Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you have watched Garth Marenghi's Darkplace?

It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Stumbled upon it years ago, and I think I must have watched it over 20 times by now. What's amazing is that the DVD "extras", comprising of the spoof interviews, are even funnier than the episodes themselves.

If you have a taste for those quirky, weird British comedic sensibilities, you need to watch this asap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T4-N1jRuQA

This may be in the greater Los Angeles area only.
about 2 1/2 hours KCET public station is broadcasting all four parts of the BBC production of "House of Cards" starring Ian Richardson. Looking forward to seeing it in HD. Looks like it will be on again this Wed.
I watched it in the 90s. Great television, far superior to the NetFlix production.

Caught Jay Leno's final show last night. In the Late Night Wars, I was a Letterman guy, but Jay's final show was nice. He had Billy Crystal as his lone sit down guest and Garth Brooks played a of couple songs. Plus, some special guests showed up like Oprah, Jack Black and Carol Burnet. Jay had himself a pretty good run as the host of The Tonight Show. Hopefully, NBC will be patient with Jimmy Fallon and allow him the time to make the show his own. (Unlike Conan, who NBC dumped after 9 months. :sad:)

Which final show?

How many of you have watched Garth Marenghi's Darkplace?

It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Stumbled upon it years ago, and I think I must have watched it over 20 times by now. What's amazing is that the DVD "extras", comprising of the spoof interviews, are even funnier than the episodes themselves.

If you have a taste for those quirky, weird British comedic sensibilities, you need to watch this asap.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace - EP01 - Once Upon A Beginning (full episode) - YouTube

Strangely, yes, I know of this. It's like a parody of early eighties Stephen King (who for the record is a great writer, but you know, the vibe).

The guy popped up one time in the Office (UK version).

Strangely, yes, I know of this. It's like a parody of early eighties Stephen King (who for the record is a great writer, but you know, the vibe).

The guy popped up one time in the Office (UK version).

Yea most of these guys usually work together - The IT Crowd, The Mighty Boosh, AD/BC: A Rock Opera, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace etc.

The IT Crowd was hilarious as well, but Darkplace is my favorite comedy thing ever.

Anyone watching Shameless? I just got caught up on this season and I'm really enjoying it.

Saw Glenn Robbins - Russell Coight - do the dance posted on page one of this thread live in person at a comedy gig last night. Was amazing.

Isn't it always on? Isn't that how it's been on the air for, like, 150 years?

I want to know when the hell The Good Wife is coming back on, damn it. Even a week after the closing ceremonies, it's STILL a goddamned repeat. :(

The Americans is back tonight comrades, y'all best be watching.

And I did. Nice start to this season. Seeing that family dead and how the son reacted was chilling. I also like how Paige is finally starting to realize something is off with her parents. Too bad her suspicion had dire consequences.

:shudder:

Yeah, the show got so strong by the middle/end of its first season I was admittedly nervous about a new season (Homeland-induced fear of utterly destroying potential perhaps? Though The Americans set a far higher bar for the character drama aspect than Homeland did), what a great way to start though. I get the feeling that in order for the show to continue beyond this season they'd have to become defectors.

The which-way-is-up and who should be rooted for moral ambiguity of this show is insane. Everyone is despicable in certain ways and yet most of them are eminently relatable too. Something AMC shows could learn from.

edit: also, Paige's suspicions aren't new though, that was definitely present by the finale of last season and there's been some relatively large gap in time between seasons.

edit: also, Paige's suspicions aren't new though, that was definitely present by the finale of last season and there's been some relatively large gap in time between seasons.

Her suspicions aren't new, but she's finally being proactive rather than just wonder. If anything, she'll be snooping around more and it will be interesting to see how her parents react to that. Will they wonder if lying to their kids about everything is worth it for the Motherland? Will they choose their kids or the USSR? Maybe this is where defection will come in as you suggest.

11362760_ori.jpg

Khal Drogo lives again in a new series on Sundance tonight.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogstv/57608328-63/momoa-road-bad-red.html.csp

And Hannibal is back on Friday, y'all best be watching that as well.

I've been picking my way through The X Files (season 2!) currently, and what's really impressive when looking through the crew is the number of actors/writers/directors who went on to later success. That show was stacked. Which is a roundabout way of saying Hannibal has that same sort of all star team vibe working throughout the show. The overall soundtrack and that sound design as the ear was force fed down Will Graham's throat? Creepy as hell.

I was curious about checking out Resurrection (the show loosely based around The Returned), but seeing as how it's on at the same time as The Good Wife and the new Cosmos special (which I am totally watching), I guess I'll be giving it a pass.

If I hear it's miraculously good, I'll just hope it'll be on On Demand to watch later, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom