Random Music Thread CXIII: Cause Diemen said so

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that Axl had strep throat but still decided to play the Bridge School Benefit for charity that year. So his shot voice is forgivable.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My mom had a Neil Diamond album I kind of liked (I Am ... I Said) was on it.

I was exposed to a lot of Neil Diamond as a kid. My mother would play the live album (Hot August Night if I recall) constantly. Also a lot of Tom Jones and Roy Orbison. My father was into straight forward 50's/ early 60's type stuff like Elvis, Temptations, The 4 Seasons and such.

My mom actually started to like Springsteen after seeing him play with Roy Orbison on the "Black and White Night" special he did. Though she didn't know much of his catalog. She also always liked "Love Her Madly" by The Doors and when I got to be a teenager and got into The Doors, it was one of my least favorite things by them. (She also preferred the Trini Lopez version of "Light My Fire" to the original, sheer blasphemy)

The worst thing I had to endure however was every year at this time my Mom would play the Salsoul Christmas Jollies album ad nauseum. A disco type Christmas album:

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Jollies-Salsoul-Orchestra/dp/B000001H69

She's probably listening to it right now driving Beelzebub out of his mind.

I read that Axl had strep throat but still decided to play the Bridge School Benefit for charity that year. So his shot voice is forgivable.

If every single North American audience can convince Axl that their show is for charity, the reunion tour will go smoothly.

If every single North American audience can convince Axl that their show is for charity, the reunion tour will go smoothly.

Holy shit, I didn't know it was actually happening until I googled it after seeing this post.

Odds on somebody walking out before the tour is over?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

lostboyssaxophoneplayer.gif

I was actually talking about this song:

It wasn't one of the big songs from it, but when I'd listen to that soundtrack, I used to think this was one of the GREATEST MOST IMPORTANT SONGS EVER WRITTEN

Couldn't help myself. Saw one of those stupid clickbait articles titled, "30 celebrities you didn't know were dead. #17 will shock you" and had to read it.

Now...I find it hard to believe that there are a lot of celebrities on such a list that I would be unaware of having passed, and true to that, for the first 16 entries, the most "shocking" was Natalie Wood, who I only found out about her passing about a month ago. Cause...she's not exactly ever been in my radar. But other entries were people like Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, River Phoenix, Heath Ledger etc.

So I was just dying to know at that point who #17 was.

Brace yourselves, people. This may come as a shock.

John Belushi

Natalie Wood's death was surrounded by mystery from what I recall. Didn't she fall off a boat or something and some actors were suspected of killing her or not being forthcoming about it? I

One thing about being famous is if you live into your late nineties, everyone will think you died years ago, when you die.

Eg. Pete Seeger.

Couldn't help myself. Saw one of those stupid clickbait articles titled, "30 celebrities you didn't know were dead. #17 will shock you" and had to read it.

Now...I find it hard to believe that there are a lot of celebrities on such a list that I would be unaware of having passed, and true to that, for the first 16 entries, the most "shocking" was Natalie Wood, who I only found out about her passing about a month ago. Cause...she's not exactly ever been in my radar. But other entries were people like Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, River Phoenix, Heath Ledger etc.

So I was just dying to know at that point who #17 was.

Brace yourselves, people. This may come as a shock.

John Belushi
I read that same stupid article a couple weeks ago, because of the "shock" bit. Having visited Belushi's grave while on Martha's Vineyard nearly 2 decades ago, suffice it to say I was not shocked.

That article cracked me up. It was basically a clickhole article, but completely serious. Some of the last few were Biggie, Marilyn Monroe and Chris Farley :lmao:

Seriously, I knew nothing about this until Maureen O'Hara passed away, what, last month? And I was reading about how devastated by Wood's death she was. So then I started reading more into that, and I just felt sick to my stomach, because she was so very obviously murdered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom