Random Music Thread XXXV: Cobbler Strikes Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really depressed to hear
AIWIY
discussion. It's among my five favorite U2 songs and the one thing that I really feel we missed out on.

Not going to complain about the setlist beyond that though because it was incredible.

I was surprised to see it leave. I figured it got swapped out at Anaheim 2 with that whole second night rotation thing.

I think if you take the best parts of the tour and put together a setlist, it's pretty damn great:

Even Better than the Real Thing
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until the End of the World
New Year's Day
No Line on the Horizon
Breathe
Beautiful Day
All I Want Is You
The Unforgettable Fire
Miss Sarajevo
Zooropa
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Mothers of the Disappeared
One Tree Hill

One
Where the Streets Have No Name

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Moment of Surrender
Bad

All those songs have been played on this tour. You keep four songs from NLOTH involved too.

Really depressed to hear
AIWIY
discussion. It's among my five favorite U2 songs and the one thing that I really feel we missed out on.

Not going to complain about the setlist beyond that though because it was incredible.

I strangely got that and
Stay
at all three shows I saw and they are two of my favorites for that part of the show. I felt like I had not heard them much over the years.

So you need to go to Minn.

I think if you take the best parts of the tour and put together a setlist, it's pretty damn great:

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
New Year's Day
No Line on the Horizon
Breathe
Beautiful Day
All I Want Is You
The Unforgettable Fire
Miss Sarajevo
Zooropa
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
One Tree Hill

One

Moment of Surrender
Bad

All those songs have been played on this tour. You keep four songs from NLOTH involved too.

:up: The band in crisis clearly needs your help with setlists.

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
New Year's Day
No Line on the Horizon
Breathe
Beautiful Day
All I Want Is You
The Unforgettable Fire
Miss Sarajevo
Zooropa
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
One Tree Hill

One

Moment of Surrender
Bad

That's it? Seems like there should be more considering all the changes.

You also forgot all the new songs, but that's probably a good thing. I'd be open to putting Bird Falls From The Sky in there, though.

That's it? Seems like there should be more considering all the changes.

You also forgot all the new songs, but that's probably a good thing. I'd be open to putting Bird Falls From The Sky in there, though.
That wasn't a list of every song played on the tour, I hope you realize.

The band in crisis clearly needs your help getting out of bed in the morning to look at their dreary, aging, uncreative faces in the mirror.

That thread and Y MOAR ACHTUNG!??? have become two of the forum's most absurd after seeing the band for myself.

If I had to make such a list, Your Blue Room sure as fuck would be on there....that shit was amazing, regardless of how people received it. Electrical Storm was cool, but, not amazing.

And, of course.....hearing The Unforgettable Fire a bunch of times was an incredible gift for me. God that was epic.

I didn't really know what else to put there, and I was kind of trying to keep the framework of the setlist intact. Probably an oversight.

Breaking news, NSW:

septa_logo.gif

I really fucking love Electrical Storm (even despite the chorus, easily the weakest part of the song), and am disappointed that they couldn't pull that one off.

Love that they tried it a few times, though.

That thread and Y MOAR ACHTUNG!??? have become two of the forum's most absurd after seeing the band for myself.

Yet highly entertaining.

NSW with a good idea there, maybe put Your Blue Room in for Miss Sarajevo.

Tough call for me. I love Miss Sarajevo
although the new animated video material supporting it isn't nearly as powerful as the women holding up that sign
but YBR was special.

Very much agreed with your spoilered comment.

I really wish the Miss Sarajevo film was available on Netflix. I think you can only buy it through Bill Carter's website, though. Not that it's expensive. I'd actually like to get around to picking it up one of these days. I loved his book (and not just the U2 part!).

I really fucking love Electrical Storm (even despite the chorus, easily the weakest part of the song), and am disappointed that they couldn't pull that one off.

Love that they tried it a few times, though.

I don't get what's so hard about it. Edge shouldn't have forced a new guitar line in there when chords would have worked just fine. Also, the synthesizer bit is faaaaaar too loud...they got a little too reliant on the tapes there.

Would I have lost my shit if they played it yesterday though? Of course. It's a great song.

Watching that clip makes me smile.....Trevor and I were struck dumb, I think....we'd heard they might play it but I didn't really think they would.....I think we were both in shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom