Random Music Talk XXIX: You snooze, you lose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His hair was more like Alec Baldwin's, except instead of slicking the hair in the front back, he had it kind of poofing forward.

6a0128769a17f0970c0133ef612914970b-pi

:shudder:. Jesus, I wish they would retire that look and just grow up.

Robert was a handsome bloke back in the day. I remember the first time that I saw him sans the Edward Scissorhands-meets-Frankenstein look; I could not believe that it was him.

I will admit to having a crush on this Robert Smith:

79-early-top-of%20building%201-rm.jpg

Might actually go back to having that pic as my avatar. But the way he look now is just...awful.

So glad that The Cure in Orange caught him in that very short period in 86? when he had short hair again.

Yes, he looks ridiculous, but I really don't mind that he keeps with it. It's sorta what the fans expect, I guess. I just wish he'd be a little more healthy.

The fans shat themselves when he cut his hair. I'm sure he must feel a lot of pressure to look that way, even these days. It is starting to get a bit ridiculous though

Yes, he looks ridiculous, but I really don't mind that he keeps with it. It's sorta what the fans expect, I guess. I just wish he'd be a little more healthy.

My big problem now is that, yeah, he's getting pretty fat, but also his hair can NOT do that any more. It just looks limp and lifeless, and it looks like the whole band is trying to keep up with a look that they could manage when they were young, and are unwilling to admit that now, they're kind of old.

But I couldn't give less of a shit of what they look like as long as they just put out another album and get the fuck over here. God, my timing was shit when I got into The Cure.

I have a friend named Robert Smith, and I just saw him update something on facebook, which reminds me, I had another music dream last night.

This time it was Robert Smith, instead of Bono who I befriended, but he acted equally dicky towards me when it came to me asking him to play a specific song. But he DID give me VIP tickets to Lolla (where The Cure were playing) so that was pretty awesome. Not so awesome that The Cure insisted on playing all of The Cure and 4:13 Dream in whole pretty much. I tried to convince them otherwise, but Robert wouldn't listen. He was very emo about the whole thing. Also, he got a haircut, which was nice.

The End.

Unless it involves someone pooping a U, keep your dreams to yourself. ya heard?!?!!

He claims that he keeps the signature look for his wife, who apparently really likes it. The guy was an incredible prodigy, though. It's amazing that he was writing songs for Three Imaginary Boys and Seventeen Seconds when he was still in his teens.

He claims that he keeps the signature look for his wife, who apparently really likes it. The guy was an incredible prodigy, though. It's amazing that he was writing songs for Three Imaginary Boys and Seventeen Seconds when he was still in his teens.

Yeah, actually, I was just saying that to Travis, about his wife I mean.

Because of the Cure talk, I finally got down my VHS of Standing on a Beach - The Videos. I've never seen some of these early videos. Holy shit, the video for "Boys Don't Cry" is hilarious.

Whoa, is that a Gallagher cousin on the left?

Guess that Arab-killing was actually done by KNIFE CRIME.

He's got the uni-brow for it, no doubt.

Oh my God. I can't find it anywhere on the internet in the three minutes I've spent looking for it, but the video for "Charlotte Sometimes" is one of the most laughably hilarious things I've ever seen. How unfortunate, since I love the song so.

Shame, I'm going to have to put the laughfest that is this VHS on pause for now. Must go with Travis to see African Cats so he can review it for the paper.

Seinfeld references aside, my dream last night actually consisted of me being in a store and there being a whole bag of fortune cookies for sale. MY MIND IS RIVETING.

Still can't believe they ditched that "stringing the racquet" bit. Not that I was a huge fan of the song in the first place, but come on.

Yeah... hearing it live was interesting. The verses and the riff are still the same, just that Larry and Adam absolutely kick ass on it compared to that version we all have... but the fact it goes straight from the end of the verse into a chorus that doesn't fit and actually ruins the feel with its awkward, stilted "because-because-because" bit was disappointing.

But then they segued into Bad and my soul started hovering somewhere over the pacific.

Do you guys all know that math jokes are the first sine of madness?

What did the Italian angle say about the female angle?

She's a-cute!

I've never been more sorry.

:reject:

COBL, Bad live is subfuckinglime*.

*Except it was more sublime in 1987.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom