Random Music Thread - CXII Mofo, it's Halloween, Change your avatar plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My annual "I hate Halloween and all the spooky/scary/gory shit that has to go with it" post.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I'm not a big fan of gore for gore's sake, and unless you drop a giant spider on my head I'm not going to really be scared by much. But I do like the fall weather (the general weather anyway, not so much the crap shoot that New England is: either I'm still using the AC, or we're getting an ice storm, the potential for both is there). Hate raking leaves, but at least they look cool as fuck when they change colors. I'll listen to psychobilly & goth bands I don't usually listen to the rest of the year, drink some apple cider, watch Rocky Horror, and enjoy the Halloween events in my current favorite video game (which would be The Secret World, and Halloween events are a big deal there). It beats the fuck out of Christmas.

Halloween rocks. Cider, pumpkin spice flavored everything, horror movies and goth rock :up:

I like Halloween, too :). I share in IWB's sentiment about not being all that huge on gore, and we seem to share the same dislike of spiders.

But a good scary movie, seeing people in creative costumes, spooky ghost stories/haunted places, and the like? I love it. I've had an interest in that stuff ever since I was a kid.

And I too just love fall in general (and it's finally been feeling like fall here lately temperature-wise! Now if only it could stick...). Fall/winter are my favorite seasons.

I imagine if I pulled a LM/212er and moved out to LA, I would never know what time of year it was without seasons. Having lived in the northeast US all my life, I can't imagine that at all.

:wave: moonlit angel, haven't seen you around in a while. Not sure if that means you left and I should say welcome back, or if you've just been elsewhere on the boards. Since I only read RMT and the mma thread, the latter is entirely possible.

I don't do pumpkin spice shit. Unless it's pumpkin muffins at Dunkin, those are delicious cakes of diabetes.

Last edited:
I imagine if I pulled a LM/212er and moved out to LA, I would never know what time of year it was without seasons. Having lived in the northeast US all my life, I can't imagine that at all.

It's horrible. January-March is the only time I really like the weather here. Those months are a living hell anywhere else, so it wins by default.

Then again, I live in the valley. Maybe I would like Santa Monica more.

It's hot today. Everyone's whinging. Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of oppressive heat (not that today was) but I spent all winter whinging and I'll take days like today (33C odd) over 10C eight days a week.

But maybe I'm just in a good mood because of this haul I got today :love:

CQiDeHHUwAAWUZ4.jpg

10C is still not cold. It wasn't cold last random weather talk, it isn't cold now.

I'm afraid to convert and see what 33 degrees is in Fahrenheit.

Yeah, looking at a temperature converter, 10 C in Fahrenheit numbers is nothing. That's what the temperature was before I left for work this morning. That's light jacket weather in my neck of the woods.

Upper 80s F is about all the more I can stand heat wise. Once it gets to 90 and above, I'm not happy.

As for the pumpkin discussion, I don't think I've ever had anything pumpkin-flavored. Hm.

:wave: moonlit angel, haven't seen you around in a while. Not sure if that means you left and I should say welcome back, or if you've just been elsewhere on the boards. Since I only read RMT and the mma thread, the latter is entirely possible.

Hi :wave:! Thanks for the welcome back-yeah, just got caught up with other stuff (nothing serious or major, just general life getting in the way :p) and was away from the boards in general for a while. Trying to come in and catch up again, get back in the swing of things.

Also, cobl's photo reminds me that I'm kind of really out of the loop when it comes to newer, lesser-known music. For the most part, any new music I do know about is whatever top 40 stuff I hear at work or on the radio if I'm in the car with my sister. I need to get back more into the alternative side of things.

Halloween rocks. Cider, pumpkin spice flavored everything

zotdag0qak.jpg

It's horrible. January-March is the only time I really like the weather here. Those months are a living hell anywhere else, so it wins by default.

Then again, I live in the valley. Maybe I would like Santa Monica more.

The valley is well known to have considerably worse weather than the rest of the city. You don't even have to get that close to the ocean to see an improvement, just get over the hills.

I maintain that dogfishhead makes a good pumpkin beer. But I only had it once, and it was after enough other beers that my judgement of what's good is suspect at best.

I maintain that dogfishhead makes a good pumpkin beer. But I only had it once, and it was after enough other beers that my judgement of what's good is suspect at best.

The words "pumpkin" and "good" do not belong in the same sentence without some form of negation. Beer, pie, soup, whatever. Food of the devil. No wonder you Yanks use it for Halloween; it should inspire horror and dread.

:|

I still can't handle shit from the 90s being called "classic". And Cher should be called forgotten. But I guess I understand how people born in the 70s thought it was ridiculous when everyone was doing the "I love the 80s" nostalgia bullshit last decade...

Last edited:
The words "pumpkin" and "good" do not belong in the same sentence without some form of negation. Beer, pie, soup, whatever. Food of the devil. No wonder you Yanks use it for Halloween; it should inspire horror and dread.

Pie. /end thread

I've had some perfectly edible pumpkin beer, but it's like the brewery is working with one hand tied behind their back.

Pumpkin flavored things don't actually taste like pumpkin, they taste like an unholy amount of cinnamon and cloves.

Last edited:
I like fall and cute Halloween crap. It's the giant fake spiders on houses, the dead zombies on the front lawns, the monaters reaching out for me; that's the shit I can't take.

And we DO have seasons here; you just have to know what to look for. Although I readily admit to forgetting what month it is quite often.

Music: It's almost #Beetober. Next Thursday night. So freakin' excited.

The Sound of Music was wonderful! If the touring show comes to your town, you should go see it.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I like dressing up for Halloween parties - this year, I think I'm going as a charity collector from Greenpeace for the Halloween party I'll go to.

It's way fuckin' better than Christmas, anyway.

The new Protomartyr leaked/is streaming. It's very good.

:|

I still can't handle shit from the 90s being called "classic". And Cher should be called forgotten. But I guess I understand how people born in the 70s thought it was ridiculous when everyone was doing the "I love the 80s" nostalgia bullshit last decade...

I feel the same way about '90s stuff being called "classic", and the whole nostalgia thing. I'm still having a hard time with the fact that stuff like the Spice Girls or the Backstreet Boys is nearly twenty years old now. That's just bizarre.

There was also a moment a few years back when some teenage girl came into the store where I work with her mom, and she noticed that "Kurt Cobain Journals" thing, and said, "Who's Kurt Cobain?" So...yeah :slant:.

As for Cher, ehhhh, my mom really likes her, so I have a hard time knocking her :p.

To Pimp a Butterfly is classic. IWB's a snob ;)

Pumpkin is not great. I love pumpkin soup but that's about it. Unless you've roasted it into oblivion I'm not touching it.

I have never tried pumpkin soup, but I'm not opposed to the idea.

To Pimp a Butterfly will be a classic, but it isn't yet.

Can't stand the taste of pumpkin in anything. Just horrible. The only good pumpkin is a Smashing Pumpkin.

I bought a 26 lb pumpkin yesterday, wife will paint something on it and we'll put it outside till it rots then toss it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom