Random Music Talk XXVIII: I CAN HAZ COCKROPA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it so surprising, though? You're excited to have new music from a favorite band, and it sounds great at first, and then after time you're able to listen without the initial excitement and expectations, and can make a more reasoned response.

We're doing another of his pieces at our spring concert, called Cloudburst. I was skeptical at first because it's got "choreography" designed to do the "hey, it sounds like a storm!" thing, and I was all "HELL, NO. What are we - twelve?"

But the piece is really cool, and after watching a choir sing it on YouTube, the effects come off quite a bit better than I was expecting. It's the only piece we're doing this spring that I like, which sucks mightily.

I think it comes across pretty well. I especially like the hand bells right before the "storm" starts; just like wind chimes.

Yeah, totally. Our problem is that we only have about 40 people, and while we'll have some percussionists on hand to do some of the stuff, we're probably going to have to call for audience participation. :lol:

That's a little scary to do off the cuff, but we did it with handbells at one of our Christmas concerts and it worked out fairly well.

Hopefully we can pull it off. At least the bits after the choir put their music down is easy to memorize - it's only about 4 separate phrases.

You're right. The current installment in the BIG HUG series has been particularly fantastic.

I think it's nice that quadriplegics who don't get a chance to be out interacting with other people have so many exciting places on the internet to do so.

Wait, what?

They're not?

Oh.

Hmph.

I think the game threads are more responsible for much of that, not a thread where people are asking for good thoughts and hugs because they're having a bad day.

You're all terrible people.

I'm not drunk enough to tell you that I love you all as a follow-up to that, though. Maybe after another drink.

Speaking of game threads, why have the game threads in Bang and Clatter never been moved? Just because a song title is involved, it's not a game?

Hey, in case anyone didn't notice, the last two shows have seen ATYCLC's song total cut to 3, with In The Name Of Cock* replacing Stuck At A Match Point, and In A Little Rally getting what is hopefully a long-term rest.

:applaud:

Yeah, I'd prefer a rarer song, but still.

i'm pretty sure if anyone gave me an e-hug, i'd find a way to e-stab them.

:angry:

For iDub:

Untitled-1.gif

Speaking of game threads, why have the game threads in Bang and Clatter never been moved? Just because a song title is involved, it's not a game?
i think it was decided it was okay to have one per subforum. is there more than one? tbh i tune out a lot of threads so if there's more than one i haven't noticed, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom