Random Music Talk XXIV: Where there's CLICK!ing and NASH!ing of teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I listened to a Jackson Browne album once, Late For The Sky. It sounded really mid-tempo and slick, like The Eagles or something, but with even less variety. Really didn't care for that one at all. :reject: I wanted to, I'll always love Jackson Browne for writing These Days, which has to be one of my all-time favorite songs by anyone. Both his and the Nico version is gorgeous and heartbreaking.

Jackson Browne's two Solo Acoustic sets are both really strong. Stripping away most of the instrumentation really highlights his skills as a songwriter.

I love that album as well.

In other news, I am "never drinking again".
It never works out that way. I think I've promised to never drink again meaninglessly whilst hungover a dozen times.

/promised it Wednesday morning while throwing out things I broke Tuesday night
//drunk as shit right now
///was this drunk last night

Just finished listening to De La Soul is Dead... I think I like it more than 3 Feet High and Rising which has a fair bit of filler amongst the real good tunes. Rollerskating, Pass the Plugs, the list goes on. One of a kind.

PhilsFan said:
It never works out that way. I think I've promised to never drink again meaninglessly whilst hungover a dozen times.

/promised it Wednesday morning while throwing out things I broke Tuesday night
//drunk as shit right now
///was this drunk last night

Yeah I know hence the "".

Black Russians... :barf:

aren't you thinking of Stay by Jackson Browne? (Staaaayyyyy... just a little bit longer...) i might be wrong.

:lol: quite possibly. i still have no idea what i was thinking of, and i don't have enough to even google. although going from the link bono212 posted, i'm pretty sure that's the song but i was thinking this one (minus that goofy-ass kid in the video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40n5yi76Az8

the real question is why did i think it was wait? who the fuck knows. :lol:

I don't know what that is, but it sounds like an STD.

Sasparilla is root beer. Or something very close to it.

I haven't heard a lot of Jackson Browne stuff, but I do really like the songs Doctor My Eyes and Late For the Sky.

I had never seen this picture before, but isn't it awesome?

162507d1296412324-funny-strange-random-pics-abbeyroad.jpg

are you The Dude? i looked it up, it says it's the same thing as Black Russians, but just with cream and/or milk... i'd be willing to try it.

Does this mean you haven't see The Big Lebowski? That shit needs to be rectified immediately, Danny.

"Mind if I do a j?" The Dude is my hero.

the_dude.jpg

Lebowskilimo.jpg

Also, White Russians are awesome. And that's coming from somebody who doesn't like to taste liquor in her mixed drinks. It's like milky alcoholic heaven going down. Just perfection.

yeah still haven't seen that movie.

i shall, very soon, get on The Big Lebowski and White Russians.

gotta kick somethin' that means somethin' somethin' that means somethin' somethin' that means somethin'

yeah still haven't seen that movie.

i shall, very soon, get on The Big Lebowski and White Russians.

gotta kick somethin' that means somethin' somethin' that means somethin' somethin' that means somethin'

Just do it.

THE PHARCYDE! So. Good. J Dilla's all over on the production of that album..."Runnin'" is one of my favorite tracks he's ever done, along with Common's "The Light."

As for preferred drinks, it's been Hennessy and 7-Up for me recently. :up: :up: :up:

Just do it.

THE PHARCYDE! So. Good. J Dilla's all over on the production of that album..."Runnin'" is one of my favorite tracks he's ever done, along with Common's "The Light."

As for preferred drinks, it's been Hennessy and 7-Up for me recently. :up: :up: :up:

i'll get around to that album very soon i promise!

i'm a simple man, i just drink beer 95% of the time.

Hennessy by the case! Couple slabs of Kush!

why do sites like mediafire etc insist on the fucking "pay $x and downloading will be easier" shit. it's really annoying. i don't care if i have to wait 42 seconds to download a file i'm not becoming a member.

My poison: rum and coke. A bit safe, but tastes completely natural to me.

THE PHARCYDE! So. Good. J Dilla's all over on the production of that album..."Runnin'" is one of my favorite tracks he's ever done, along with Common's "The Light.

Just got recommended them on last.fm; guess that will be the next hip-hop record I head for.

i'll get around to that album very soon i promise!

i'm a simple man, i just drink beer 95% of the time.

Hennessy by the case! Couple slabs of Kush!

I dig beer too, but it almost always has to be good quality. Occasionally, a PBR will be had, but it's a rarity. My absolute favorite is a microbrew that's only available for purchase in Wisconsin. If there's one thing my home state knows, it's cheese and beer.

:lol: Basically, I'm a hip-hop stereotype...other than that whole college (almost!) graduate thing.

why do sites like mediafire etc insist on the fucking "pay $x and downloading will be easier" shit. it's really annoying. i don't care if i have to wait 42 seconds to download a file i'm not becoming a member.

No idea, but I hate that shit too.

My poison: rum and coke. A bit safe, but tastes completely natural to me.

Just got recommended them on last.fm; guess that will be the next hip-hop record I head for.

Ah, rum and coke. That was my old mixed drink of choice. As a consequence, I still have a half-bottle of Sailor Jerry's hanging around here somewhere.

Awesome, hit up the Hip-Hop Purists thread with your thoughts once you give it a spin.

My absolute favorite is a microbrew that's only available for purchase in Wisconsin. If there's one thing my home state knows, it's cheese and beer.

May I ask what it is? I've spent a lot of time in bars in Wisconsin and have probably come across it at some point.

And microbrews are almost always the best option available. Why anyone would ever elect to drink a Coors when local beers are on tap is beyond me.

May I ask what it is? I've spent a lot of time in bars in Wisconsin and have probably come across it at some point.

And microbrews are almost always the best option available. Why anyone would ever elect to drink a Coors when local beers are on tap is beyond me.

Of course you may. It's New Glarus Spotted Cow. I'm a big fan of light ales with a hint of citrus, so it always hits the spot. Their Wisconsin Belgian Red is another favorite because it's brewed with Door County cherries, making it a very fruity ale.

Agreed. I imagine it's often a matter of money, but the old motto, "you get what you pay for," still stands true with beer.

Back
Top Bottom