Random Music Talk XXXVI: Not this time, Cobbler.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2popmofo said:
About 30 miles south of SLC is the world's largest open pit copper mine.

SPOILER that shit, man! You want to give NSW another cardiac?

scrooge-mcduck-make-it-rain.jpg

I was just listening to Passengers and thinking how underrated it is, even amongst U2 fanatics.

Interesting tidbit from the crew soundcheck in Philly:

Apparently they've been running through Breathe. :ohmy:

If you shout... said:
I don't like all of these acts, but go with Julianna Barwick, Woods, Cold Cave, and The Fresh & Onlys. Especially The Fresh & Onlys.

Thanks. That's just about the order I was going to go with myself, although it's good you were so adamant about The Fresh & Onlys. Now I want to hear an album of theirs.

Imperor said:
Sons, I forgot how good Sea Change is.

Always a good call. :up:

elevated_u2_fan said:
I'm a big fan of Beach Sequence, its simplicity appeals to me

Hey, you're a simple man.

I enjoy Boner's simple but pretty piano work on Beach Sequence.

Though it should be noted it's not the only time he's tickled the keys in a beach setting:

bono-hands-in-pants.jpg

I'll be really surprised if they make a change to swap that in this close to the end, but jeez, who knows with these guys.

If they

make it the opener again instead of EBTTRT, I'll actually be kind of disappointed. :lol: Throw it in where Magnificent used to be or something.

I did find it kind of sad they had the amount of songs played on the 360 tour as 52 displaying on the screen amongst the rest of the facts before the band came on...

Considering the amount of songs in their catalog, 52 seems pretty low but I have to keep reminding myself who we are talking about here...

U2gigs has it at 60, but I doubt U2 counted their cover of The Model and similar one-off material.

I guess they don't count the 8 songs that were only played once, u2gigs has the total at 60, identical to Vertigo.

In going to Pitchfork Fest this weekend, I've got a few sets of bands to pick between, and I haven't heard of any of them, save Woods.

Chrissy Murderbot (likely a Laz favorite) vs. Julianna Barwick
Woods vs. Sun Airway
Cold Cave vs. G-Side
Darkstar vs. The Fresh and Onlys

This seemed like a good indie sample so, FWIW, all of these bands are available on Spotify except for The Fresh and Onlys.

I did find it kind of sad they had the amount of songs played on the 360 tour as 52 displaying on the screen amongst the rest of the facts before the band came on...

Considering the amount of songs in their catalog, 52 seems pretty low but I have to keep reminding myself who we are talking about here...

I agree to an extent. Sure they have a vast back catalogue, but in terms of songs that they realistically could have played, I think 52 (or 60) is a decent number.

They're missing the entire POP album (their biggest blunder) and former warhorses like Bullet the Blue Sky and others that escape me. But other than those, I have no idea what else they could 'realistically' be playing.

BoMac said:
I agree to an extent. Sure they have a vast back catalogue, but in terms of songs that they realistically could have played, I think 52 (or 60) is a decent number.

They're missing the entire POP album (their biggest blunder) and former warhorses like Bullet the Blue Sky and others that escape me. But other than those, I have no idea what else they could 'realistically' be playing.

True but if they can play YBR and Zooropa, "realistically" is there anything they can't play?

I hope there's something in Big Girls Are Best that makes the song a 100% impossibility to ever perform live.

I see no reason for Pop to be slighted, especially when I see that giant metal claw, but hey, Pop is being remastered in 6 years. Maybe they'll throw acoustic SATS back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom