Random Music Thread LXXII: National Lampoon's Bogan Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why I, specifically, find Motorhead so appealing. Doesn't seem like my thing, but three studio albums + No Sleep Til Hammersmith and I'm sold. Great band. Lemmy sounds like he got his face punched in before every session and took the edge off with a bottle of Jack.

It was a huge success.. watching all these young people gradually come out of their shells and talk about their passions was mesmerising. It was almost more rewarding, if anything, having a leadership role.

That's good to hear, I'm happy for you. Sounds like a great endeavor.

Zaireeka is a really interesting album. I'm listening to a mixdown of it right now. It vaguely reminds me of Embryonic in that the songs are pretty out there for the most part. The production and instrumentation, though, are more reminiscent of The Soft Bulletin. I don't know if I find it to necessarily be a good album or one that I'll return to very often, but it's most definitely an interesting album.

Draw a Santa hat on crappy U2 pictures, vol. 2

This is an actual thread.

On this forum.

There's a store in the city here called ghettofabulous II, and what I find most ridiculous is that the name sort of means there's. ghettofabulous I out there somewhere. That thread is kind of like that. Yikes.

swoop.gif

Giving In Ghost Colours a listen after not having listened to it in months. Man does this album ever sound great on headphones!

It really was a shame that their followup to that record was such a letdown, though. :(

Yeah. I gave it multiple tries, too. To the point where I no longer even have it on my iPod and would have to really go out of my way to hear it. I'm hoping the next album, whenever that may come out, is better.

I don't really remember it very well. I think I remember I liked Alisa, if that's a title of one of the songs. But compared to In Ghost Colours, Zonoscope was a bit forgettable.

That strikes me as a curious thing to say, because to me Zonoscope sounds like a clear sequel to Ghost Colours. The sound hasn't really changed at all, and the hooks are still all over the place. On top of that, Sun God is my favorite thing they have ever done.

Yeah, I remember there being a long song at the end that I didn't care for at all. Turns out it's Sun God. Zonoscope, to me, sounds more like a clear sequel to Bright Like Neon Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom