Random Music Thread LXII: Which we did not let Cobbler title.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Off to Ocean Shores today, on the coast (duh). Spending two nights there, renting a condo on the beach (well, as close to the beach as you can get - there's dunes between you and the actual beach). There's not much to do in Ocean Shores, but I'm just going to spend two days chilling by the ocean. It's still a novelty for this midwest gal.

There's an Irish pub there that makes a mean Guiness stew, or at least there used to be. Wishing you good weather. :wave:

No popping going on now. I hadn't heard The Model with Seu Jorge before, so that was nice.

:up:

Is your degree in classics or history? From which university? I'm a classicist and teach Latin and Greek now. And I'm the kind of dork who went to my best friend's house last night so we could sit and eat pizza while translating Propertius 4.11. :nerd:

NSW! :wave:

How about that! I am in history, though I have had a lot of Greek and Latin as well. Got to love that Propertius.

iron yuppie said:
Random personal stuff:

* SPOILER *

Also, welcome back NSW.

At the museum? I was going to try to go there on my day trip a couple years ago, but I couldn't bear to leave Pompeii. next time I will make it there.

HeartlandGirl said:
:up:

Is your degree in classics or history? From which university? I'm a classicist and teach Latin and Greek now. And I'm the kind of dork who went to my best friend's house last night so we could sit and eat pizza while translating Propertius 4.11. :nerd:

NSW! :wave:

Holy crap, there are other Classics people here? I was an undergrad Classics major. There were only 3 in my class in college. I need to work on my Latin again as I haven't done any reading in a couple years.

martha said:
Yeah, but these posts weren't about sports.

* SPOILER *

You mean there's more to this place than b&c?

I don't believe it.

Oh, and, by the way, I'm pretty taken with Twin Shadow.

Gets an enthusiastic :up: from me.

How about that! I am in history, though I have had a lot of Greek and Latin as well. Got to love that Propertius.

He's a little like the Kanye West of Latin poetry. Everything he does it just a bit over the top, but you can't help but love him. Who's your favorite ancient author? I'm an Ovid girl myself.

Holy crap, there are other Classics people here? I was an undergrad Classics major. There were only 3 in my class in college. I need to work on my Latin again as I haven't done any reading in a couple years.

Sweet! I have my bachelor's and master's in Classics. Latin is the love of my life. :heart:

At the museum? I was going to try to go there on my day trip a couple years ago, but I couldn't bear to leave Pompeii. next time I will make it there.

At the National Archaeological Museum.

Who's your favorite ancient author? I'm an Ovid girl myself.

That's a really difficult question. Ovid would be near the top; I had a class exclusively devoted to the Heroides that was really enjoyable. I'm also fond of Homer, Suetonius, and Apuleius.

I probably will be singing another tune if I heard it again, but you guys had me so prepared for ear rape, I guess it just helped it out a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom