Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hardcover book of the original Carl Sagan version.

My dad had it growing up, and I used to love looking at it. I realized it was gone some years later, and asked my dad about it. He said he got rid of it because he found out Sagan was an atheist. :angry:

I got a copy on eBay a few years ago.

So is next week's show the beginning of the series, or a one off preliminary special?

I really like Neil deGrasse Tyson.

I'm guessing start of the series? Doesn't make much sense to have a one-off thing and then start the actual series later.

I enjoyed the first season and then haven't kept up. I was really impressed by Matt LeBlanc. Who knew?

You need to watch the rest of it. Trust me, if you enjoyed the first season, you'll love the subsequent ones. It's just gotten better and better. And yes, Matt Le Blanc is hilarious on that show!

I think I started watching the second season, but let it drop for reasons I can't remember now.

I wasn't as involved with the second episode of Cosmos. I prefer the space stuff.

Last night I watched all the Broad City episodes, after reading how it was one of the funniest shows on TV, and Amy Poehler produced, blah blah blah.

The first episode left me cold and annoyed, but I'm so glad I kept watching. I was laughing so hard I almost cried a few episodes later.

The Good Wife fucking broke me last night. I had no idea that was coming. Apparently, neither did anyone else. Impressive to be able to keep something like that under wraps.

I knew something bad was coming, based on a few vague comments I saw on Facebook from east-coast friends. As the episode went on, I got more and more nervous. Then it happened, and I moved from the couch to the floor in front of the TV, which means I'm, like, totally into it and can't believe what I'm seeing.

At first I was like:

fuck-this-thing-cat_zps49b9292b.gif

Today I'm all:

17o8h95sk4ri6gif_zps590fb182.gif

And next Sunday night is going to go down like this:

sdfsdf_zps45a749df.gif

when I watched it, I thbought of you, because you and I have both mentioned how much we like this series

I respect the move, I've read that the actor wanted to move on, also I think they milked that relationship to death, without sinking to Grey's Anatomy levels.

The show's creators posted an open letter on the net today talking about it; it was really quite nice. They could have just shipped him to Seattle (nice shout-out to Clooney/Marguiles on ER), but everyone would just be waiting to see if and when he'd come back, and how awesome their big reunion would be.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_good_wife/news/1002177/

I did like their relationship a lot, so part of me is sad to not have that possibility again. On the other hand, I like the changing dynamics of her relationship with Peter, and it looks like this is going to bring on some more interesting interactions.

If they ever kill off Diane, I'm out of here.

Right now I am sitting in my lounge room, having had a really great night out on the town, and my housemates are on their 7th straight episode of Bones. In this episode one character has a butterfly lodged in his neck. I know, because I asked my housemates what it was, and they said "butterfly" with not even the slightest sense of self-awareness that this is the worst fucking show ever to air on television. Literally the major plot point of this episode has been this fuckwit with a butterfly lodged in his neck. And there's absolutely no irony whatsoever, this is apparently a completely acceptable plot. Please kill me.

One of those shows I don't necessarily hate but that I find completely unwatchable.

honestly it's unbelievably awful. the actors are pretty crap, but it's the absolutely horrendous writing that tops it off. like seriously, it's that bad.

I'm not sure I know what Bones is. I watched six or so episodes of the killing with my housemate at work the other night. That show was pretty bad too, funny bad at least.

So, Letterman announced his retirement in 2015. Kind of figured it was coming sooner rather than later after Leno retired.

Early reports say CBS is interested in Colbert to take over 11:30 on CBS.

The country is obviously most familiar with him as his Colbert Report "character", the right-wing riff, and I assume if he took over for Letterman he would just be himself. So that would be kinda interesting.

Can't imagine Colbert being satisfied with that type of setup. And while it would be a huge payday, it's not like he's not doing well on Comedy Central. Probably making almost as much as Jon Stewart at this point.

That would be uncomfortably strange, I imagine. Kinda figure it will also tank after the novelty wears off.

If I were CBS, I'd still want Stewart out of the two Comedy Central guys. I feel like he'd have more appeal to a wider demographic, and is a more known quantity as far his interviewing skills go(since Colbert the character as an interviewer might not have much to with Colbert himself as an interviewer). But maybe Stewart's not interested?

Here's a wildcard: how about Conan? He found a home on TBS, but it's still basic cable. His current contract runs through November 2015, so a little later than you'd like if you're CBS looking for a replacement. But if they came knocking with an 11:30 network time slot, does Conan say no? I think it'd be tempting to him, but also knowing his personality, he probably feels a degree of gratitude/loyalty to TBS for giving him that opportunity when really no one else had time/room for him on their schedules after he left NBC, and for giving him basically free reign there. Actually, now that I think about it, given that Conan owns his show and the 12:30 show(it's Pete Holmes now, right?), chances of him leaving are probably slim. And would CBS even be interested in a former Tonight Show host, particularly with all of the events that occured in 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom