Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This past week, the No. 1 album in America was by a polo-shirted New York band that has never had a hit single. Even alt-rock radio doesn't play them much.

This week, that band will be replaced at No. 1 by a French duo that only appears publicly in robot getups and, until a month ago, had never seen the inside of the Top 40.

What It Means When 'Hip' Albums Top The Charts : The Record : NPR

Pretty cool.

It was Chuck D who was rapping, guys. Just so you know.

And wow, he got Patti Russo back after all these years, to duet with him on that horrid "California Dreamin'" dirge.

Coming soon: Stand in the Storm (feat. Lil Jon, John Rich and Mark McGrath)

Well, basically, that killed me. The way Lil Jon entered the song, I had a vision in my head of Rich and Meat Loaf sharing a mic and then Lil Jon Jumped through the glass window of the recording studio with a flying kick, yelling, "YEAAAAAHHHHH!" It was one of the most impressive "YEEEAHHHHH!!!"s he's ever given.

Jury duty, guys. Awkwardly standing around with my fellow citizens, waiting for the shuttle to take us to the courthouse.

ETA: Oooh! They're playing C+C Music Factory on the shuttle! :hyper:

Was this recorded during an episode of Celebrity Apprentice. Do Gene Simmons and Dennis Rodman also have guest spots and is the cover art...
busey-meatloaf.jpg

T. Yorke just posted a short Atoms For Peace clip on Twitter with that eerie, cinematic "Paperbag Writer" music in the background. I've always really liked that shit. It's not sampled from anything else, is it? Probs just a Jonny Greenwood creation, I'd guess.

Yessssss <3.

And now they're on the same label as Wampire. Perhaps this shall be my new favorite label ever.

Other than the main riff sounding a lot like the shitty Three Dog Night cover of Mama Told Me Not to Come, I thought that track was awesome.

Loved No Color, so I have high expectations for the new album.

Polyvinyl Records is in Champaign. The town I'm living in right now. Cool label. Someone should start a thread about indie record labels.

Also, one of my friends got us some time at a really inexpensive studio for tomorrow. If anything good comes out of the recordings, I'll post them here for you guys to listen to and laugh at.

Also, one of my friends got us some time at a really inexpensive studio for tomorrow. If anything good comes out of the recordings, I'll post them here for you guys to listen to and laugh at.

That's awesome, good luck. I've always been really interested in cheap/homemade production so please share whatever you record.

Apparently Kevin Parker used the same model of 16-track to record Innerspeaker that I use for my music, JNP included. I have no excuses for it sounding shitty I guess.

Thanks. I'm excited. I think I might smoke a lot of weed before going in there. Not 100% sure about that yet, though.

According to a scientific study conducted by Madvillain, weed increases creativity from 8 to 11 times.

So remember

M-a-r-i

J-u-a-n-a

Back
Top Bottom