Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm just finishing up Penny Dreadful, considering the amount of troupes it lifts from various sources it shouldn't work but it somehow does. Bloody and violent and full of sex but you'd be amazed how an English accent elevates it over something like True Blood.

I'm also watching The Leftovers mostly to find out what the deal is with the people in white who always smoke.

Also watching The Strain which has been ok so far - a little on the gross side but whatever.

I gave up on The Leftovers after two episodes. I did like the book, though.

I gave up on Vicious after two episodes. Just really fucking stupid, jokes that would have been stupid in the 1970s. HA HA THE OLD QUEENS ARE HITTING ON THE YOUNG 'HOT' GUY, AND SO IS THEIR OLD LADY FRIEND.

Extant is intriguing so far.

The Strain is partly awesome (some great creepy/gross stuff), but partly completely ridiculous. I'm enjoying it for some summer fluff.

I can't watch The Strain. The fucking posters all over town and the Internet have been traumatizing me, because I had this one nightmare once that it just keeps reminding me of and it's basically been a living nightmare driving anywhere or visiting IMDb :lol:.

I gave up on The Leftovers after two episodes. I did like the book, though.

Its funny you say that because Episode 3 was the best so far - it focused on Christopher Eccleston's character and had some seriously intense scenes.

Am I going to be disappointed by why the people in white act the way they do?

The Strain is filmed in Toronto so it's fun picking out local landmarks.

Penny Dreadful is surprisingly good, yes with all the stuff they throw in it should just be a pile of crap but when I thought it would fail it just got better.

I have watched mediocre shows because I was familiar with the location. The Strain is very mediocre and the location is not that interesting to me, so I'm out.

After the pilot of The Leftovers I was mildly intrigued, decent production, acting, etc. But then with this bunch, nothing will ever be resolved or explained so fuck em, I'm out.

I've watched all three seasons of Borgen, a real quality Danish series on my local public station. I'm starting a re-watch of it.

The Bridge is back with season 2 and still delivering.

Last week's episode was really good. This cartel woman killer is really creepy.

I've been mainlining Bob's Burgers over the past few months. Aside from the first season, it has been fucking GOLD.

Tina and Gene are the BEST. THE BEST, JERRY!

(Although confession - I cannot stand Kristen Schaal's voice. Just cannot stand it. So I can't bring myself to like Louise.)

I watched the first episode of bobs burgers. It was awful. Painfully unfunny.

And despite vowing to never do so, I also finished watching House. I'm actually glad it was bad for so many seasons before it ended, that way I didn't have to be pissed off at the lame ending like I did with Burn Notice (since they essentially pulled the same cheesy cop out). i totally lost count of how many times they used the whole "house hallucinates conversations with people to try and figure out what it all means" plot device. damn that was worn out 20 times over by the end.

I watched the first couple episodes of the newsroom. Sort of hate how heavy it had to go on the soap opera relationships in order to not make the characters seem too smart or something.

The first season of Bob's Burgers was really not great. I thought it's been consistently good and funny since right at the start of the second season.

Yeah, first season is the weakest, as is the case with most shows though, especially comedies, but still rather good. Really, despite how outlandish it can be at times, the show portrays one of the most lovingly believable and realized families I've ever seen on screen. Almost creepy how much I relate.

Love Bob's Burgers, been watching it a lot lately.

Isn't it a pretty good rule that most animated sitcoms suck during the first season? Go mix it up a bit, watch some Tina-centric episodes and you'll be golden.

ku-medium_zpsf5eb66ee.gif

rsetasd_zps4978f219.gif

In today's edition of "IWB watches tv shows that people ceased to care about/finished years ago," I'm on the 3rd season of the West Wing. I ignored it when it was actually on because I wasn't an old lady with a bunch of cats. I'm still not, but apparently I was wrong in thinking that's who enjoyed that show. Or I've just gotten old (no cats, though). Of course, since I thought the first couple seasons were fantastic, there is a chance that somewhere through the middle of the third I will change my mind. But in the mean time, I'll add it to the list of awesome shows I was way late to the party on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom