Random Music Talk XXVII: The Return of Knife Crime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, they're not even bothering to pretend anymore: Return of the Stingray Racquet has been dumped, with a cold open of Beautiful Play to start the show.

Fucking sad.

Sorry, I just prefer something a little cooler and rocking or epic to open a show, not heal-the-world squishy stuff that pathetically shouts "Hey guyz remember R big single that won Grammys and when we were super popular agin??? Don't judge us on No Net thats not rilly us!!"

But seriously, I'd love to have something more rocking and 'cooler' than Beautiful Day but oh well, I'm not going to lose sleep over such a thing. :shrug:

BD does seem to be the go-to song whenever anyone talks about U2 instead of Streets or Pride nowadays.

Could be worse, though. It could be Vertigo, or Stand Up Referee or Cock Crazy.

Sorry, I just prefer something a little cooler and rocking or epic to open a show, not heal-the-world squishy stuff that pathetically shouts "Hey guyz remember R big single that won Grammys and when we were super popular agin??? Don't judge us on No Net thats not rilly us!!"

I agree of course. Why they aren't opening with No Line is beyond me.

yeah.

ftr, i'm somewhere between cori and laz on this. it's mostly because i just don't care anymore. i'm sick of them treating this tour as elevation tour part 2 and dropping newer songs one by one. if the new album sucks (whenever it does come out), oh well. i'll just listen to it once like i did with atyclb.

I agree of course. Why they aren't opening with No Line is beyond me.
seriously. i liked breathe as an opener but nloth would be absolutely perfect.

Looking like a quiet Saturday night in. So you won't have to endure any :doh: posts from me tonight.

Think I'll go for a drive and spin Southernplayalisticadillacfunkymusic though.

Ain't no thang but a chicken wangggg

All the playas came came
From far and wide
Wearin afros and braids
Kickin them gangsta rides
Now I'm here to tell ya
There's a better day
When the playas ball is happenin
All night and day

iYup, what's your opinion of Aja? I ask because of your fondness for jazz, and the fact Wayne Shorter plays on it.

I feel like I should pour myself some scotch and listen to the vinyl in a dark room.

LOL, all I did was change "guitar" to "racquet"! The "stingray" part didn't give it away??

I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to the new songs. Or I was tired?

seriously. i liked breathe as an opener but nloth would be absolutely perfect.

I would be very happy if nloth opened my show(s).

You will not catch me making any arguments defending Beautiful Day as the opener.

And before someone goes searching for something I said months ago that sounds like a defense because I was feeling generous and charitable that day, I will proactively reply by saying "What, you've never changed your mind about anything? Jesus, GET OFF MY BACK!"

iYup, what's your opinion of Aja? I ask because of your fondness for jazz, and the fact Wayne Shorter plays on it.

I feel like I should pour myself some scotch and listen to the vinyl in a dark room.

I have not heard it, but I will definitely hunt it down based on the enthusiastic recommendations from several B&Cers. I do love Wayne Shorter, so his presence alone is enough to justify a listen. He might be my second-favorite jazz musician, and he wrote many of the best tunes in my favorite incarnation of Miles's bands: the second quintet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom