Random Music Thread CXIII: Cause Diemen said so

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening to Burial for the first time in a while, more specifically to Rival Dealer. It would be awesome if he did another Christmas release. It's been two years.

It's not unusual.

b7fbc5db79055d7ea3fa6382acabe953.jpg

Re: Grimes. I'm with the people saying she has a few great songs each album while they're not great albums, though I do think this album is more consistent than her previous ones. Still, I mostly return to the few best ones I like: Flesh without Blood, Kill v. Maim, Realiti, and World Princess. I was driving around today listening to those and really solidifying how much I enjoy them.

By the way, doing the next year's concert calendar reminded me to tell Laz that only two of my Philly shows got canceled this year! Things are really looking up.

How bad is the top three of Pitchfork's best songs? The worst song off the Jamie xx record, a decent but unspectacular single if you ignore the videoclip and one of the worst songs off To Pimp A Butterfly. Imagine those songs really being the best three released in 2015. I'd give up on new music I think.

I really liked Carrie Brownstein's book. Makes me wish I liked Sleater Kinney more.

And when I say "more," I mean "at all."

How bad is the top three of Pitchfork's best songs? The worst song off the Jamie xx record, a decent but unspectacular single if you ignore the videoclip and one of the worst songs off To Pimp A Butterfly. Imagine those songs really being the best three released in 2015. I'd give up on new music I think.

Yeah. I think you're being way too harsh on Alright (and also it took on a deeper meaning this year) but fuck the other two choices. Hotline Bling isn't even a good song, it was just an enduring meme. And Good Times annoys the hell out of me. Easily the worst song on In Colour, glad we're in agreeance there. It doesn't even fit on the album.

@iYup, Re: that Train Christmas album, I heard a song from it at the T-Mobile store tonight. Joy to the World. It was terribly annoying and pointless...until they started snippeting Calling All Angels out of nowhere. Then it reached a new level of cringe.

I nearly left but I had been waiting an hour at that point, so I dealt with it.

I think the idea was that Train was Calling All Angels to celebrate the birth of Christ, but I always had the impression that there were plenty of angels around to witness that without Pat Monahan summoning them.

Last edited:
Is it bad of me that I like Sleater-Kinney but the more I pay attention to their actual politics the more they irritate me? Something Corin Tucker came out with a while back in re. Hillary Clinton just stuck in my ass sideways. A neo con, a warmonger, a blue dog Democrat... but she's a woman, so yay progress?

Probably like Carrie more, on the whole. Portlandia was great in its early seasons.

I will start that in the next day or two. Just finished Man in the High Castle, and got Netflix working again on my Roku. Whoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom