Random Music Talk XXVII: The Return of Knife Crime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone provide some links to the "new" songs? I haven't been following the tour or new album news an iota.

Oh I saw that. I meant new material. Haven't they been playing stuff supposedly from the upcoming album here or there?

I think they played North Star at at recent show, but for the most part, the new songs have disappeared.

I say That Other Song will be played tonight.

Going back a few pages to the discussion about War, I think that it has tremendous energy and atmosphere. New Year's Day, Seconds, and Like a Song are all crackling with an icy enthusiasm, and the production, dated as it may be, seems to reinforce the wintry feel of the album. And Drowning Man is one of their all-time finest album tracks.

Going back a few pages to the discussion about War, I think that it has tremendous energy and atmosphere. New Year's Day, Seconds, and Like a Song are all crackling with an icy enthusiasm, and the production, dated as it may be, seems to reinforce the wintry feel of the album. And Drowning Man is one of their all-time finest album tracks.

The problem is that aside from the songs you mentioned (and Service Bloody Service), the rest of the tracks sound like b-sides. But I put it above Cocktober simply because it does try a few new things. It's not really any more consistent, and certainly not moreso than Ball Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom