Random Music Thread XXXIII: Laz Goes Tubing, Gets Run Over By Tugboat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn. Hope the recovery goes well.

Thank you.

Shit, dude. I'm glad that you're recovering right now.

Thanks. The though of all the people I want to dunk on helped me through. :)

oh man, please tell me you had some form of insurance.

Nope. COBRA ran out a month ago and I knew I'd be hired on full-time shortly. At least I'll be covered for whatever remains to be done in the coming weeks. The bill is going to be significant, but, they'll work with me....and it's just money (that's not me playing to character) anyway.

also, now that i've seen the post, holy fuck mike.

that's terrible. i don't have much los angeles time (if any, and again, fuck you chilean ass cloud), but if i can manage meeting times, let me know when/where you can and i'll see as best i can.

holy shit mike. i'm so sorry to hear this but glad you're on the mend. shit. i don't know what to say. :(

and i second een's fuck chile comments.

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, fuck Chile. Scumbags.

That just sent a jolt through me, as I recall we're close in age.

Get well, NSW.

I'm crazy young for this, so, don't let that impact you at all, please. I don't drink or do drugs or smoke, but I eat (ate) a horrid, horrid diet and don't exercise enough and my arteries paid the price. So it's not like we're at an age where heart attack risk goes up....I just didn't treat my body with respect.

I will get well, though, thanks. Have to watch the Yanks eliminate the Sox in the ALCS, after all. :)

Shit, No Broken Serves. I'm so sorry to hear that. My dad had one Saturday. Why is this becoming a trend?

Glad you're doing well though.

I'm crazy young for this, so, don't let that impact you at all, please. I don't drink or do drugs or smoke, but I eat (ate) a horrid, horrid diet and don't exercise enough and my arteries paid the price. So it's not like we're at an age where heart attack risk goes up....I just didn't treat my body with respect.

I will get well, though, thanks. Have to watch the Yanks eliminate the Sox in the ALCS, after all. :)

My diet of late has sucked, I'll be the first to admit, and my running tailed off a while ago, and it shows. And yeah, I was just finishing a burger with fries for lunch...

So I need to watch it. It's a long MLB season after all.

Congrats on the job though.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. /benefits-type person response

Glad they'll work with you, and glad you'll have insurance going forward, but what shitty timing!

Oh, and of course, congratulations on the job. :)

Yeah, timing sucked, but, what can you do? And, thanks.

Shit, No Broken Serves. I'm so sorry to hear that. My dad had one Saturday. Why is this becoming a trend?

Glad you're doing well though.

Thanks, Deputy. Sorry about your Dad...is he ok???

Fuuuuck, and I drink on top of this. If I ever vanish from the forum again without a trace, we can all assume I'm dead or in the process.

You have many years before your heart is all "the fuck???".

oh god yes, in freaking out over the bad shit, i totally forgot about that. congratulations on the new job, h.

Thanks.

My diet of late has sucked, I'll be the first to admit, and my running tailed off a while ago, and it shows. And yeah, I was just finishing a burger with fries for lunch...

So I need to watch it. It's a long MLB season after all.

Congrats on the job though.

I can't exercise until after my next angioplasty, but, once I can, I'm going to attack things as best I can. Burgers and fries will have to be a once every few months treat for a while.

So, yeah, let's both eat better and live long enough to listen to everyone complain about East Coast bias over ALCS coverage. :)

And thanks.

God this thread is so off-topic, people...what the fuck? :)

You have many years before your heart is all "the fuck???".

Yeah, I know. Partly the reason I'm living my sedentary decadent lifestyle up to the best of my abilities while I still can. I'll give it maybe five more years and then I'll get my shit together in a major way before my body can't recover as easily. But anyway, you're hardly an old man, and I'm sure if your recovery goes as well as it seems to be, you'll be just fine once you make a few necessary corrections to your way of life.

You'll always be a dick cloth, however.

Thanks. All things considered, I'm ok. Not out of the woods yet by any means but, yeah, alive and whatnot.

Sorry to post that in here, I usually don't like to use this thread for anything but fun and games, but I wanted to let you cats know.

Shouter - Sadly, yeah, I'm serious.

Just awful, man. You're in my thoughts and prayers, of course. Don't care if your atheist ass believes in the latter, it's just my way.

For your part, I suggest you lay off the U2 sections of Interference for a while. Shit's maddening.

Thanks, Deputy. Sorry about your Dad...is he ok???

He's fine now. Got out of the hospital yesterday. That afternoon I drove to his house to grab his laptop and Breaking Bad S3 Blus, his Kindle, and went and got him an iPad at Best Buy, so he had plenty of gizmos in his hospital room for four days. I think he enjoyed the bed rest because of it. But he's good now and happy to be home.

Dude's 57, which is still young for a heart attack, but the fact that you had one at your age shows it can happen to anyone. As if my old man wasn't enough of a wake up call. So glad to hear you're alright though. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Yeah, I know. Partly the reason I'm living my sedentary decadent lifestyle up to the best of my abilities while I still can. I'll give it maybe five more years and then I'll get my shit together in a major way before my body can't recover as easily. But anyway, you're hardly an old man, and I'm sure if your recovery goes as well as it seems to be, you'll be just fine once you make a few necessary corrections to your way of life.

You'll always be a dick cloth, however.

At least you have a plan....I actually didn't really start letting myself go until I turned 30 or so. And, yeah, my prognosis, while subject to many factors, is pretty good all things considered. "dick cloth", you can't really buy that at Target.

Just awful, man. You're in my thoughts and prayers, of course. Don't care if your atheist ass believe in the latter, it's just my way.

For your part, I suggest you lay off the U2 sections of Interference for a while. Shit's maddening.

Thanks, man. The U2 sections of interference probably helped put me in this position in the first place.

He's fine now. Got out of the hospital yesterday. That afternoon I drove to his house to grab his laptop and Breaking Bad S3 Blus, his Kindle, and went and got him an iPad at Best Buy, so he had plenty of gizmos in his hospital room for four days. I think he enjoyed the bed rest because of it. But he's good now and happy to be home.

Dude's 57, which is still young for a heart attack, but the fact that you had one at your age shows it can happen to anyone. As if my old man wasn't enough of a wake up call. So glad to hear you're alright though. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Glad your Dad is ok and had a decent stay in the hospital. 57 is still young for that shit, yeah. Hope he does the right thing and never has another.

I managed to pack a bag before heading to the hospital (the nurses couldn't believe it) so I had a few books, my ipod, iphone, etc....then had a bunch of visitors which helped. Was out of the hospital in less than 48 hours, thankfully.

And, thanks. I'll be a little nerved up before the next angioplasty but other than that, I'm feeling pretty good/optimistic.

I was going to ask if you had an angioplasty or what the deal was. It's great that you were in and out so quickly*. Any clue what changes you might make in the future?

*said Lance's Mom to Dalton.

Thanks, man. The U2 sections of interference probably helped put me in this position in the first place.

Back when he was a regular in there, I thought Peef was going to have aneurysm at any moment from FYM. Thankfully, he became a drunken fool and most things lost their significance to him, so that's good.

My grandfather, father and uncle all have/had heart problems, so I can't afford to mess around. For now, I'm a skinny motherfucker and my cholesterol is low, but I do walk a couple miles a day and rarely live a sedentary lifestyle anymore. It honestly depresses me to do that anyway, which to me explains Lance and his ways.

Damn, NSW, sorry to hear. You've always been one of my favorite posters on here. Glad you are still alive!

Hearing shit like this freaks me out. My mom had a heart attack when she was only 42, and the males on my dad's side of the family have all died of heart attacks. A good reminder for me to watch my eating habits and exercise.

Good luck with the recovery, man.

If you need Joyful and I to go on and on and on about juicing and/or produce again, just ask. Everyone seems to love it when that happens. :wink:

Seriously. I exercised tremendous self-restraint by not giving an artery-cleansing juice recipe already.

Seriously. I exercised tremendous self-restraint by not giving an artery-cleansing juice recipe already.

Haha.
I've only used my juicer once so far this year...

NSW, please be in tip top shape by September 20th. The Locust must pay.

Back
Top Bottom