Random Music Talk XXVI: You can smell the whiskey burnin' down Cobbledicks Rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got sucked into an argument and couldn't help myself. Should have just left it alone and let the joke go on but I'm opinionated on the Internet.

It's really late. Why am I awake?

LemonMelon said:
I just don't like female vocalists. Suck it, Trebek.

Quoted from five or so pages back based on sheer comedy value.

And that bloke over in EYKIW who was pissed about the fake headlines gave me a good laugh as well.

For the record, I do not condone violence against women whatsoever. I just love Sean Connery, that's all. For a million other reasons not including his proclivity for slapping his girlfriends.

Taymors out, a b-list crew is in, Bono has become the face of the production/the hype machine.

Out as in OUT, or out, but still there in name only for whatever reason, ostensibly "helping" but really not doing jack shit? Like Headache suggested?

I think the last bit of news I read and actually understood was that Taymor was still with the production, but then I was getting overloaded with conflicting info.

corianderstem said:
Out as in OUT, or out, but still there in name only for whatever reason, ostensibly "helping" but really not doing jack shit? Like Headache suggested?

I think the last bit of news I read and actually understood was that Taymor was still with the production, but then I was getting overloaded with conflicting info.

She's out. Completely. No longer listed as producer, possibly still given production design credit.

corianderstem said:
Okay, wow. Completely missed that. Thanks!

The articles posted are pretty decent reads explaining the reasons why, but she pretty much went Captain Ahab on everyone and in response, the crew mutinied.

Arrrrr.

I'll go back and do some reading later.

Or maybe not. I haven't decided yet how much I actually care. :wink:

corianderstem said:
Arrrrr.

I'll go back and do some reading later.

Or maybe not. I haven't decided yet how much I actually care. :wink:

It's fun for a laugh. Especially the NY Post article that compares the whole thing to the Titanic. Someone refers to Bono as the only person left in the production with any credibility.

Bono is the final word on poverty AND overblown stage productions.

They kind of go hand in hand, if you think about it.

My Monday night:

2lxf9ev.jpg

Bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom