Random Music Thread - CXII Mofo, it's Halloween, Change your avatar plz. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:22 PM
Random Music Thread - CXII Mofo, it's Halloween, Change your avatar plz.

There.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:22 PM

My annual "I hate Halloween and all the spooky/scary/gory shit that has to go with it" post.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Old 10-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #3
45:33

Local Time: 05:22 AM
This is so good
Old 10-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
My annual "I hate Halloween and all the spooky/scary/gory shit that has to go with it" post.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
I'm not a big fan of gore for gore's sake, and unless you drop a giant spider on my head I'm not going to really be scared by much. But I do like the fall weather (the general weather anyway, not so much the crap shoot that New England is: either I'm still using the AC, or we're getting an ice storm, the potential for both is there). Hate raking leaves, but at least they look cool as fuck when they change colors. I'll listen to psychobilly & goth bands I don't usually listen to the rest of the year, drink some apple cider, watch Rocky Horror, and enjoy the Halloween events in my current favorite video game (which would be The Secret World, and Halloween events are a big deal there). It beats the fuck out of Christmas.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:02 AM   #5
The Male

Halloween rocks. Cider, pumpkin spice flavored everything, horror movies and goth rock
Old 10-05-2015, 12:27 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:22 PM
I like Halloween, too . I share in IWB's sentiment about not being all that huge on gore, and we seem to share the same dislike of spiders.

But a good scary movie, seeing people in creative costumes, spooky ghost stories/haunted places, and the like? I love it. I've had an interest in that stuff ever since I was a kid.

And I too just love fall in general (and it's finally been feeling like fall here lately temperature-wise! Now if only it could stick...). Fall/winter are my favorite seasons.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:49 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

I imagine if I pulled a LM/212er and moved out to LA, I would never know what time of year it was without seasons. Having lived in the northeast US all my life, I can't imagine that at all.

moonlit angel, haven't seen you around in a while. Not sure if that means you left and I should say welcome back, or if you've just been elsewhere on the boards. Since I only read RMT and the mma thread, the latter is entirely possible.

I don't do pumpkin spice shit. Unless it's pumpkin muffins at Dunkin, those are delicious cakes of diabetes.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:54 AM   #8
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
I imagine if I pulled a LM/212er and moved out to LA, I would never know what time of year it was without seasons. Having lived in the northeast US all my life, I can't imagine that at all.
It's horrible. January-March is the only time I really like the weather here. Those months are a living hell anywhere else, so it wins by default.

Then again, I live in the valley. Maybe I would like Santa Monica more.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:08 AM   #9
45:33

It's hot today. Everyone's whinging. Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of oppressive heat (not that today was) but I spent all winter whinging and I'll take days like today (33C odd) over 10C eight days a week.

But maybe I'm just in a good mood because of this haul I got today

Old 10-05-2015, 01:21 AM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

10C is still not cold. It wasn't cold last random weather talk, it isn't cold now.

I'm afraid to convert and see what 33 degrees is in Fahrenheit.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:43 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Yeah, looking at a temperature converter, 10 C in Fahrenheit numbers is nothing. That's what the temperature was before I left for work this morning. That's light jacket weather in my neck of the woods.

Upper 80s F is about all the more I can stand heat wise. Once it gets to 90 and above, I'm not happy.

As for the pumpkin discussion, I don't think I've ever had anything pumpkin-flavored. Hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
moonlit angel, haven't seen you around in a while. Not sure if that means you left and I should say welcome back, or if you've just been elsewhere on the boards. Since I only read RMT and the mma thread, the latter is entirely possible.
Hi ! Thanks for the welcome back-yeah, just got caught up with other stuff (nothing serious or major, just general life getting in the way ) and was away from the boards in general for a while. Trying to come in and catch up again, get back in the swing of things.

Also, cobl's photo reminds me that I'm kind of really out of the loop when it comes to newer, lesser-known music. For the most part, any new music I do know about is whatever top 40 stuff I hear at work or on the radio if I'm in the car with my sister. I need to get back more into the alternative side of things.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:30 AM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Halloween rocks. Cider, pumpkin spice flavored everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It's horrible. January-March is the only time I really like the weather here. Those months are a living hell anywhere else, so it wins by default.

Then again, I live in the valley. Maybe I would like Santa Monica more.

The valley is well known to have considerably worse weather than the rest of the city. You don't even have to get that close to the ocean to see an improvement, just get over the hills.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:49 AM   #13
Vocal parasite

Today's weather was fucking awful and I nearly died. Friggin' Cobbler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Mark this in your calendars, folks: I agree with laz.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-05-2015, 04:56 AM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier

I maintain that dogfishhead makes a good pumpkin beer. But I only had it once, and it was after enough other beers that my judgement of what's good is suspect at best.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:01 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

...okay, so Cher's "Believe" is playing on VH1 Classic right now.

That is really weirding me out.