Random Music Talk XXXVII: Powerhour cares more about Spotify than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ashley, are you sure you care more about 80s music than me? :tongue:

The decade as a whole?

I think I could take your devotion on.
Psst, re Letterman

Stuck was a little impromptu thing, apparently. They were talking about songwriting, and Edge was all "oh hey, I just happen to have a guitar behind the couch thing, let's play it!" And then the Spidey cast does the Freak Like Me song later in the show.

Thanks for keeping me in the know, @U2!

I'm pretty excited they're the only guests. That should be some good watchin' right there.

Again...why not Rise Above? Because they already played it on TV?

But, yeah, I'm pretty bummed I won't get to see it.

I'm amazed you weren't fired, let alone getting a promotion instead.

When you ascend to certain white collar heights, typical HR rules no longer apply to you.

Hey, anyone else think that the conductor of the Harlem choir U2 sings with in Rattle & Hum was probably a huge asshole?

I'll have to watch again

Hey, anyone remember that Discotheque sounded different when it was first released before Pop came out? Does anyone have that version? Was that just the single version? I dont think it was

Ok, that was the version I was thinking as well.

Back to glaring at you :wink:

I'll probably stick with PP&M. I'm not that attached to it, though. I'm trying not to make this thing too much about the 60s (just considering the recipients) and I've already got a few on there but I guess classics are classics.

Again...why not Rise Above? Because they already played it on TV?

But, yeah, I'm pretty bummed I won't get to see it.

Oh, gotcha. I thought your comment was more in "what, no Spiderman songs?"

Maybe Reeve Carney wasn't available. But yeah, odd choice.

I'll have to watch again

Hey, anyone remember that Discotheque sounded different when it was first released before Pop came out? Does anyone have that version? Was that just the single version? I dont think it was

Are you talking the Hexidecimal mix on the best of?

Might've been the 12" single version. I dont have that one though, even on the single

Are you talking the Hexidecimal mix on the best of?

Nope, it was right when in came out on the radio. I remember taping it and listening to the shit out of it, then when the video came out, thinking the new one sounded weird because I was so used to the old one

How there was any sort of backlash against that song is beyond me. It was an awesome choice as a lead off single

How there was any sort of backlash against that song is beyond me. It was an awesome choice as a lead off single
All indications are that the video gave everyone the wrong impression about the album and turned people in the US off, because they thought U2 had gone disco. And since U2 bases their reactions solely off how well they sell in the US, they thought they fucked up.

All indications are that the video gave everyone the wrong impression about the album and turned people in the US off, because they thought U2 had gone disco. And since U2 bases their reactions solely off how well they sell in the US, they thought they fucked up.

Americans do not get satire, as a general rule.

Nope, it was right when in came out on the radio. I remember taping it and listening to the shit out of it, then when the video came out, thinking the new one sounded weird because I was so used to the old one

I have the 12" version on a CD single. The intro doesn't wash back and forth from channel to channel like the album version/video, so it hits a bit harder from the beginning. That may be what you are thinking of.

I believe that a "single mix" that differs from the 12" also exists. It might have been the radio promo version. In any case, what a great song.

I mentioned this to NSW, but I am (shockingly) not smiling in the U2 Fancam photo from Philadelphia, confirming everything everyone has said about me being a curmudgeon.

I believe that a "single mix" that differs from the 12" also exists. It might have been the radio promo version. In any case, what a great song.

I've got one of the single discs with the 'single mix' and its the exact same as the album version. I also seem to have lost the Garage Mix of Holy Joe somewhere along the line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom