Random Music Thread LXXII: National Lampoon's Bogan Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in the least bit psyched about this Tim Armstrong records shitty covers with friends project, but I am rocking out to roots radicals like I haven't in ages. I may just have to dance around outside my truck (in front of the station at work) to time bomb. Haven't listened to rancid in a while.

Man you guys were a bit slow this week. Thanks for posting that Dan Deacon thing mofo - I listened to the other tracks too, the dude is talented as fuck. I strongly recommend you all listen to Something Area (Rod). I should listen to his album from a few months ago.

But I have a bad feeling Gotye wins. Hopefully not.

I still think it's a pretty good album :shrug: His sister cooked all the meals for the camp I was at all week. Just felt like telling you all that again.

Real sad about Ellen. I hope they find a great replacement. I'd hate for the band to dissipate.

White Lies :drool:

So glad they're in the studio right now. I need a new album from them pronto and/or stat.

White Lies :drool:

So glad they're in the studio right now. I need a new album from them pronto and/or stat.
I thought their last album was horrible. Opinions...

Thanks to all who recommended Menomena. Listening to Moms atm and really enjoying it.

This is the first lazy Sunday evening I've had in months with college and all. I'd almost forgotten how awesome it is. Just laying in my couch watching tv. :drool:

Ended up picking up a last minute, slightly under face ticket to Almost Acoustic Christmas tonight. Excited to finally see M83 live. I was searching yesterday and tickets for night 1 were listed for well under face, I guess Linkin Park is less popular these days. Wish they had Two Door Cinema Club tonight instead of Neon Trees. But I can find food during that set I suppose.

I'll be in that same lazy place very soon. Just one paper left, due Wednesday and I'm freeeeee :love:.

Going to try and spend 3 or 4 hours at the library tonight, get half of it done, finish it over the next two days and be free on Wednesday to watch 12.12.12.

Ended up picking up a last minute, slightly under face ticket to Almost Acoustic Christmas tonight. Excited to finally see M83 live. I was searching yesterday and tickets for night 1 were listed for well under face, I guess Linkin Park is less popular these days. Wish they had Two Door Cinema Club tonight instead of Neon Trees. But I can find food during that set I suppose.

Enjoy what we will no longer be able to celebrate with you :sad:

I'll be in that same lazy place very soon. Just one paper left, due Wednesday and I'm freeeeee :love:.
I don't really get how it works in the US. When do you have finals? Now? Because I have finals, or exams as I'd call it, in January. I'll spend my Christmas holiday studying.

Yeah, we have finals, and then the holiday.

Though in K-12 school, we did what you're describing. It was the worst.

Pub trivia tonight, and one of the themed rounds is 80s and 90s dance music.

Probably won't do very well. Gonna study up a little bit before hand, though.

I know that Snap! did "The Power" and "Rhythm Is A Dancer"

I love both their albums. I'd never heard of them until their second album was out, and that's the one I started with. I do agree that their first album is better. I can see where people who started with the first record would be disappointed in the second. No way I'd call it horrible, though.

Their singer is one of the worst lyricists on the planet, I know that. Really derivative music too. Yeah, I guess I hated the album too.

Guess I should hear this Menomena joint.

I love their lyrics and their sound. Really looking forward to seeing them on their next tour as well.

Thanks to all who recommended Menomena. Listening to Moms atm and really enjoying it.

:up:

Let us know how it is. Please laugh at Neon Trees for me.

Enjoy what we will no longer be able to celebrate with you :sad:

We could always setup a day and time and try to have a streaming party regardless, I suppose.

Beautiful :)

:)

Bob-Marley-Cable-Caddy.jpg

KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas. So glad I snagged a ticket for this. It was well worth the $90.

Imagine Dragons. I've heard the album and thought they were nice enough however live, they were much better. The extra percussion makes their music heavier live than on record which I really liked.
Alex Clare followed and was a big ball of meh. Just a generic pop-rock act where every song sounds alike. He also did a cover of "When Doves Cry" in that style.

Of Monsters and Men were very good despite sound issues their entire set. There was some wonky radio traffic over the PA. They took it in stride and the crowd really loved it.

Grouplove played a solid set. It was the 4th time I'd seen them this year, so it was a little stale for me. Thought they had better energy than 2 weeks ago opening for No Doubt.

After them was Passion Pit. I'd heard very mixed reviews on them live. However, I enjoyed it. I understand where Michael's vocals can be polarizing, but I loved them. They too had some minor sound issues, but by the end they seemed to have been fixed.

Neon Trees. Yeah. The best part of the set was when the lead singer let it slip there was a surprise guest later. Oh and I liked the leather jacket he had on at the beginning. Otherwise, still not a fan. And sorry Mofo, they didn't let me bring in a musket to take care of them.

M83 were on next. And holy shit they were incredible. Up until last night, I'd missed every chance I'd had to see them, which was frustrating, so they were one of the big reasons I picked up a ticket for this. The soundscapes they create live are stunning. That combined with their celestial themed visuals made their set entrancing. I really need to see them at their own show with a crowd that knows more than just Midnight City (which I love, but still).

.fun followed M83 and as always put on a good show. The expected sing alongs for We are Young and Some Nights were great. I also really love Carry On live.

Surprise Guest! No Doubt: I've loved them since I was in college, and they still put on a hell of a good live show. Gwen, who has the best abs I've ever seen, is still as energetic as ever. The crowd went ballistic as expected and they tore through 8 songs in a short amount of time.

Jack White: In typical Jack fashion he started playing before they introduced him with the stage not having turned yet. He played with the all male band and just torched every song he played. It was an unusual setlist for a radio show, as he played Top Yourself and I Cut Like a Buffalo and only 2 songs off of Blunderbuss. Still it was a great set, better than the one I saw at Outside Lands.

The Killers played for an hour and were very, very good. Setlist was hits, plus two tracks from Battle Born. Opened with Mr. Brightside. Thankfully, for me, they didn't play Dustland Fairytale. Brandon sounds great and seemed to really enjoy the set. He was especially happy when the metallic confetti was released.

So, 6 and a half hours of mostly good music. Thank goodness for earplugs and caffeine. This was far and away the best KROQ show I've attended.

Have The Killers played at every Almost Acoustic Christmas since releasing their first album? Sure seems like it. :wink:

KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas. So glad I snagged a ticket for this. It was well worth the $90.

Imagine Dragons. I've heard the album and thought they were nice enough however live, they were much better. The extra percussion makes their music heavier live than on record which I really liked.
Alex Clare followed and was a big ball of meh. Just a generic pop-rock act where every song sounds alike. He also did a cover of "When Doves Cry" in that style.

Of Monsters and Men were very good despite sound issues their entire set. There was some wonky radio traffic over the PA. They took it in stride and the crowd really loved it.

Grouplove played a solid set. It was the 4th time I'd seen them this year, so it was a little stale for me. Thought they had better energy than 2 weeks ago opening for No Doubt.

After them was Passion Pit. I'd heard very mixed reviews on them live. However, I enjoyed it. I understand where Michael's vocals can be polarizing, but I loved them. They too had some minor sound issues, but by the end they seemed to have been fixed.

Neon Trees. Yeah. The best part of the set was when the lead singer let it slip there was a surprise guest later. Oh and I liked the leather jacket he had on at the beginning. Otherwise, still not a fan. And sorry Mofo, they didn't let me bring in a musket to take care of them.

M83 were on next. And holy shit they were incredible. Up until last night, I'd missed every chance I'd had to see them, which was frustrating, so they were one of the big reasons I picked up a ticket for this. The soundscapes they create live are stunning. That combined with their celestial themed visuals made their set entrancing. I really need to see them at their own show with a crowd that knows more than just Midnight City (which I love, but still).

.fun followed M83 and as always put on a good show. The expected sing alongs for We are Young and Some Nights were great. I also really love Carry On live.

Surprise Guest! No Doubt: I've loved them since I was in college, and they still put on a hell of a good live show. Gwen, who has the best abs I've ever seen, is still as energetic as ever. The crowd went ballistic as expected and they tore through 8 songs in a short amount of time.

Jack White: In typical Jack fashion he started playing before they introduced him with the stage not having turned yet. He played with the all male band and just torched every song he played. It was an unusual setlist for a radio show, as he played Top Yourself and I Cut Like a Buffalo and only 2 songs off of Blunderbuss. Still it was a great set, better than the one I saw at Outside Lands.

The Killers played for an hour and were very, very good. Setlist was hits, plus two tracks from Battle Born. Opened with Mr. Brightside. Thankfully, for me, they didn't play Dustland Fairytale. Brandon sounds great and seemed to really enjoy the set. He was especially happy when the metallic confetti was released.

So, 6 and a half hours of mostly good music. Thank goodness for earplugs and caffeine. This was far and away the best KROQ show I've attended.

Nice, glad you enjoyed it. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom