Random Music Thread XXXIII: Laz Goes Tubing, Gets Run Over By Tugboat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why haven't I spent every minute of my 20 years listening to Live Rust by Neil Young? The setlist is incredible, basically a greatest hits, but loaded with more obscure tracks too, and it's paced brilliantly. Then you've got the performances, which are thundering, aggressive and almost always equal or higher in quality than the studio versions. Plus, the banter is great...I think at one point, Neil tries to use the crowd's telekinetic genergy to stop the rain. He spends the rest of the show ranting about how much he loves the guitar. I pity all albums I hear from this point; it's just not fair.

Yeah, this is prob the NY I reach for more than any other, followed closely by the later live album Weld.

It's definitely better than Rust Never Sleeps in terms of the songs on both.

Oh yeah, I've seen them three times.

Fucking awesome!

Good for you.

I'm hooked now, baby!

I've just had such a good time going to shows and hanging out with friends, that I feel like I really want to be at the last show to bid a fond farewell.

I mean, who knows what will happen between now and .... well, who knows? They're getting older, and so am I.

Plus, ARCADE FIRE.

Between the Pink Floyd reissue series and the AB/Zooropa reissues, fall is looking to be an expensive few months for me.

Yeah, Rolling Stone apparently had that news out. There seems to be some confusion over the meaning of the "super-package"; it doesn't seem clear if they will be bundled together, or if that's just one option to buy some Jumbo Deluxe King Crab Edition, or what.

I think that it would be cool to have something like the following:

Disc 1: AB remastered + legitimate b-sides
Disc 2: Zooropa remastered + legitimate b-sides
Disc 3: Demos & Outtakes (those early versions of Hold Me Thrill Me and Wake Up Dead Man would be great to hear)
Disc 4: Best of remixes
Disc 5: Zoo TV DVD

I'd love a DVD of one of the Inside Broadcast shows.

I know they'll include all umpteen-zillion versions of those remixes, but as long as they're not the ONLY thing included as extras, I'll probably be happy.

This is one of those situations where I'd probably fork over the extra coin for the big balls-out edition, given that Achtung Birdie has inexplicably remained my favorite album of all time. For that reason, I know I'd actually watch the documentaries and whatever else. Would do the same for Cockropa actually. If this big ass bundle is real talk after all, it damn well better have LPs.

I have an LP of Achtung Birdie from a second-hand shop that has "Do not resell on pain of death. Promotional copy" printed all over it. It amuses me.

Back
Top Bottom