Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it? The whole series is ridiculously good. Justin Theroux deserves an Emmy just for singing Homeward Bound. For some reason I thought it was already renewed for S3 and now I'm worried to learn it's up in the air. It got consistently rave reviews, hard to believe it wouldn't be reviewed, although the S2 finale ended like a series finale.

I watched the rest of Flesh and Bone last night. What a weird, fucked-up show.

I think I liked it? I'm still not sure.

Started watching Man in the High Castle and S2 of Transparent last night.

I'm trying to start watching Jessica Jones as well, but Netflix isn't loading for me on my Roku. :grumpy:

Watched Jennifer Lopez' new show, Shades of Blue. I really like it so far. Jenny is good in it and Ray Liotta is, well, ... Ray Liotta. :wink:

Jessica Jones was much better than I expected. Really liked that series. It's a shame they are supposedly merging it with Daredevil in the future.

Finally watching Jessica Jones. Fuckin' A, man. It's good.

Looking forward to American Crime Story: OJ whatever this week. It's either going to be really good, or a total trainwreck that will be entertaining to watch.

I'm 8 episodes into Jessica Jones. It's alright but I liked Daredevil a heck of a lot more.

Also recently binge watched The Man In The High Castle (which I liked alright), the first two seasons of The Americans (which I thought were pretty fantastic), Red Oaks (fun but not groundbreaking), Mad Dogs (super quirky, reminded me of Weeds), and 24 Live Another Day (so incredibly rushed).

Last edited:
Also I'm midway through rewatching the first season of True Detective. I think it might be the best single season of television I've ever watched. To put things in perspective, other single seasons I'd put up there at or near the top would be Dexter S4, Lost S2, 24 S4, Mad Men S4, and Breaking Bad S4.

Looking forward to American Crime Story: OJ whatever this week. It's either going to be really good, or a total trainwreck that will be entertaining to watch.

1st episode was a little of both, some of it was good, some trainwreck.
Can't get past Cuba Gooding's voice, makes him playing OJ hard to buy (and he's too skinny). He has the mannerisms down pretty well, but still may have been better off with a lesser known/unknown actor playing OJ.

Sarah Paulson is good as Marcia Clark and the guy playing Darden is good. Travolta looks like a caricature however.

I liked the casting. It's great to revisit the story now that I'm not 14 years old. The scene where OJ almost killed himself in Kim K's bedroom is true. I looked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Finished Jessica Jones Saturday. So good.

Started in on Unreal, two more episodes to go. Truly, what terrible, terrible people. I love it.

I watched the VINYL pilot and thought it was a bit of a mess. But there were some standout moments and the subject matter is right up my alley so I'll stick with it.

Agreed. I was bored almost right up til the end, but then I realized I actually liked where it was going, so I'll keep with it for a while.

My feelings regarding season 1:

b08G7sY-1422637740.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom