Random NOFX related question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
SO my boyfriend says to me he says that he thinks they are playing a new NOFX song on JJJ. I need to double check this fact though, as my boyfriend can't really be trusted to discourse on music of a punk rock nature (it's so cute when the techno kids try to understand their punk loving significant others.) Anyway is this true? Or do we tell the boy to stick with the house?

The answer is YES.

They've been playing this song by NOFX called Franco Un-American and it bugs the shit out of me. Lamest song ever. I much prefer United States of Whatever by Liam Lynch.

The way to go Franco Un-American. :yuck: :down:

I was just asking a random NOFX question on the soccer sidelines.....no one knew the answer. Are they American?
They will be touring Australia soon, so that is probably why JJJ are starting to play their music. I think they should change their name.
somebody....anybody? Are they from the USA?
that song calluna mentioned is on RAGE tonight I noticed.

Can I ask a random Good Charlottes question? Are they any good?

followed by another random question...
which random question were you randomly answering?

serious now...

:lmao::random things that spin and twirl:

good charlotte. :down:

another sum 41, blink 182, simple plan, new found glory, whatever.

and now i must ask a random question about australian punk bands.

are frenzal rhomb any good?

I would describe them as quirky. If you like quirky...and beer, you'd probably like Frenzel Rhomb. I can't say I've listened to all their stuff. Some of their lyrics are good/clever/strong..and their film clips:lmao: I like quirky ...sometimes.
My neice's boyfriend's band are supporting NOFX soon and they have asked them to change their name. I can understand that if NOFX are Aussie's , but if they are flying back home to wherever USA? I can't see it will matter that much. I suppose it is best to do the name change now, before they record their album. Seems a shame. They have been BrittleFX for some time now.
Seems a funny thing to be saying about someone who only just turned 15...punk babies :up:

fuck me, i actually like that song (nofx--france unamerican)

and i was going to play it on my radio show...but yeah, they used to be better, i agree...cannot go wrong wit punk in drublic

Yeah I did, and I do it again. YOU CALL THAT PUNK?????

Also Calluna, don't know if you know this, but United States of Whatever, was written for the Sifl and Olly show about four years back. I had it downloaded on my computer like freshman year of Uni. True true. A song is always better when it is preformed by sock puppets.

conv_vexer20.jpg

"keep supporting punk rock music"
- one of them blink-182 guys when his band won 'best rock act' (beating u2, i might add) at the mtv europe awards. i actually laughed out loud. the show did feature great performances by depeche mode and rem on the night though, and ali g was a riot.

I did not know that, notiti. That song rules! Although I am sure there are some who find it annoying I laugh my ass off whenever I hear it even though I have already heard it at least twenty times. I can't wait for you to hear this new version of it. I'm sure you will if you listen to jjj when you get to Australia.

Hmmm true. No idea myself. When Blair asked me if I hed heard "United States of Whatever" I thought that he had downloaded the Sifl and Olly version, and so I started ranting at him about sock puppets. He was extreamly confused.
What the version you've heard is missing is this fantastic intro where Olly refuses to say anything except "whatever" while Sifl is trying to finish up the show. So Sifl's all like "You know you can keep on saying whatever to me, and you might think it makes you look cool - but it doesn't." And Olly says "Yeah you know, whatever it's like you know, I got the tude now you know, like whatever. "
Good times.

Back
Top Bottom