Random Music Thread XXXIV: Shouter cares more than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man, I really love Venderlyle. It comes across as so retrained or understated but there's so much right under the surface just waiting to break out. The song's kind of an anticlimax for the album, but it fits with the band's M.O.

Also, I'm having some issues with Even Better Than The Real Cock as an opener. For the current tour itself, fine. But making your first appearance at Glastonbury? It's not aggressive enough. They should have opened with The Bird and just melted people's faces off right from the get-go.
how would opening with a morris day and the time song be aggressive?

no really, i just have no clue which song the bird is.

Love that song, ridiculously stupid title aside.

That acapella, acoustic performance they do of it has to be the bravest way to finish a gig I've ever seen.

That is ballsy, and perhaps functions really well as a Love Is Blindness-esque closer, but I got About Today and Terrible Love as closers the first and second time I saw them, respectively, and wouldn't trade those for anything. Really wish I would have been more into them when I saw them that first time opening for Arcade Fire, but their performance was amazing and I remember listening to Boxer like the very next day. That shit worked.

Hmm... The Wall is on Feb 7... but we have tentatively discussed going to Thailand for a full moon party that week.

Considering that The Wall is one of the most overrated albums in the world (a double album, but with a lack of good songs) I'd say go partying in Thailand.

Popmartijn said:
Considering that The Wall is one of the most overrated albums in the world (a double album, but with a lack of good songs) I'd say go partying in Thailand.

Oh I'd definitely go to Thailand, and I agree it's overrated, but I'd dearly love to see it performed in full live.

Why so butthurt?

It's not like he's wrong, it is a bit annoying after all this time....but, it's not like Laz is going to stop doing it, so I don't even bother saying anything.

Luckily for me, there are many people that annoy me much more, so that serves (no pun intended) as a distraction.

Wait, why are you singling me out?

Imperor and I have been locked in this staring contest since the beginning, even if he tends to post less about Shuttlecock.

I don't really get while you guys still do it either, but whatever.

I just listened to The King of Limbs and like it more than I remember.

Yup, I'm just as guilty as Captain Toobing. It takes absolutely no extra effort to call everything by its Cockified name, I still get a kick out of it, and it occasionally sparks a good call-back or new joke. So who gives a fuck? Not hurting anybody, so no reason to be a little titty bitch about it.

I think he means The Fly. But yeah, all that mangling of U2 and their albums and songs was lame 2 years ago and is even more now.

That took me a few posts to realize what this is all about - I thought he was bagging on U2 for playing different arrangements of their songs. :lol:

I thought he was complaining about all the revisionist history that is done here with people constantly pretending their opinions matter enough that they need to tell us what track listings albums and concerts should have had, as I've always found that insanely strange.

But yeah, the Shuttlecock stuff can be annoying sometimes. There are lots of overused jokes on Interference from years ago here though, so it is what it is. On a forum where the "It's Official" section still exists, and people still post in it, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. We all find diff. things funny, not a big deal.

Every time I see or hear Raphael Saadiq's name, I instantly think of one of the last character's name and aliases from this classic SNL sketch...

YouTube - ‪Weird Terrorist Names‬‏

Yeah, it's mainly the protracted lengths that people here go to in keeping a gag running that's somewhat baffling. Then again, I'm not sure why anyone really cares too much or is especially bothered by it. If anything I'm continually amused/impressed that Laz and Imp still find humor in it.

I mostly ignore it (unless I read a song title that I'm seriously stumped by, and I care enough about what they're saying in general to ask), and while I've never been all that amused by song titles (Squirtigo excepted, although that was a separate joke), I do sometimes get a chuckle out of a random Shuttlecock reference, like the picture of the giant shuttlecock in Target.

That took me a few posts to realize what this is all about - I thought he was bagging on U2 for playing different arrangements of their songs. :lol:

Ha. I had to backtrack to figure this one out myself. I thought he was complaining about the AB heavy setlists.

I didn't understand either until I saw Impy's reply.

Why can't we all just get a cock along?

"U2 have an enormous Star Wars set with drumsticks that light up northern Africa"

Ha.

I enjoyed his set - I'm glad I caught it online. There are a lot of his solo songs that I just love.

Pretending someone would be moved enough by badminton and/or prostitutes is still funny to me in the same way tailoring Star Wars references to other topics continues to be. And lord knows we get on that jag fairly often. I make no apologies for my continued shuttlecockery.

Pretending someone would be moved enough by badminton and/or prostitutes is still funny to me in the same way tailoring Star Wars references to other topics continues to be. And lord knows we get on that jag fairly often. I make no apologies for my continued shuttlecockery.

I've got a bad(minton) feeling about this...

Back
Top Bottom