Random Music Talk XXVIII: I CAN HAZ COCKROPA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gripe is that some people have come to hate IALW/Atty Club because it's being played each night at shows they're not attending. That's fucking ridiculous. Why throw your computer out the window every time you hear it's been played as you post in the setlist party threads? Why not do something constructive?

Well if you're into following setlists on the internet (personally never saw the appeal), then a setlist is all you have to judge a show by and naturally people would fret over some inclusions and omissions.

Agreed, but surely it's stupid to go from liking a song/album to hating it because the band is playing it every night, particularly if you're not there.

Well, clearly the problem here is following a setlist as it happens, not taking issue with a particular song getting overplayed. I think "setlist party" threads are the biggest obsessive wastes of time I've ever heard of in my life, especially with a band who plays 95% of the same show every night.

what the fuck

Yeah.

Listened to Mule Variations first thing when I got to the office this morning. Now I've got an erection. Funny how that works.

So is this excitement over Zooropa based primarily on it being a live rarity, or are we also saying that it is one of U2's best songs? Because, to me at least, Lemon is the far superior track on the album.

So is this excitement over Zooropa based primarily on it being a live rarity, or are we also saying that it is one of U2's best songs? Because, to me at least, Lemon is the far superior track on the album.

Lancemc's favorite U2 songs:

1. Lemon
2. Zooropa

:wink:

Zooropa was the first U2 album I purchased. I remember seeing the video for Numb, thought it was cool, and bought the album when it came out. Because it was the beginning of it all for me, I obviously have great memories about it and hold it pretty dearly. I'd be absolutely thrilled to see any songs from the album live.

It's looking more and more like Moncton will be the end.

Edge's "probably" no more after the NA leg comment from the other week, and then in the news article about this thing being the biggest tour evah or whatever, the tour promoter said something like "there's still 26 more shows after blah blah city," and the 26th show is Moncton.

Ta-da.

I think Stay is the best Zooropa track, but the title track is still right up there with their best work.

I don't know what's better, that she actually did that, or that we've found the first documented case of a black person listening to the White Stripes.

Go to the Ticketbastard home page. He's playing 21 dates in LA starting Thursday night. The only confirmed dates are this Thursday, next Thursday, and next Friday at the Forum. No one knows when and where the other dates will be.

Life's pretty good right now here in paradise.

LA-00037.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom