Random Music Thread XXXV: Cobbler Strikes Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The GA stuff all makes me sick to my stomach. Crap like that justifies why I either try to buy seats, or am happy to stand in the back where I can see in GA only venues. I'd much rather be able to watch and enjoy the show, than put up with mega-douchery involved in standing close.

It's weird how once a band becomes popular, fans are all bastards in the front. At a lot of indie shows, kids don't even want to look "uncool" by walking right up front. I've happily walked right up to the front with my friends, which usually makes about 10 other people get over their "uncool" fears, and walk right up to the front as well. Everyone behaves and is nice up front, no probs. Once an act gets slightly more popular, people seem to think it's ok to forget that everyone around them are other members of the human race who deserved to be treated with the same respect they themselves think they're entitled to. I want to shoot those people. Repeatedly. Shoot them so often that they appear less like humans, and more like Swiss cheese.

It's frustrating to me because once you get past the first like, 20-50 people in line, everyone there are really great to talk to. They love the band (clearly) and are there to have a great time. No one wants to argue, they just want to see the band they love and enjoy themselves.

I showed up at 6:00 AM and was #291st in line, and you know what? I got the exact spot I (Travis) wanted. Why argue and fight? There's PLENTY of room for everyone.

I'm short, I've mentioned. It's a little harder for me if I don't get front row or Ellipse rail. But, I really may just hang back by the soundboard next time I see the band. Who knows.

I just hope I get to see them again soon. I hope they don't disappear for a long time. They're getting older, it's making me nervous. I love those bastards.

I cracked up about your complaints about leaving the stadium, 2012. Now imagine trying to meet a group of people across the street during that mess.

...or getting on a train afterward. If you don't have money on the card already, you'll be waiting over a half-hour.

Also, 212, did you say that someone was playing Robert Plant's "In the Mood" during the exit? That's an awesome but obscure choice.

u2popmofo said:
The GA stuff all makes me sick to my stomach. Crap like that justifies why I either try to buy seats, or am happy to stand in the back where I can see in GA only venues. I'd much rather be able to watch and enjoy the show, than put up with mega-douchery involved in standing close.

This is 100% accurate. If I ever see Shuttlecock again, I'm doing what I did two years ago: GA, but showing up when I please and not worrying about all the other shit. Getting to Squirtigo at 7 AM wasn't a great experience even with winning the lottery and getting a front row rail spot. The dude draped in the Irish flag taking people's names was one of the bigger dipshits I've seen at a show, which is saying a lot as it's a mighty long list.

Also, the Gathering added to its lineup.... Charlie Sheen? The fuck, my ninjas? The fuck?

I still can't get over watching this chick lie to these peoples faces. "Oh well, it was all over the U2 fansites. Have you ever heard of Interference? It would be good to check there." I tried to yell bullshit at her, but I'm too shy, so I just said it at a bit higher than my normal speaking voice :(

Ah yes, that would be the more logical choice. And Black Dog on the sax does sound like a disaster in the making.

It seemed to me like the guy had just found a saxophone in a gutter somewhere and was fucking around with it, more than actually knowing how to play it. It was weird, street musicians are usually quite good. He would sing a verse of Black Dog (badly) and then get on the saxophone and squawk through the chorus. It was so bad, in fact, that LemonMelon didn't even recognize it. I don't know why I did, to be honest.

Oh, Travis just reminded me of one thing. I did punch a guy in the back. Don't step on my damn foot in the midst of an anxiety attack.

I want to shoot those people. Repeatedly. Shoot them so often that they appear less like humans, and more like Swiss cheese.

cori texted me that we needed a GA is hell t-shirt; I responded it had to have a Utahn Justice musket on it, and I hadn't even read this yet.

The musket jokes never cease to amuse me.

It was weird, street musicians are usually quite good.

This reminds me: the other day I saw the most unorthodox busking strategy. Some bloke was sitting in the subway with the money hat just playing a boombox. I thought that he would need to up his game if he were going to compete with the actual musicians who usually occupy those spots.

One Tree

fucking

Hill

you bitches.

Best concert moment of my life? Ummm, yes, probably. More later.

I want to shoot those people. Repeatedly. Shoot them so often that they appear less like humans, and more like Swiss cheese.

This. Though what would be more satisfying is seeing Boner & Co. call them out in an interview and disown them. Then maybe they'd just shoot themselves and we wouldn't have to waste any valuable gunpowder.

I say we go over to that Chicago meet-up thread and flame these motherfuckers into oblivion.

They're pathetic, disgusting human beings.

I just noticed this awesome occurrence:
As Edge is trying to figure out the beginning of One Tree Hill, Bono says "Edge looks real confident!" and Edge, who has that headset mic on, mutters, "Oh, for fuck's sake."

Bruce System. Please.

I remember a few years ago I went over to Backstreets, and I swear there were a few people whining about Bruce's system, and said "Man, I wish they'd do it like U2 does theirs." HA HA HA HA HA.

I still can't get over watching this chick lie to these peoples faces. "Oh well, it was all over the U2 fansites. Have you ever heard of Interference? It would be good to check there." I tried to yell bullshit at her, but I'm too shy, so I just said it at a bit higher than my normal speaking voice :(

Is it someone we know? Because if it's someone who posts here, I would march on over to the tour forum and call them out on their bullshit, because that is just not okay. (Assuming they meant specifics about that line, as the general GA information is all over the sites.)

cori texted me that we needed a GA is hell t-shirt; I responded it had to have a Utahn Justice musket on it, and I hadn't even read this yet.

I can't decide between "Hell is Other U2 Fans" or "U2 GA is the Tenth Circle of Hell."

Best concert moment of my life? Ummm, yes, probably. More later.

YAY!

think leaving soldier field was bad? try the one tiny tunnel at the end of the field at vanderbilt accessible by three small gaps between the portaloos and the sound and lighting board. channel 10,000 people through three spaces the size of a regular hallway and you've got a party.

I remember a few years ago I went over to Backstreets, and I swear there were a few people whining about Bruce's system, and said "Man, I wish they'd do it like U2 does theirs." HA HA HA HA HA.

:lmao:
Is it someone we know? Because if it's someone who posts here, I would march on over to the tour forum and call them out on their bullshit, because that is just not okay. (Assuming they meant specifics about that line, as the general GA information is all over the sites.)
I'm not sure. I remember what one of them looked like, but I don't know if it was someone from Interf. I'll message you on facebook at tell you what the one looked like.

and yeah, fuck lining up for u2. ever.

walking into the stadium 20 minutes before the opener and nearly ending up on the outer rail is good enough for me. even made the conscious decision to move further back, which was one of my better ones.

I just noticed this awesome occurrence:
As Edge is trying to figure out the beginning of One Tree Hill, Bono says "Edge looks real confident!" and Edge, who has that headset mic on, mutters, "Oh, for fuck's sake."

Yes, that was AWESOME.

Also (and this does not reference the song, so I'm not going to put it under tags):

"Here's the deal - if we screw this up really badly, you don't put it on the internet."

:lol:

I can't stand the piece of paper they pass around in the GA line to put your name on. Whoever starts those things needs to give their head a shake; They're taking things way too seriously. I wonder what would happen if it mysteriously disappeared when it gets to me on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom