Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it was fucking tremendous. He topped himself again.

Fantastic guest stars all season. I didn't think anyone could surpass Parker Posey's spot (Daddy's Girlfriend Part 2 might be my favorite episode of the show), but then David Lynch showed up and stuck around. Hot damn.

ABCs "lucky seven" is the first show of the season to get cancelled.

i liked it better when it was called "Windfall" and it was on NBC

And it was fucking tremendous. He topped himself again. Fantastic guest stars all season. I didn't think anyone could surpass Parker Posey's spot (Daddy's Girlfriend Part 2 might be my favorite episode of the show), but then David Lynch showed up and stuck around. Hot damn.

Posey's guest stint is life-affirmingly great. Their moment on the rooftop with the vocalizing choir playing on the soundtrack reminds me a lot of the end of Woody's Manhattan.

Introducing longer arcs into the series is a conventional choice that felt borderline experimental in this context. It also makes silly episodes like "Never" feel refreshingly self-contained.

I really don't know what's the right thread to post this in, but, I would just like to say that something about this commercial:

Samsung Galaxy Gear: Evolution - YouTube

I know this product isn't going to be good right away, but I can't say enough about how amazing I found this commercial to be. This is something that's going to stick with me for a long time. I felt magic when I was watching it, if I can be just a little bit hyperbolic. I've been a sci-fi fan since I was a kid, not to mention a huge fan of Get Smart and Inspector Gadget.

The way they used the communicators to show the clips from the shows was just brilliant.

This commercial just sucked me in. I knew what was coming, it was obvious. I knew it was going to be Samsung product, but to actually see the watch unveiled at the end was a silly, happy moment in my life.

The reason I say all this, especially, however, is because of just how disappointed I am that I have now seen this commercial twice and have yet to see the stark commercial shown again:

Samsung Galaxy Gear: A Long Time Coming - YouTube

This commercial just lacks the magic of the first one and I'm hoping it doesn't end up being the only one I see on television from here out.

I could have sworn there was a Sherlock thread around here somewhere... :scratch: There should be one!

I'm really obsessed with that show right now.

And I have a crush on Benedict Cumberbach. :shifty: He's like an intense and slightly sinister Josh Groban!

I thought there was too. I want new episodes already, dammit. Best Watson EVER.

I only plan on watching one more pilot, and that's We Are Men.

Just noticed this one got canceled. It was really lame. I miss Tony Shalhoub on television though.

I got a little behind on my shows, beside Blacklist, spending tonight catching up.

Having caught up now I can say this:

Michael J. Fox show remains cautiously amusing.
Agents of Shield has improved immensely, and I appreciate the loose ends all over the place on it (for a superhero show, having villains running around is a good thing)
The Blacklist I've been intrigued by enough to start a thread for, but...

The Crazy Ones still remains my favorite new show of the season. I'm really starting to fall in love with it.

The whipped cream making episode of Jr. Master Chef is funnier than anything I've seen from the comedies this fall.

"I'll bet he makes whipped cream in his sleep!"

"I want someone to dump cream on my head!"

"I've got to let Ramsay know...I have stiff peaks."

STEVIE JANIKOWSKI just walked into the screening that I am working tonight.

Marcia Wallace, known as the voice of Ms Krabappel (Bart's Teacher on the Simpsons) has passed on

bart-the-lover-picture.png

Yep, we all know that feeling

My mom friggin' adores that show. She keeps trying to get me to watch it, maybe I should check it out at some point.

So I started watching sons of anarchy since five seasons back on Netflix is generally when I start watching anything. They sure hit the 1 hr drama formula to a T, complete with melodramatic musical montages at the end. Not awful yet, I'll probably keep going with it.

Lmao Henry Rollins. And weird cover of slip kid. This is why I don't watch movies/tv, I pay more attention to music stuff in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom