Random Music Talk XXXII: Celebrating Your Favorite Swooncore Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been a long time since I watched that shit for the first and only time, but a quick refresher tells me that Thax Douglas, if part 2/9 is to be believed, is not only morbidly obese and willfully grotesque, but also a pedophile.

The guy I'm seeing the U2 show with: "I want to get there early so we get inside that ring."

So that's settled. I'll be in the GA getting a good spot when U2 comes to Philly.

"Willfully grotesque" could very well be my favorite description of anything ever.

The guy I'm seeing the U2 show with: "I want to get there early so we get inside that ring."

So that's settled. I'll be in the GA getting a good spot when U2 comes to Philly.

Did you tell your friend you don't have to get there super early to get into the ring?

(Famous last words - now watch, Philly will have no space in the ring after 15 minutes of the doors being opened. Ha.)

"Cunting" is a word I've not encoutered before.

Is that the homeless dude who reads poems on the street in Chicago, discussed in here some months ago?

This is why I love the spot we have found.

It is in the inner circle, but there is so much room to dance around. Look at pictures from Seattle near the bridge. Everywhere else in the stadium - you see awful amount of humanity. Adjacent to the bridge in the inner circle - a smattering of people. It is right across from the Red Zone, and you end up hanging with the true douchebags (pseudo -VIPs: radio station stage tour winners and people who some how know someone who knows the guy that knows someone). and the street solicitors from One, Free Burma and Amnesty INTL. And they all go away eventually.

I'm still not really understanding this. Is there a separate entrance to get into the area you're talking about? Or a reason why it's magically empty?

Is that the homeless dude who reads poems on the street in Chicago, discussed in here some months ago?

Impossibly enough, the bastard has a home. Or had one while in Chicago. And is not, technically speaking, a bastard.

Here is my list of people on whose graves I'm going to urinate, should I outlive them:

1) Thax Douglas
2) LeBron James
3) Bill Belichik
4) Dwyane Wade
5) Chris Bosh
6) Pat Riley
7) Kobe Bryant
8) Laz
9) Diego Maradona
10) Kyle Farnsworthless

I'm still not really understanding this. Is there a separate entrance to get into the area you're talking about? Or a reason why it's magically empty?

I'm assuming either people didn't know there was all that space over there (they just had "get in front of the stage" as their goal), or figured that they couldn't see anything from that far over on the side.

Impossibly enough, the bastard has a home. Or had one while in Chicago. And is not, technically speaking, a bastard.

Here is my list of people on whose graves I'm going to urinate, should I outlive them:

1) Thax Douglas
2) LeBron James
3) Bill Belichik
4) Dwyane Wade
5) Chris Bosh
6) Pat Riley
7) Kobe Bryant
8) Laz
9) Diego Maradona
10) Kyle Farnsworthless

So are his poems shit? Looks like he's got quite the record on wikipedia. Or are you just repulsed by his looks, which would perfectly understandable.

I'm assuming either people didn't know there was all that space over there (they just had "get in front of the stage" as their goal), or figured that they couldn't see anything from that far over on the side.

It is the same entrance for the "inner circle" - but it is on the side of the stage. You can still see everyone in the band on stage and all of Bono's antics. You have the same view as side stage tickets or red zone....but you are in a not-so-crowded area of the inner circle.

you can see empty space in this picture here:

0604U2concert9e.jpg

They cut off the number of people in the inner circle at some point. They stamped our necks (reminder: do not wear a shirt with a white collar net time). At one point during Lenny, I decided to go for a walk and ended up finding Paul McG standing right by the entrance and talked to him briefly (two shows in a row for me).

Since we're on the subject, I've been meaning to do this since I saw the Dead Weather about a year ago. The whole thing isn't recorded since I couldn't comprehend what the fuck was going on for the first bit, but I got what I could. Bon appetit, Shout Man:

Thax_mp3 - DivShare

Also, I found this photo of Zoney after his encounter with Paul McCockne$$ in a flickr stream of photos from the show:

29ub9l.jpg

No need to add, Sicy.

10) Kyle Farnsworthless
I'm sure this is an athlete of some sort, but I know a guy here named Kyle Farnsworth upon whose grave I also would like to urinate. Be funny if it was the same obnoxious fat guy.

What would you have given for Andrew Bird's stupid spinning gramophones to go haywire and thwack him in the dome?

Back
Top Bottom