Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I should probably go to this:

Chicago - Vic Theater ($24)

Big Star’s "Third": An Orchestrated Live Performance of the Legendary Album along with a selection of earlier songs featuring:

Jody Stephens (Big Star) / Mike Mills (R.E.M.)

Ken Stringfellow (The Posies, Big Star) / Chris Stamey (The dBs)

Mitch Easter (Lets Active) / Gary Louris (The Jayhawks)

Josh Caterer (Smoking Popes) / Ed Roeser (Urge Overkill)

Sally Timms (The Mekons) / Tim Rutili (Califone)

Ken Vandermark and more - all backed by a string orchestra

I was looking through reviews of the Deafheaven album and kept marveling at the ludicrousness of the names of other "black metal" bands. I mean, "Altar of Plagues"? Who the hell even thinks of something like that, no less decides to use it as a band name?

I was looking through reviews of the Deafheaven album and kept marveling at the ludicrousness of the names of other "black metal" bands. I mean, "Altar of Plagues"? Who the hell even thinks of something like that, no less decides to use it as a band name?

That's awesome. In the worst way, of course.

I always wanted to call a band "The Scoliosis Factor".

Honestly, this is a pandora's box we're opening here with me. Best I stand down now before shit gets real.

I have had a part in naming several bands. Bands I've been a member of, to date:

Disinfectant Trifecta
The Jack Nicholson Party
Raptor Almanac

And, if I ever get to hang out with Axver, Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge.

There's only one place to hang out with Axver, and that's Paris.

I remember a thread on this site that either was about fake band names, or, eventually included them....AtomicBono had a list and one was "Oh you Gerunds!" That cracked me up.

The only band I was ever in had no specific name because all five members called it something different. Unfortunately, the lead singer had the most graphic name so that's what people thought we were. We only played one show.

Action-Bronson-Saab-Stores-artwork.jpg

:/

Unless the dude on the right is Rick Rubin, that cover is pretty awful. But Rick Rubin doesn't really stand up anymore so it's definitely not him.

Back
Top Bottom