Random Music Talk XXXVIII: robin-hood-brings-a-rainbow.gif

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a newer Lance's mom proposition, like 2009 or more recent, your aux hole will come free of charge.

Wow, I looked for "aux hole" on Google images, and came up with what I think might be Oasis kid in the middle of a KNIFE CRIME:

satanLink.jpg

Well done.

And I was just reminded of that Google thing where you can draw on webpages. That little trend lasted, what, a week here?

I can't even remember what the fucking thing was called.

Twas me. I saw JT writing and it scared the shit out of me at first but yeah, I guess it makes sense that the Goggles dimension would be available to anyone.

I erased his writing because he kept writing over me :lol:

Hey, music people. Are there any iPod car adapter thingies that let you plug the iPod into the cigarette lighter and play it through the radio, without there being a radio transmitter involved?

I was poking around online and it seems the only ones I can find are the ones that involve the radio transmission (I had one of those once, and it was very hit or miss, and so frustrating it made you want to hurl it down the highway), or one that comes with a shiny cassette tape to insert into your fancy tape player.

Someone asked me "why don't you get one of those adapters you plug into the cigarette lighter" for the rental car for Monctoning, but all I can find are the aforementioned wonders.

Am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

If so, do most cars these days (or even a few years old) come with an auxiliary plug for your auxiliary things? Maybe I should just buy one of those to play it in the car.

As a regular renter of cars, I can tell you your best strategy is to request a car with an iPod (auxiliary) jack*. But don't expect the person you talk to to know what you're talking about. They often think it's the same thing as the phone charger outlet (don't forget to take you phone charger for the car). **

Most cars on the rental lots are 2010s now and they generally have iPod jacks unless you get the economy/super cheapie car (don't do that). Sometimes they're hidden in weird places like the compartment between the seats. The Boston rental lots should be loaded with cars with iPod jacks.

That said, I sometimes take 2-3 emergency CDs.

I don't think what you're describing exists but I could be wrong. I hated that radio thing, too.

* Make sure you bring the right adaptor. It should look like a headphone jack on both ends.
** I speak from experience.

Crap, I think I have an economy car. I'll call and ask if the car has one, or if I can upgrade for a reasonable cost.

Thanks, Reggo. I'll pick up an auxie kind of thingie cable this week.

JT, I think it's more likely the car will have an aux hole (tee hee) than a cassette deck.

I have a 2007 Honda and the auxiliary jack is in the middle console between the driver and passenger seats. It's actually quite difficult to access, even if you're not driving. I keep the cable plugged in with the iPod end sitting in the cupholder so that I can just throw it on right when I get in the car.

Crap, I think I have an economy car. I'll call and ask if the car has one, or if I can upgrade for a reasonable cost.

It might have it - it just depends. Bigger markets like Boston have better cars all around. But in smaller cities recently (like, even Nashville) the economy car didn't even have friggin' CD player! So I upgraded.

Plus, you might be sleeping in that car - you'll want a decent-sized car.

Ash's last car had a cassette deck, so we did use that adapter thing. It was much more convenient than the radio transmitter shit we use now, but sounded kinda crappy.

My 2007 Accord doesn't have an aux hole. :( I could check where Peef mentioned, but the aux hole was a priority for me when I purchased the car and never found it. I settled because, shit, it's a great car.

Cool. I'll call tomorrow and see if I have any options, or if I'll need to pack some CDs. (Would rather not.)

Ash's last car had a cassette deck, so we did use that adapter thing. It was much more convenient than the radio transmitter shit we use now, but sounded kinda crappy.

Dude, the cassette adapter sounds 100x better than the radio transmitter. I have both (seriously, my car must've been the very last to get a cassette deck) and never use the radio thing because it blows

Dude, the cassette adapter sounds 100x better than the radio transmitter. I have both (seriously, my car must've been the very last to get a cassette deck) and never use the radio thing because it blows

Yeah, the cassette adapters are at least more dependable. Not aux hole quality, but good enough for me.

The radio thing is great out in the middle of fucking nowhere where opposing radio stations aren't an issue, but try it in a metropolitan area and it falls to pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom