Random Music Talk XXXVII: Powerhour cares more about Spotify than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again...why not Rise Above? Because they already played it on TV?

Yeah, not only have they already played it on TV, they've already played it on Letterman.

Different version of the song, yes, but still, it would be weird if both times the cast showed up on Letterman they sang a version of "Rise Above."

But why bring the guys in to play Stuck? Does Letterman need minstrels to combat insomnia?

I think they're just there to shoot the shit (and pimp Spiderman, I'm sure), and Stuck got played because it came up, or something. You know, because everyone loves to talk about Stuck In a Moment.

... said the person who has just read about the taping, hasn't seen it yet

Thanks for the infoz about Bonoz and Edgez, I had no clue they were on. I shall watch.

Do you have to spoil everything, Cori? Some of us are over here trying to live our lives to the fullest, but you feel the need to spoil that to?! I will cry myself to sleep tonight, I hope you feel good about yourself.

I have a Spotify invite if anyone wants it. I promise I won't Killify you in exchange.

Do you have to spoil everything, Cori? Some of us are over here trying to live our lives to the fullest, but you feel the need to spoil that to?! I will cry myself to sleep tonight, I hope you feel good about yourself.

Oh, but I do. :)

For the record, our last thread's total of 1063 wasn't quite Hall Of Fame material:

Lemonade Stand Archive - U2 Feedback (sorted by Reply Count)

We did make the Top 10, though.
do the threads made before the rule count? randoom has over 41k, testje had over 21k, and the original now playing thread over 15k. a couple others have gone well over the 1k limit too, but these are the most impressive.....imo.

Hey, anyone remember that Discotheque sounded different when it was first released before Pop came out? Does anyone have that version? Was that just the single version? I dont think it was
the version that leaked online in 96? i've never listened to the whole thing, but the opening bit sounds different. i only have the song on my ipod though. :depressed:

Oh, but I do. :)

Speaking of spoilers:

secret-mustang-spoiler.jpg

massive-spoiler.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!11!1!!

do the threads made before the rule count? randoom has over 41k, testje had over 21k, and the original now playing thread over 15k. a couple others have gone well over the 1k limit too, but these are the most impressive.....imo.

I don't even want to know how many posts I had in a few of those threads.

Most of these yahoos probably don't realize that a spoiler increases drag and slows the car down. The old Lamborghini Countach had a rear spoiler only because they needed the downforce to keep them from going airborne at high speed.

Are you trying to imply that sweet ass Mustang's spoiler's purpose isn't also to keep that thing on the ground and not flying in the heavens with Pegasus and other similar creatures of beauty and wonder?

I've got one of the single discs with the 'single mix' and its the exact same as the album version. I also seem to have lost the Garage Mix of Holy Joe somewhere along the line

I first heard the Garage mix only a year ago; can't say why for sure. I love both versions equally I think.

Re: Late Show clip

Does Bono's hair have unusual strength and vigah? Maybe it's the hair length, but the front of his hair doesn't look quite as thinned.

Does Bono's hair have unusual strength and vigah? Maybe it's the hair length, but the front of his hair doesn't look quite as thinned.

His hair was also rebuilt by German engineering. I don't care if half his hair is fake or not. Dude looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom