Random Music Thread CXIII: Cause Diemen said so

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do my family insist on playing Christmas carols. Few "genres", so to speak, are more worthless. I'd almost prefer to listen to crunkcore. Almost.

But at least the true meaning of Christmas, the Boxing Day Test match, is just one sleep away.

Yesterday the forecast said we might get 1-2 inches of snow. Woke up this morning to 4 on the ground and plenty more falling. Had about 9 by the time it tapered off after lunch. Fun to see the assorted kids having a blast out in the yard.

Merry holichristmahanukkah!

Yesterday the forecast said we might get 1-2 inches of snow. Woke up this morning to 4 on the ground and plenty more falling. Had about 9 by the time it tapered off after lunch. Fun to see the assorted kids having a blast out in the yard.

Merry holichristmahanukkah!
That's crazy. This is the first Christmas I've experienced in quite some time that wasn't white.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You should all get out your barbecues, buy cricket gear, and have yourselves a traditional Australian Christmas.

It wasn't cold here last year around this time of year either. I finally raked my leaves the week after Christmas in tshirt and shorts. :shrug:

It's a rainy Christmas over here but who cares when there's loads of wine and food?

Merry Christmas y'all.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

I like Christmas very much and this has been a particularly enjoyable one so far.

Didn't bother much with Christmas music though, outside of the usual Charlie Brown Christmas/Christmas Gift to You from Philles Records duo. I listen to those exactly one time per year and savor those traditional listens.

Last edited:
It's pouring down rain in Seattle, and dumping buckets of snow in the mountains, which is awesome after a total bust last year, snow-wise. Good news for the ski resorts, bad news for all the poor people trying to drive to eastern WA for Christmas and being stuck on the closed passes. (One of my worst nightmares, seriously. I avoid the passes like the plague in the winter.)

Merry Christmas, all!

Have a safe and merry holiday everyone! Love to still be talking to so many of you after all these years.

Now I'm gonna go fly my X-Wing.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Pretty cool to get new tracks from Radiohead and LCD Soundsystem for Christmas.

The Green Day Christmas song is kind of meh.

Mimosas for breakfast and red wine with lunch. I should be more lit up than the Christmas tree by dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's so warm here in New York today that I manage to jog in the park with shorts and t-shirt. Great weather, but pretty scary too.

Sweet. Fly it over here (I'm sure it has a 3,000 mile range) and it can pick up BB-8.

Now that those app BB-8s are back in Stock, I'm finding it hard to resist picking it up.

But there's only room for one Droid on this X-Wing.

Attachments

• 1451084066256.jpg
    1451084066256.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 9
Happy holidays, everyone. I hope you had some new albums (or money for new albums) as presents this year!

Merry Christmas, all. I had a pretty sweet day. My lovely girlfriend got me a Nintendo 3DS and Pokemon Y, which I knew was coming but didn't make any less awesome. Pusheen calendar. Got a funny selfie with my cat. Fucking great new LCD song. Big lunch which I for once ate a lot of. I made deliberately unfunny jokes and lifted the family mood by reading the bon-bon jokes. Drinking. Playing board games outside in the sun. Fucking great new Radiohead song. Good thymes had by all.

I bought my dad an old Lettermen live album on vinyl and transferred it to CD for him.

The new LCD song inspired me to buy Introns online, which was the only album I didn't already have.

I did get some cash for Christmas, some of which I am sure will go toward music.

Happy holidays, everyone. I hope you had some new albums (or money for new albums) as presents this year!

My brother got me Art Angels on vinyl. And I used a gift card to pick up Julien Baker's album, which is incredibly raw and excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom