Random Music Thread LXIV: Fun Times Ahead In Another Random Cobbler Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it, you get this one again

Hey, thread, do you want to see a gif-related history of my years on interference? Some gifs might mean something to you, some might not....just let me know, and I'll post them.....one by one.

Do you guys remember that thread where we posted pictures representing Radiohead song lyrics and everyone else had to guess the song? That was a great thread.

I've come around to listening to my local "alternative rock" station again. They brought back my favorite DJ and re-instituted him as program manager and he brought back some of my favorite features of the station. So I'll listen to them in the car, but if they're playing something I don't like, then I will pop in a CD or my iPod instead. They pronounced Gotye "Got-ee-yay" this afternoon and I cringed a little, though.

Listen to 90.9.

What I really like, and I have a setting for this on my car radio, is the Navajo Nation radio station. They play modern country, and ABC news at the hour, but the announcing is in Navajo, and many of the ads are, too. BUT, in the morning and evening, and key hours of the day, they have Navajo music to mark those times. It is so freakin' cool.

That is cool. I need to spend more time on the rez. Have only been twice, and both of those times were more or less just driving through.

GAH! I don't check their site for a couple weeks and the album gets a date, a pre-sale, a lead single and all kinds of other shit!

Song Premiere: Blaqk Audio, 'Faith Healer' | Music News | Rolling Stone

Lead single is included in that link, release date September 11th :hyper:

Quoting so I remember to look at this link tomorrow.

Man, both of the songs they've put out from the new album are beautiful.

Agreed! The radio (aforementioned 90.9) was playing Two Weeks a day or two ago, and I was thinking to myself how I'm probably more excited for that album than anything else I can think of at this point. My expectations are ridiculously high, but I have a feeling they'll meet them.

93.1 wxrt is a beast of a station. They play their share of lifeless, conservative "indie" soup, but I've discovered some great, weird shit through them, like Material Issue. Plus, they support Beach House and M83. I value that, the way things are today.

Do you guys remember that thread where we posted pictures representing Radiohead song lyrics and everyone else had to guess the song? That was a great thread.

We did a thread like that with U2 songs as well. Twas fun.

I can't imagine a higher financial priority than getting a new car stereo.

Springsteen, Peter Gabriel and my honeymoon beg to differ.

Quoting so I remember to look at this link tomorrow.

I knew there was another fan on the board, but I couldn't remember who it was.

NSW, PLEASE please please post gifs.

My favorite radio station I have ever come across was the all 90s station in Memphis. Thatstation was insane.
which one is that? it's been so long since i've listened to fm radio (even the rental car i recently drove to atlanta had an ipod hookup) that i can't think of any stations here that only do 90s.

oh, and i completely forgot i ever made a thread. i think it was more of a case of it'd been hours after it reached 1000 posts and i didn't want the thread to just get locked without a new thread made before i went to bed or something. but i can never think of anything funny anyway so there's that. mine would be like "rmt #whatever: hey guys look, new thread!" :doh:

which one is that? it's been so long since i've listened to fm radio (even the rental car i recently drove to atlanta had an ipod hookup) that i can't think of any stations here that only do 90s.

I don't remember now, but Travis and I listened to it non-stop when we visited you a couple years ago.

I haven't listened to radio in ages. I wouldn't know what stations to listen here in LA, and I've lived here like 12 years. I really do need to upgrade my car radio, though, so it can at least talk to my iPod. Right now, it's just a shitload of mixed or not mixed CD's, none of which are labeled so I can always be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom