Random Music Thread CXIII: Cause Diemen said so

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received Chelsea Wolfe's most recent album for XXXmas, and will likely buy a few next week with gift cardz.

I bought myself a tofurkey roast and cooked it and drank a bottle of wine on Christmas Eve and pretty much just fell asleep after that.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I can't drink like I used to, which is how I drank 3 months ago. On the plus side, I managed to lose 46 lbs in 11 months, and I could have done it sooner, but mid year I let my weekend drinking and eating habits get the best of me. September is when I decided to just go all out health wise.

Other than discovering The Beatles streaming, the new songs from LCD Soundsystem and Radiohead, my Christmas this year wasn't very musical.

I listened to The White Album yesterday to celebrate the Beatles being on Google Music. I don't know any other double album that flies past like that one. It's now easily my favorite Beatles record.

Sad to hear Stevie Wright, of The Easybeats, passed away today.

They were a super good Aussie band in the 60s of course but this is my favourite thing he did, might not be familiar to non-Aussies...?

I'm listening to Elvis Presley's debut album from 1956 right now, which turns 50 years old this coming March. 8 years later a group of mop tops would change rock and roll, again. Crazy to think of how music evolved in such a short time back then and how culture did as well.

My contrarian / Negative Nancy opinion(s) of the day:
The LCD Soundsystem and Radiohead tracks released on Christmas are forgettable throwaways. The Radiohead track in particular does nothing to dissuade me from the sinking suspicion that Radiohead are past their prime.

Last edited:
Radiohead are past their prime, but I still expect that new album to be quality. Been a long, long time since they've turned in a bad album.

That shit hurts. I've been a Motorhead fan for quite a while. Big influence on Jack Nicholson Party too.

I had a chance to see them a while ago but Lemmy cancelled due to illness and apparently that was becoming increasingly common. The writing was on the wall I guess.

Last edited:
Reading a little about Dinosaur Jr, I came across the band Sebadoh - from the description of their albums it sounds like they could be alternately fantastic or dreadful.

You know I'm born to lose
And gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it babe
I don't want to live forever

:rockon: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom