Random Music Thread CXIII: Cause Diemen said so

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the camp that loves them. One of my favorite new bands of the last ten years. All three albums are brilliant. Doesn't sound like this will mess with their sound much, though, because he says he's still working with them.

Sounds like he might be working with them in almost the exact same capacity as far as recording, it's just he won't be in the band as far as a "title" and he won't be touring with them.

The latter is probably the big thing. He's got too much other shit going on to go on months long tours with them. But he's basically still a part of the songwriting.

The two Shudder to Think songs on Velvet Goldmine are better than anything by the two supergroups assembled.
no one replied to this so i'm gonna resurrect it. definitely agree on this. i do prefer the version of the ballad of maxwell demon that's in the film (with jrm doing vocals instead, i think it fit better) but those two original songs are great.

Dear 80s Alternative Station on Pandora,

There are more bands than Duran Duran and Depeche Mode.

Kthxbai,

Ashley
sorry, i'll play more variety from now on.

I saw the new Megadeth on spotify and thought WHYYYYY WHYYYYY NOOOOOO WHYYYYYY.

I can't figure out why I don't like Simple Minds' albums. They're singles are among my favorite songs ever written. Their sound is so clearly up my alley. I have listened to New Gold Dream like 5 times now thinking it'll finally click with me, but every time it's just like, "this is nice, but nothing beyond the singles stick out."

Not even Once Upon a Time?
That's an album basically loaded with singles, and a short concise listen.

I recently acquired a few Simple Minds albums and haven't had much success getting into them aside from a few scattered tracks. Nothing offensive, just nothing that's really grabbing me. It's odd to think they were contemporaries of/competitors with U2 when they sound considerably more dated now.

They remind me of James in a way, a band who seemed really fresh in the 90s but I imagine won't sound very special now to younger ears.

Even though my taxes are pretty much the same every year, I always get nervous when my W2 comes in that I haven't withheld enough and I'm going to end up owing a shit ton of money.

So I went through my mini panic attack last night, downloaded Turbotax, and started plugging in numbers. I haven't even put in my deductions yet and I'm due for a refund, so I'm feeling much better today.

Time to go buy something. :D

Taxes suck when you're self-employed. :grumpy:

Last year I ended up owing a bunch, this year I might get lucky and break even.

And on that cheery note, time for a new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom