Random Music Talk XXVI: You can smell the whiskey burnin' down Cobbledicks Rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about

icon_bigjoint.gif

or maybe

icon_bonghit.gif

or since you were hanging out with all those frat guys

icon_rasta.gif
In the dorms it was all about the vape.

When I hear Crazy Tonight, I'm embarrassed for the band, embarrassed as a fan, and embarrassed for anyone who actually claims to like it.

It's not their worst song, but it is without a doubt their cheesiest and most shameless attempt to create a hit.

Aw, laz. You can be embarrassed for me, it's okay. I'll just continue to whistle the song's jaunty melody that gets stuck in my head every time I try to resist it.

Aw, laz. You can be embarrassed for me, it's okay. I'll just continue to whistle the song's jaunty melody that gets stuck in my head every time I try to resist it.

I don't have a hard time resisting it, since I only listen to my custom disc of No Net.

Which actually includes Stand Up Referee, strangely. I don't find it quite as intolerable even if it's an inferior song.

I don't hate it as much as some do, but it's my least favorite on the album and I'm really glad they haven't trotted it out in concert.

What gets me is that I love the line "stand up to rock stars." And it works so well as a band slogan on a shirt. Which I finally caved and bought, despite my mere tolerance of the song.

I don't hate it as much as some do, but it's my least favorite on the album and I'm really glad they haven't trotted it out in concert.

What gets me is that I love the line "stand up to rock stars." And it works so well as a band slogan on a shirt. Which I finally caved and bought, despite my mere tolerance of the song.

I'm not really a fan of that; I think that type of self-referntial stuff should have been left back with the previous two albums. It really doesn't fit on No Net.

One could say a similar thing about Swing, but it has a little more poetry to it and isn't so Up With People.

I can't disagree with some of that; it definitely doesn't fit in with the rest of the album. But I don't mind self-referential lyrics.

I really love Breathe.

It's so clear what songs they wrote without Eno and Lanois: the middle three and Breathe. And naturally, it came out as two throw aways, a song they didn't figure out till they played it live, and one actual good take.

Seems about right for the last decade.

I don't care much for the line of "The DNA lotto may have left you smart/but can it stand up to beauty/dictator of the heart." Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like it's saying that being beautiful is better than being smart. Which bugs me.

Stand Up Comedy could have been a decent rock song if Edge didn't mail it in. That song should have taken off with a kick ass, soaring solo, and instead we got that. Brutal.

I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed in Bono or Edge for NLOTH.

There's a bunch of lyrics that I don't like or don't make sense in that song.

But it's got that one line going for it, so .... yay, I guess.

Oh, a vaporizer. I've heard about them, but sadly, we did not have them around during my (brief) smoking days.

Pity. I think I would have quite enjoyed that method.

corianderstem said:
I'm sure GAF is off being GAF, but in case he cruises back through:

Britney's album has leaked.

Hasn't only like one person heard that album so far? I wonder who leaked it :hmm:

I got really low when I heard the album, for whatever reason, and I've been judging it by those standards ever since. Shocknhgly enough, Magnificent might be my least favorite song on there.

I'm not on board the OMG Magnificock is AMAZING train, as I feel it's Shuttlecock on auto-pilot in many ways, but it's still better than Cock Crazy and Stand Up Referee.

Current:

1. Moment of Service
2. No Net

3. Cock-Being Engorged
4. Unknown Server
5. Courts of Lebanon

6. Swing
7. Get On Your Cocks
8. Magnificock
9. White As Talcum

ducksquat.gif

10. Stand Up Referee
11. Cock Crazy

In my current state id say

Unknown caller
Breathe
Crazy tonigh
Mos
Fbb
Ceders
Was
Stand up
Magnificent - I'm a dirty liar
Nloth
Boots - on the album. As a standalone single I enjoyed it.

just off the top of my head

1. no line on the horizon
2. unknown caller
3. fez - being born
4. moment of surrender
5. white as snow
6. cedars of lebanon
7. breathe
8. stand up comedy
9. magnificent (if the rest of the song was as good as the first 25 seconds....)
10. get on your boots
11. crazy tonight

1. White As Snow
2. Magnificent

3. Fez – Being Born
4. Moment of Surrender
5. Unknown Caller
6. Cedars of Lebanon
7. No Line on the Horizon
8. Breathe

9. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
10. Get on Your Boots
11. Stand Up Comedy

1. Breathe
2. Moment of Surrender
3. NLOTH
4. Magnificent

5. Cedars

6. Fez-Being Born
7. White As Snow

8. Unknown Caller
9. Crazy Tonight

10. Stand Up Comedy
11. Sexy Boots

On another topic entirely, Ragged Glory is everything I love about Neil Young and nothing that I don't. I'm not sure why every song is 6+ minutes long though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom