Random Music Thread XXXV: Cobbler Strikes Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I yelled "KANSAS CITY, YOU DUMBASS!" at the top of my lungs. People around me were probably like "Who's this little asshole coming to a U2 show talking shit about the lead singer?"

Little did they know that he is my idol and like my favorite person on the planet, and that I just like to make fun of him because he's cute and easy to make fun of and it's funny.

:applaud:

I keep trying to find this
Edge "oh for fuck's sake"
moment everyone's talking about like you can't miss it, and several replays later I still haven't heard it. :grumpy:

Did you enjoy the booing that the comment got, Gaf :wink:

I actually didn't notice the booing. Although I'm not at all surprised that people booed. I might have just been in a bit of shock from hearing Bono mention my favorite team. I was at the White Sox game this afternoon (we lost to Kansas) and I didn't notice any angry Irish drummers in the lower box seats.

Interpol rocked, by the way. They're a tight live band. Set was short but sweet. I wish Banks had said more to the crowd in between songs than just "Thank you" and "We're Interpol" but it's all good. I was also hoping they'd play "NYC" but they didn't. Still a treat to see them. They know what's up.

This whole GA thing sounds like a nightmare. The only outdoor concert I ever saw was Springsteen three years ago, and I had seats. I've done indoor GA before (The National) and just walked in and found a spot in the middle.

It won't be like that at your show. :hug:

:applaud:

I keep trying to find this
Edge "oh for fuck's sake"
moment everyone's talking about like you can't miss it, and several replays later I still haven't heard it. :grumpy:

Really? I heard it in both videos I watched. It's right after Bono says "Edge sounds really confident" or whatever it was. The camera's not on Edge, but you can hear him mutter it.

I wonder how much time of my life I've spent trying to decide what to listen to.

:lol:

Who hasn't yelled at Bono during a concert?

"WHY DO YOU LIE?????"

Ashley swears I didn't shout it very loudly (relative to the band, everything seems quiet), but I did shout out "DRUNK CHICKEN!!!" during one of Bono's rants about how great America is. I don't know why. I don't particularly want them to play it. One of those Rock And Roll Doggie moments.

Also, when everyone was curiously taping Zooropa instead of singing along, I stopped taping and shouted "WE LOVE THIS SONG, BONO. I PROMISE!" and then proceeded to jump up and down like a maniac during the second half of the song, singing every lyric as loudly as I could. Ashley sang that one pretty loudly too. Nobody else around me really was. :sigh:

This whole GA thing sounds like a nightmare. The only outdoor concert I ever saw was Springsteen three years ago, and I had seats. I've done indoor GA before (The National) and just walked in and found a spot in the middle.

Seriously, you should be able to do that here. Walk in at 5:00 and waltz into the pit. You'll be in the middle, if not even a little closer than the middle.

Interpol rocked, by the way. They're a tight live band. Set was short and sweet. I wish Banks had said more to the crowd in between songs than just "Thank you" and "We're Interpol" but it's all good. I was also hoping they'd play "NYC" but they didn't. Still a treat to see them. They know what's up.

What did they play? Glad to hear from you and LeMeL that they sounded ok in that sort of large scale setup.

did you go to the show yup?

Unfortunately not. I was unable to find an affordable (and desirable) ticket. Anyway, I'm glad that all you Chicagolanders had a memorable show. The lads do seem to love the city, and they give a little bit of special attention every time they are there.

Really? I heard it in both videos I watched. It's right after Bono says "Edge sounds really confident" or whatever it was. The camera's not on Edge, but you can hear him mutter it.

I just listened to it again. Nothing. I heard an "s" sound from Edge's direction and thought, oh, that must be it, lol.

Interpol rocked, by the way. They're a tight live band. Set was short but sweet. I wish Banks had said more to the crowd in between songs than just "Thank you" and "We're Interpol" but it's all good. I was also hoping they'd play "NYC" but they didn't. Still a treat to see them. They know what's up.

Sounds exactly like the time that I saw them a few months ago. I was lukewarm toward them until then - the performance made me a fan.

Ashley swears I didn't shout it very loudly (relative to the band, everything seems quiet), but I did shout out "DRUNK CHICKEN!!!" during one of Bono's rants about how great America is. I don't know why. I don't particularly want them to play it. One of those Rock And Roll Doggie moments.

Also, when everyone was curiously taping Zooropa instead of singing along, I stopped taping and shouted "WE LOVE THIS SONG, BONO. I PROMISE!" and then proceeded to jump up and down like a maniac during the second half of the song, singing every lyric as loudly as I could. Ashley sang that one pretty loudly too. Nobody else around me really was. :sigh:

Ha, that's what I did during Zooropa as well.

And :lol: at the Drunk Chicken shout.

singing every lyric as loudly as I could. Ashley sang that one pretty loudly too. Nobody else around me really was. :sigh:

Sounds pretty similar to the crowd in SLC. It was far and away my highlight of the night and was taking all I could do to not absolutely flip out while I sang along, and everyone around me was sitting down or standing there with confused looks on their faces.

Yes, I forgot to mention, but Interpol was GREAT. Surprised by how many people didn't know "Obstacle 1" but DID know the next song they played, which I didn't know by name, and Travis THINKS was "C'Mere"

Full set isn't up on setlist.fm yet though :(. They also played Evil, Barricade and Not Even Jail.

The only things Banks said other than "We're Interpol" was the names of each song. Also, I couldn't get over how much his hair reminded me of Joe Piscopo's in Sidekicks

jxpiscop.jpg

Did they play Narc? That's my favourite Interpol song.

It's my second favorite, and no they didn't. Judging by their setlists I was looking through the night before the show, they either play Obstacle 1 or Narc, but not both :(

I am glad everyone takes these amazing videos because I refuse to sacrifice a second of my concert enjoyment in the name of watching it later on a screen.

I'm still fucking livid that you assholes got to hear FUCKING ZOOROPA. I hope you all appreciated how goddam lucky you are :wink:

My MO is to sing along to songs that I want U2 to continue playing, and remain quiet during those I do not.

I was mighty quiet during SBS and Walk On.

I just checked this one:

It's at :35. I swear I heard it clear as a bell on headphones earlier. Without them, yeah, I just heard like " .... 's sake."

Alright, I think I got it that time but never would have picked it up in a million years if everyone hadn't been saying that's what he was saying. But I wasn't listening with headphones either.

My cousin is a pretty big fan of the band, I stayed at his house when I flew up to Brisbane to see U2. I was dismayed to discover he is one of these don't-jump-around-like-an-idiot-but-instead-spend-minutes-at-a-time-filming.

I got fuck all video of the three shows I saw, I was too busy pissing people off next to me by jumping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom