Random Music Talk XXX: Bow Chicka Wow Wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten posts isn't "a handful", and exactly what would be too early in your book? 985? 950?

I don't give a shit? And clearly nobody else here does either. Doesn't exactly stop you from posting in the original thread for the next 10, 15, 50 posts. Oh, no that's right, it stops you from creating the new one yourself and treating everyone to whatever brilliant bit of wordplay you've been saving up for the past month.

I have a feeling you don't like Christine Aguillera then.

th_kill.gif

I don't give a shit? And clearly nobody else here does either. Doesn't exactly stop you from posting in the original thread for the next 10, 15, 50 posts. Oh, no that's right, it stops you from creating the new one yourself and treating everyone to whatever brilliant bit of wordplay you've been saving up for the past month.

Just because no one else is posting about it doesn't mean that I'm not the only one slightly irritated. You know, it doesn't exacty require a lot if effort or time to comment on a forum. Doesn't mean that I'm sitting around all day stewing about it or bitter about not being able to use my apparent long-standing alternate thread title. Which, sorry to say, doesn't exist, as I'm too busy hunting down LOLcat pics to use as witty responses.

now, mind you, it's about the exact opposite of something i'd ever like, definitely falls under the category of guilty pleasure, and i'd be making fun of me if for liking dramatic soap-opera/musical thing (hence my comment earlier about wanting to go out and kill stuff, eat meat, and listen to angry music). i'm pretty sure that the warblers' singing "teenage dream" is the only way i'd ever actually like that song. especially after curiousity got the better of me and i found out who actually sings it, and what it sounds like. same goes for "raise your glass"--double, really, since i still really despise pink.

i still rank "all the single ladies" as one of the worst, most irritating songs i've ever heard, but the scene at the football game was amusing.

Just because no one else is posting about it doesn't mean that I'm not the only one slightly irritated. You know, it doesn't exacty require a lot if effort or time to comment on a forum. Doesn't mean that I'm sitting around all day stewing about it or bitter about not being able to use my apparent long-standing alternate thread title. Which, sorry to say, doesn't exist, as I'm too busy hunting down LOLcat pics to use as witty responses.

You... probably are though. And you're right in pointing out how little effort or relevance any of this demonstrates, which is kind of the whole point, isn't it? Anyway, I'm sure you aren't quite as obsessive as my entirely straight-faced response suggested (your recent activity on the main board certainly helps your case at the very least), but I couldn't quite come up with a more rational reason why someone would be so continually bothered year on year whenever somebody puts up a thread a little early.

Hell yes. My Mule Variations reissue finally arrived. Thank Sonic Boom for me, Cori.

I finally set up my turntable today. Not the highest quality, I'm sure, but it was free.

I like the original, but the more I listen to Black Flag, the more I'm inclined to agree with iDub: Henry Rollins sucks.

I like the original, but the more I listen to Black Flag, the more I'm inclined to agree with iDub: Henry Rollins sucks.

It was hilarious how hated Rollins was in the old days on these forums. Now if a celebrity publicly shat on Bono, we'd probably all love them for it.

It was hilarious how hated Rollins was in the old days on these forums. Now if a celebrity publicly shat on Bono, we'd probably all love them for it.

I wasn't posting in here when the South Park episode aired calling him the world's biggest piece of shit. I wish I could find that, probably a fun read.

By the way, Reggo, 2 weeks from tonight....

The Fray will ruin your life.

hey, i thought he sucked before i knew about that. for the record, i decided he sucked when get some go again came out (rollins band obviously, not black flag), which, based on what allmusic.com lists for album release dates, would have been just about a full year before i could name more than 3 u2 songs.

but yeah, that whole thing about red rocks was kinda what pissed everyone off around here, wasn't it...

damaged is a great album. doesn't change the fact that rollins seems like a giant douche, but it's considered classic for a reason. and i like the album as it is, though, not as some other band re-made it 25-some-odd years later cos they thought it would be cool. it could very well be awesome, mofo's about as trustworthy a musical opinion as they come around here as far as i'm concerned, i just don't want to hear it. it sounds like a terrible, terrible idea.

I wasn't posting in here when the South Park episode aired calling him the world's biggest piece of shit. I wish I could find that, probably a fun read.

called rollins or bono the world's biggest piece of shit? because honestly, i could see south park centering an episode around either of them sort of summed up in that title.

i guess that probably happened when i was internet-less.

hey, i thought he sucked before i knew about that. for the record, i decided he sucked when get some go again came out (rollins band obviously, not black flag), which, based on what allmusic.com lists for album release dates, would have been just about a full year before i could name more than 3 u2 songs.

but yeah, that whole thing about red rocks was kinda what pissed everyone off around here, wasn't it...

damaged is a great album. doesn't change the fact that rollins seems like a giant douche, but it's considered classic for a reason. and i like the album as it is, though, not as some other band re-made it 25-some-odd years later cos they thought it would be cool. it could very well be awesome, mofo's about as trustworthy a musical opinion as they come around here as far as i'm concerned, i just don't want to hear it. it sounds like a terrible, terrible idea.

To be honest, I don't know about the entire Dirty Projectors album, I was more talking about that specific song. I've heard 4 or 5 other songs from it, and didn't like any of them as much as the title track remake/cover.

I have to admit that I actually like 'Liar' quite a bit, especially the music video. Don't really have an overwhelming opinion on anything else.

South park called Bono a giant piece of shit. It was actually a really funny episode.

If I recall correctly, I think most people commenting in the thread got the joke. I'm sure there was still some butthurt going on.

I thought all the "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!" stuff from Vertigo every time they showed Bono was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom