Random Music Talk XXXVIII: robin-hood-brings-a-rainbow.gif

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just, for the record and all, I kind of hate Spotify. Like, it's nice, and I'm sure if I forked over the cash I wouldn't mind it much, but I can't even get through one damn album without three ads playing. Three LONG ads.

Well, it is free. To do that legally, they have to do something to make cash.

I saw Hoobastank as a kid*, and surprisingly that won't be on my list. It'll be more comprised of bands that are horrible live acts rather than bands that are just horrible. Passion Pit is both, but the performance was so tuneless and wonky that it stood on its own legs as a thing of abhorrence.

*It was one of those radio station mini-festivals, it was free, and I was 14. Give me a break.

Well, it is free. To do that legally, they have to do something to make cash.

Whether or not Grooveshark is legal is still up for debate, as far as I understand, but I am still working under the assumption that it is, and I don't have to deal with this. My big issue is that they have ads all over the place anyways, and they definitely don't need to play other band's music in the middle of the music I'm listening to. I'll stick to Grooveshark for now, since I pay for that already and don't need to pay for three music services.

Yeah, was just about to ask if we're making that distinction...

lists of bands who just played like ass, as opposed to bands you already disliked that you sat through anyway.

I haven't seen enough live acts to make a list of the worst I've seen. I didn't like The Fray, they were kind of boring, but I don't like The Fray anyway.

I can't think of who I'd call worst ever, but I probably was most disappointed by: Fleet Foxes and Passion Pit. Fleet Foxes may have been a perception thing as I was exhausted and couldn't see.

Yeah, mine would be:

Kings of Leon
MGMT
BB King
No Age (a couple weeks ago)

I had no negative opinions on any of them in advance. Kings of Leon were atrocious the two times I saw them open for U2, probably the worst live sound I'd ever heard. Saw MGMT open for Of Montreal about a year before they became popular, their set was so unbelievably all over the place, it almost seemed like a joke. BB King did a band introduction for about 15 minutes, played "You Are My Sunshine" for about 20 minutes, and sucked it up through 3 or 4 other songs before calling it a night. I saw No Age 3 or 4 years ago, and they were great then, but they were absolutely terrible a few weeks back.

Will this thread have an epic 62-page rainbow-filled encore like the last one?

And you were listening to horrible songs like "Montezuma."

Oh man, I didn't mind that song at all on the album, didn't know what everyone was complaining about. Then, live, I see a bass clarinet on the stage, and I'm like, "Oh fuck yeah." forgetting all about that part of the song, and when that person began raping that instrument on stage like that, I was so completely disgusted. He was a very talented musician too, far as I could tell, so that made it doubly disappointing.

You're talking about a different song. Anyways, I was surprised by how decent I thought the An Argument half was live.

You're talking about a different song. Anyways, I was surprised by how decent I thought the An Argument half was live.

Oh lol, sorry, not good on the track titles yet, and I knew he hated the song with the wailing, so I assumed that was the one.

It literally hurt my ears, but they were being blasted pretty loud in general. Also, I could be totally off the mark on this, but the speakers P4K were using appeared to be made of metal, and it SEEMED like everything was coming out a little tinnier as a result, but, again, that could've just been a perception thing.

OH oh right, yeah. That song.

I like that song. I like that album.

I was super excited to see them live, and was disappointed by them, which was what I was getting at. The two acts I've been most disappointed by, having been initially quite anxious/excited to see them live.

Yeah, sucks. They called me over for a few minutes and encouraged me to try again, though, the next time something comes up.

Did I mention I like to dance, guys?

tumblr_lh2pslD1J81qct9gx.gif

tumblr_lh2prr3tC21qct9gx.gif

tumblr_lh2q2hZkYY1qct9gx.gif

u2popmofo said:
No Age (a couple weeks ago)

This surprises me. All I heard was how horrid my choice was to see Wild Nothing over No Age at Pitchfork.

I think they suck, so I wouldn't have seen them unless their was no competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom