Random Music Talk XXXVIII: robin-hood-brings-a-rainbow.gif

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It kills me that it's in B&C but Jacko's memorial was in ZS. That about says it all. You could argue the same rationale used for moving the Jackson thread could be applied here.

For what it's worth, I get more out of one Amy Winehouse song than I do out of Jackson's entire catalog.

Wow, I looked for "aux hole" on Google images, and came up with what I think might be Oasis kid in the middle of a KNIFE CRIME:

satanLink.jpg

Why would someone do that to Link? Why?

Dude, the cassette adapter sounds 100x better than the radio transmitter. I have both (seriously, my car must've been the very last to get a cassette deck) and never use the radio thing because it blows

I fucking loved that cassette player. I bought so many damn cassettes for effing cheap too. As soon as I get a new car (Dear God, let that be soon), I'm likely as not going to go out of my way to get one with a cassette player.
I haven't seen that episode yet (pretty much, I watch the show when I see it on IFC or when a friend's watching it, so I've seen about 10-15 episodes, but none in order), but that reminds me, did anyone else like Let's Go To Prison? I found it fucking hilarious, myself.
Not as good as 1993, but still a lot of good shit in 1992:

Brian Eno, Nerve Net

:ohmy: You didn't cockify!

Just looking through the RYM list of top 100 albums from 92 alone, and there's some sick stuff that came out that year.

In other news (and coincidentally, I saw they got brought up), I listened to Electronic by Electronic yesterday, as well as Buckingham Nicks by Buckingham Nicks. Both are inessential, but IMO, very very good. It would be really sweet if the latter ever gets a release like they're hoping and they tour it together as they've said they'd like to.

It kills me that it's in B&C but Jacko's memorial was in ZS. That about says it all. You could argue the same rationale used for moving the Jackson thread could be applied here.

For what it's worth, I get more out of one Amy Winehouse song than I do out of Jackson's entire catalog.

Hear, hear!

I seem to only get sick once every few years, knock on wood, and I woke up this morning with a sore throat. I've slept all day, and now feel even worse. I better not have gotten the SARS. Friggin' Asia.

Bummer. EMA finally announces a show in town, but it's opening for CSS. Worth my trouble?

Sorry to hear you're feeling shitty, Scumbo.

We're doing a shift alignment at work, so we're supposed to use this drop-down list to rank the shifts we want. The only problem is, when you set a rank on one shift, all the numbers above that one change. So you have to go back and fix the others with each new ranking. It's driving me insane.

Just posted this in the upcoming concerts thread, but:

August 12 - The Decemberists

September 11 - The National (with Neko Case opening)

September 14 - Fleet Foxes

October 1 - Elbow

Not a bad stretch....

That is a nice stretch.....enjoy!
I figured you wouldn't be interested in "Fuck you for your fortunate stretch of concerts, and for probably being related to Hyman Roth, who was really boring," but if you insist...

Fuck you for your fortunate stretch of concerts, and for probably being related to Hyman Roth, who was really boring.

My National seats suck, actually. Not by choice, I went to buy them a tad late.....

I swear to god, if I see you or someone who looks as douchetastic as you, I will not hesitate, I will walk right up to you and smack the facial hair off of your hipster face.

October 1 - Elbow

Not a bad stretch....

That sounds like a shitton of fun. Wish I could join you for the Dec'ists.

October 1 - Elbow

Not a bad stretch....

I'll be in DC for work a couple of days before Elbow play there and am very tempted to extend my trip so I can see them. Trying to squeeze in music during a work trip often gets fucked up, though. Plus I really hate downgrading from the fancy hotel my employer pays for to the one I can afford. :grumpy:

Jeez, I didn't even think to ask. :der:

My confirmation says Hyundai something something (or similar), so I'm kind of guessing they'd tell me the same thing. Something "similar" might be what's available when I get to the counter.

I googled the car, and couldn't really find info, but it also doesn't say what year it is.

Budget was unable to confirm whether or not my car would have an iPod plug. Bah.

They usually don't/can't guarantee but they'll try to honor the request, in my experience. One time, though, they bent over backwards to get me an iPod jack and I was so happy until I was on the road and discovered the car didn't even have cruise control. What kind of car has an iPod jack but not cruise control? Without cruise control I may as well just call the cops and say "just give me speeding ticket and let's get it over with - now's a good time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom