Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a free trial for Netflix still, I believe. It's like three days or a week or something. You could theoretically watch the entire thing in a few days and then cancel.

Or, you know, keep the account and take advantage of the 89 great Netflix original shows along with a very large selection of modern indie, foreign and documentary films...

I still pay only $7.99 a month for Netflix. It's worth it. Even if you find yourself in the scrolling through everything mood feeling like there's nothing to watch - you still find something. Also, the upcoming Stranger Things series looks like it's going to be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Another thumbs up for Horace and Pete here. Louis CK is pretty much the Radiohead of modern TV right now.

And the conspiracy episode of Community is top tier stuff. Rewatching the series for the first time in a few years and it's crazy how much it changed.

Anyone watch Mr Robot from last summer? I still have Season 1 unwatched on my DVR. Trying to decide whether to watch it before Season 2 starts next month.

Yes ma'am!

I also have that OJ doc to watch. Looks like I'll be busy over 4th of July weekend

I thought I was going to split up the OJ doc and watch it more slowly. Like, ugh 10 hours is a lot of OJ. But no, it was hard to stop watching.

It goes downhill once the twist is revealed IMO. I liked it more when there was some mystery surrounding the concept of the show.

I'm still excited for season 2, though I have some trepidation about it.

I don't think this has been mentioned:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/02/wong-kar-wai-online-chinese-series

No details yet but consider me hyped. Along with Woody Allen's Amazon show, I'm hoping for something on the level of Soderbergh's excellent The Knick.

And tangentially related, im up to episode 4 of The Girlfriend Experience. Very much influenced by his style, and Shane Carruth does the music. Anybody else watched it?

Absolutely loved the first episode of The Night Of. Some incredibly tense television. The nocturnal setting and Murphy's Law-in-overdrive plot reminded me a lot of After Hours, one of my favorite films.

Can't wait for the next episode, wish I could binge watch the whole thing now. It's a limited series, so there's only 7 episodes left.

Last edited:
I watched the first handful of episodes of The Girlfriend Experience and then totally lost interest.

I thought I was going to split up the OJ doc and watch it more slowly. Like, ugh 10 hours is a lot of OJ. But no, it was hard to stop watching.

That is going to be hard to top for Program of the Year in my mind. That's a masterpiece. Period.

I thought Travolta was terrible...truthfully, I'm surprised that cheese-fest (enough with the Kardashian references!) is being predicted to topple Fargo this year...don't think that's gonna happen.

Travolta was like a very bad caricature. And Gooding did well with the OJ mannerisms, but the voice was too far off for me to buy into him.

Sarah Paulson was great as Marcia Clark and a few others were excellent as well. The guy playing Fred Goldman was a dead ringer.

I thought Travolta was over the top, but I thought it worked really well.

The guy playing Darden was another dead ringer.

I have it on my list. I still haven't gotten to the new season of Orange Is the New Black.

Bojack Horseman is back next Friday, too. Yay!

Stranger Things is REALLY good. I'm pretty sure I'm going to watch all 8 episodes today.

Watched all 8 episodes of Stranger Things yesterday. It was really good. I just felt like I was watching a really good 8 hour long movie.

Last week I went back and finished the second season of True Detective. It was bad, but thankfully the first episode really was the worst of it. It did improve after that initial disaster, but it never really got good.

Now I'm picking up Rectify again after not watching it for about a year. I'm four episodes into season 2. Great show.

Watched all 8 episodes of Stranger Things yesterday. It was really good. I just felt like I was watching a really good 8 hour long movie.

I'm 6 in. I love it. It's fun! Reminds me of Super 8.

I adored Stranger Things. The little toothless kid Dustin is a god damn legend. Awesome job by all the child actors. Cool score, design, effects. Yes. Bring on Season 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom