Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone watching The Returned on the Sundance Channel?

I haven't seen the second episode yet, but the first was stellar.

Any of you sci-fi nerds curious about Helix?

Produced by Ronald D Moore (although created by someone else). Beginning on SyFy in January. SyFy might be due to produce something worth a shit.

I'll be checking it out, fingers crossed that it's decent.

Hey, I am 5 episodes into Rectify. I mostly like it/am intrigued by it. Looking forward to seeing how it concludes since episode 5 ended on an interesting note.

I think I felt the same way about five episodes in, it stays true to the writing and gets a bit stronger, I think you will find it worth your time.

Just watched the pilot of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and it was a lot of fun. And Detective Santiago is really cute.

Anyone seen a British show called Fresh Meat? Watching an episode now and it's not bad. There's an actress called Charlotte Ritchie who's pretty damn cute and that dude with the shit haircut from The InBetweeners is in it too.

Honestly I think it is one of the best comedies on over hear in the UK. We're on the third season. First season takes a couple of episodes to settle but it's been pretty much gold from then on. Same writing team as Peep Show which brought me to it in the first place, that and it's set at my old uni, bit odd seeing the library and that again.

Honestly I think it is one of the best comedies on over hear in the UK. We're on the third season. First season takes a couple of episodes to settle but it's been pretty much gold from then on. Same writing team as Peep Show which brought me to it in the first place, that and it's set at my old uni, bit odd seeing the library and that again.

The few episodes I've seen of Peep Show are a riot. Great stuff. David Mitchell is hilarious, and he's also easily my favorite guest panel member on QI.

Never seen Peep Show, but maybe you'd dig this Fresh Meat show GAF, if you've been digging British comedy of late. I very nearly bought the s1 DVD today.

Charlotte Ritchie:

Charlotte%20Ritchie-LMK-060803.jpg

charlotte_ritchiework_picnik.jpg

580x318.fitandcrop.jpg

I'm not great at picking pics, but ya get the idea

I bought An Idiot Abroad, finally got Fawlty Towers, and also a box set of Adventure Time. Anyone watch that? It's fucking hilarious. It's like a kid's cartoon written for adults by people who really enjoy taking LSD.

I have a couple of friends who worship Adventure Time. It seems to have a lot of devoted fans here.

And yeah, I've been loving British comedy. Watched the first episode of Fawlty Towers about a month ago and thought it was perfect. Crazy that the show made such a huge mark even though it only had a dozen episodes.

Glad you enjoyed Fawlty Towers. It's the most consistently funny show I've ever seen, so get on the rest if you haven't seen them, they're all essentially perfect.

It's a great trait in British TV... ending a show on a high rather than letting it ride out years past its peak, which so many American shows do.

Watched a few eps of season 15 of South Park with some mates tonight. Dunno what season they're up to, but I think it's pretty fucking remarkable that it still manages to be pretty consistently funny, and offer good social commentary, after all these years. Unlike The Simpsons.

I bought An Idiot Abroad, finally got Fawlty Towers, and also a box set of Adventure Time. Anyone watch that? It's fucking hilarious. It's like a kid's cartoon written for adults by people who really enjoy taking LSD.

Huge AT fan here, and I seem to recall Ashley is as well. I've got a pretty kick ass Mondo print hanging on my wall and dressed up as Finn this past Halloween. The works, really.

A friend got me into Peep Show recently so I knocked out the first series. Very ambitious and occasionally hilarious. I'll probably keep watching once I'm finally caught up on New Girl.

I've actually only watched one episode. With my taste in cartoons, it's apparently supposed to be my favorite thing in the world, I just never got around to it. I just watched that first episode a few weeks ago. Thought it was hilarious, but I was pretty surprised that it's on regular CN and not Adult Swim.

Hmm not sure why I thought otherwise. We'll if you and Cobblerino dive in, I'll finally be able to talk about it nonstop.

I bought a boxset... each disc has got about 20 episodes on it, but I don't think it's in season order, just a mix and match. Just watched the episode where Jake tries to get Finn and his girlfriend to get along. Absolutely hilarious

It's on Adult Swim right against Adventure Time. Doesn't have the same ferocity to the humor as AT but what I've seen of it I have enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom