Random Music Talk XXXII: Celebrating Your Favorite Swooncore Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thing with GTA is to drive my car off of buildings if I can. Have to find a structure with a ramp up, or, get onto some elevated train tracks and drive off of those onto a roof, etc. Also, I like killing enough people so that a police helicopter has to get involved, and then hopefully I snipe all of the clowns in the copter. Forget which GTA version I did a lot of that shit in.

I have some anger repression going on, I suppose. :)

Wholesome family fun indeed. The closest thing there was to a 'family' GTA was The Simpsons - Hit & Run, it was essentially GTA in Springfield, and it was essentially awesome.

My thing with GTA is to drive my car off of buildings if I can. Have to find a structure with a ramp up, or, get onto some elevated train tracks and drive off of those onto a roof, etc. Also, I like killing enough people so that a police helicopter has to get involved, and then hopefully I snipe all of the clowns in the copter. Forget which GTA version I did a lot of that shit in.

I have some anger repression going on, I suppose. :)

I used to love fucking the car up to the point where the black smoke was coming out and then drive it off of some sort of ramp, bailing in mid-air and then letting it explode when it hit the ground.

Uh...yeah...that.

That's awesome.

I know GTA games get a lot of flak from certain gamers, but, fuck that, there's a place in my library for that level of wide open mayhem. Plus the bank robbery in the last GTA was sublime.

It's not something I would usually play, that's for sure, but every once in a while, when I feel mayhem would be pleasant, it's nice to have around. I just beat God of War II in three days, I needed something that didn't require a lot of thought.

It's not something I would usually play, that's for sure, but every once in a while, when I feel mayhem would be pleasant, it's nice to have around. I just beat God of War II in three days, I needed something that didn't require a lot of thought.

Yeah, GTA is not something I'd want to OD on...but in-beween other games, it's perfect.

Congrats on beating God of War II so quickly.

I am both proud and ashamed, but it seems to be, if I'm actually going to beat a video game, I have to do so in a crazy short period of time.

My character cackled.

Ray Liotta

Vice City is still far and away my favorite game in the GTA series. I wonder how much time I just spent driving around because I didn't want to get out of the car until a song had finished.

Just like real life...

Ray Liotta

Vice City is still far and away my favorite game in the GTA series. I wonder how much time I just spent driving around because I didn't want to get out of the car until a song had finished.

Just like real life...

I didn't realize :ohmy:

Yep, already found myself doing that. Ironically enough, once it was for this song:

That game reminded me of how much I love "Crockett's Theme" from Miami Vice.

I never knew what this song was, but I know that I've heard it a few times before and that I love it dearly. I have never seen a single moment (as far as I'm aware) of Miami Vice, however.

I have good memories of blasting Toto while driving down a sidewalk and watching pedestrians fly over the roof of my car.

Just like real life...

The time-travelling DeLorean mod on the PC version of Vice City ruled.

The Jayhawks will release a new album in September! And it will be by the same lineup that made Tomorrow The Green Grass.
Exclusive: The Jayhawks Preview New LP: 'Mockingbird Time' Hits Stores This Fall | Rolling Stone New and Hot Videos

:hyper:

[/music]

Holy shit! Been waiting for that news for like 15 years.

Folks, if you like any kind of roots music with great harmonies and a great lead guitar player, and have never heard Hollywood Town Hall, do so immediately. It's one for the ages.

Shit GTA is one of the very few non-64 games I've thoroughly enjoyed. So much fun driving around killing people. I didn't even do the missions really.

Also :hi5: for not wanting to get out of the car till a song finishes, scumbo. I will actually circle my block a few times until it does, or sit in the driveway.

Also :hi5: for not wanting to get out of the car till a song finishes, scumbo. I will actually circle my block a few times until it does, or sit in the driveway.

The worst is when you've been sitting in a parking lot or your drive way for 3 or 4 minutes, and then another great song comes on right after the one you were waiting to end.

u2popmofo said:
The worst is when you've been sitting in a parking lot or your drive way for 3 or 4 minutes, and then another great song comes on right after the one you were waiting to end.

I got home from uni once and ended up just sitting in the driveway for like 10 minutes. Eventually I just started the car and kept driving until shuffle failed me.

u2popmofo said:
I have good memories of blasting Toto while driving down a sidewalk and watching pedestrians fly over the roof of my car.

* SPOILER *

I found it strangely soothing knocking over streetlights, causing pile-ups, and of course running over pedestrians while jamming to "Video Killed the Radio Star".

I got home from uni once and ended up just sitting in the driveway for like 10 minutes. Eventually I just started the car and kept driving until shuffle failed me.

One of my friends told me he fell asleep in his car in the driveway one night because he was listening to an album and kept telling himself he'd go in after the next song.

Laz doesn't listen to full albums. He just puts on a mocking facial expression as they drown in the dock behind him.

Shouter, I'm listening to Here Comes the Summer by Fiery Furnaces. Forgot how ridiculously good EP was.

Back
Top Bottom