toward Edith:

"Oh that's allright,Edith.You know you main problem is that your tongue is racing with your brain.........and your brain always loses..

LOL!!!

:

I remain eternally jealous that you Americans get so many good goddam TV shows. I barely watch TV; I'd almost never leave the house if I lived over yonder.

I'd be the same Danny.:reject: Even now I'll wait til a show has had one or two good seasons to start watching it. Guess that sucks for ratings though. \

about 3/4 through season one of Sons of Anarchy. Hope it can keep it up but I'm not hopeful. :|

Anyone watching Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero on the Discovery Channel?
Rising : Rebuilding Ground Zero : Discovery Channel : Discovery Channel

Really fascinating inside look at the building of Tower 1 and the Sept. 11 Museum. Lots of accounts from survivors, first responders, construction workers and architects.
Two of the exec. producers are Steven Spielberg and Danny Forster. I really enjoy Danny Forster from his Build It Bigger and Build It Greener series.

Anyone that has HBO OnDemand should give Capadocia a watch.

It is a HBO series set in a women's prison in Mexico. It is really good.

Yeah, Archer is a lot of fun. And it even has moments where it feels like quite the AD reunion.

For some reason, I kept watching Rescue Me even though it hasn't been good for at least 3 seasons. I think I liked the first few seasons so much, I kept hoping it would come back around.

It hasn't. A few bright spots here and there. I've hung on til the bitter end, and I'm relieved that next week is the series finale so I can finally let it go.

I'm dreading seeing who's inevitably dead after this week's cliff hanger. I fear it will be Lou, the only character I still actually like.

For some reason, I kept watching Rescue Me even though it hasn't been good for at least 3 seasons. I think I liked the first few seasons so much, I kept hoping it would come back around.

It hasn't. A few bright spots here and there. I've hung on til the bitter end, and I'm relieved that next week is the series finale so I can finally let it go.

I'm dreading seeing who's inevitably dead after this week's cliff hanger. I fear it will be Lou, the only character I still actually like.

i tried to like that show. i think i actually may have liked the first season. i made it through the second. and i think i even tried to start watching the third before i realized how annoying it was.

Who watches Louis Theroux's documentaries? I hate the awkward, know-nothing-about-anything, naive facade he puts on, but they're hugely captivating to watch.

Friday night's tonight show had the weirdest combo guests ever.Dick Cheney follow by.........Carrot top.

:huh:

Who watches Louis Theroux's documentaries? I hate the awkward, know-nothing-about-anything, naive facade he puts on, but they're hugely captivating to watch.

:love:

Does he still have a show? I used to love them. I remember one in particular where he was auditioning for a Broadway show and I remember laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

:love:

Does he still have a show? I used to love them. I remember one in particular where he was auditioning for a Broadway show and I remember laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

There's one on here I'm gonna watch Wednesday night, I think he lives with a homophobic family for a week, so homophobic they'd kill their kids if they were gay. I remember watching one where he went to a swingers party, it was fucking hilarious.

i don't see what people thought was so great about lost. there's nothing subtle about any of their plot devices, and the whole "ominous music/close-ups of people running scared = suspense!" thing got really old 3 episodes in. none of the characters are even remotely likable, and i'm rooting for the next polar bear or wild boar or crazy psycho who wasn't on the plane to kill all of them.

i don't see what people thought was so great about lost. there's nothing subtle about any of their plot devices, and the whole "ominous music/close-ups of people running scared = suspense!" thing got really old 3 episodes in. none of the characters are even remotely likable, and i'm rooting for the next polar bear or wild boar or crazy psycho who wasn't on the plane to kill all of them.

I've had several friends say almost the same thing about Lost. I think if you don't connect with at least 2 or 3 characters in the first half of the first season, you will never like it.

I've had several friends say almost the same thing about Lost. I think if you don't connect with at least 2 or 3 characters in the first half of the first season, you will never like it.

Absolutely.

By the end of Season 1, I was invested in basically every one of the original castaways.

Andy Whitfield, who played Spartacus in the tv series, died of non-Hodgkins Lymphoma today. He just turned 37. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom