Random Music Talk XXX: Bow Chicka Wow Wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Michael Nesmith wrote it.

My mother is a HUGE Monkees fan.

They were a major influence on the Beatles.

:laugh: never gets old.

I have a story about the Monkees that's pretty funny, but I'm afraid of giving Laz and the rest of you jokers any more ammo to tease me with.

And Michael Nesmith wrote it.

My mother is a HUGE Monkees fan.

I%27m+Mrs.+Nesbitt!.png

Not the same name, but what I thought of immediately.

Your mama has good taste.

Ha! That's exactly what I was going to say.

I totally fell in love with the Monkees when they were having their big resurgence, and MTV was playing the TV show. I was in junior high. My mom took me to see them at the Wisconsin state fair, and it was my first concert. :heart:

I have a two-disc Monkees Anthology that I totally love. (Well, until Monkees started leaving the group, and then all the songs sucked.)

I was at the reunion concert in 1986 at the Greek. I was a year and a half old, maybe? And, well... ah, hell.
I can't believe I'm admitting this in front of you guys, but, I was sitting on my dad's shoulders, arms outstretched, shouting "My Pee-Pee! My Pee-Pee!" because at 18 months, I was a fangirl for Peter Tork.

:eek:

That's when I saw them, too - 1986. I was 12 or 13. Don't remember what month it was in. I still have the tour program! But not the shirt.

Definitely agreed, and having only heard that on CD before, I was missing out on WATCHING him preform, which was pretty epic.

Damn, I just realized that for about the 4th year in a row, I've managed to have today be the only day of the year, possibly that I haven't heard something by U2. I'm very rebellious on Bono's birthday.

Though I did hear that acoustic cover of WOWY :hmm: Oh well, it's the 11th now.

Damn you bastards move quick sometimes.

i really hate when monosyllabic words, when sung, suddenly have over 2 dozen syllables. that's annoying as hell.

Agreed. Like when "yeah" ends up with about seven syllables.

I don't give a shit? And clearly nobody else here does either. Doesn't exactly stop you from posting in the original thread for the next 10, 15, 50 posts. Oh, no that's right, it stops you from creating the new one yourself and treating everyone to whatever brilliant bit of wordplay you've been saving up for the past month.

I thought you two got famously well!

I thought all the "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!" stuff from Vertigo every time they showed Bono was hilarious.

Loved that.

I can't stand the acoustic version of Layla myself.

I hate it as well, particularly compared to the electric version (though I hate that four minute coda).

It's like a Dorian Gray picture. The hotter Boner's daughters get, the worse he looks.

:applaud:

I%27m+Mrs.+Nesbitt%21.png

Not the same name, but what I thought of immediately.

:lmao: That's EXACTLY what my mind jumped to as well! Hahahaha!

I posted this in another thread, but it really needs to be seen by every Fleetwood Mac fan, or any guitar player, really.

No pick. AMAZING.
god, i know. whenever i listen to them, i think of that and it's just amazing. for example, the guitar at the end of "go your own way" - not saying the solo is omgamazing but just imagining that played with fingers. bass playing is usually split between guys who play picks vs. those who don't (and those who vary depending on the sound they want for a song), but the guitar is very plectrum-centric.

i grew up listening to fleetwood mac (though just the golden era stuff, i've never tried their earlier stuff because blues just isn't my thing), they're a great band.

Actually for that video, playing without a pick might be easier because it's like using 4 picks when you play with your fingers that way. I'm guessing Laz will quote this and say "too easy" about that sentence.

Never have played with a pick on a regular basis, myself. I was always too lazy to break out a pick when I was first learning guitar and just learned to play without them, I suppose. I prefer the sound of picks though, as they increase the brightness of your tone, whereas fingerpicking dulls it.

Lindsey is a fucking good guitarist, but yeah, his electric solos like the one on Go Your Own Way are never all that mindblowing. He reins himself in.

forget? i don't even know these things. i think mine is coming up, but i'm not even entirely sure what day that is (or what day today is, for that matter).

and i hate fleetwood mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom