Random Music Talk XXIV: Where there's CLICK!ing and NASH!ing of teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Band Who Makes Stupid Youtube Videos To Hide The Fact They Suck = Ok Go?

For the record, all 10 of those albums are better than The Suburbs AKA my favorite album of last year. This is what curmudgeons are talking about when they say new music blows.

this. imagine if this year was 1967, and we got to here all these incredible albums for the first time. wow. i just blew my own mind.

and for the record, Good Morning Good Morning is a terrific song, thankyaverymuch

I also find it a more pleasurable listen then Sgt. Pepper's but it ain't a real LP.

No need to find a loophole for Sgt. Pepper, I think it's great just like everyone else does. However, I would probably find MMT more interesting regardless of the split in "EPs."

Really? With only one Lennon song?

Wow.

I think Your Mother Should Know is the worst thing on the combined CD, and I've never been a huge fan of the title track either.

They were just on the radio as I was driving my car. They played two songs in a row, and I don't remember a single thing about either.

Friggin' Wilco.

I've been a rather vocal critic of Wilco, but I heard a song from them that I quite liked on a DI list today: "I'm Always in Love."

Ha, that was on my DI3 list, back in the day. It's one of their best pop numbers. And that really is what it is, because Summerteeth is probably their most accessible record, in spite of some jarring moments of domestic/self abuse. Love the fuck out of that album.

I'm tempted to start a :yes: Jazz Purists thread. Far East Suite by Duke Ellington is the shit, and I don't think most of Random particularly cares.

I'm tempted to start a :yes: Jazz Purists thread. Far East Suite by Duke Ellington is the shit, and I don't think most of Random particularly cares.

I say do it, even if it becomes an extended conversation between just us and maybe two other people.

From front to back street, listen, we on a mission
To get right, workin' the street corner in the midnight
Picture the scene, these fiends with five/ten dollar dreams

You put the money in the sweet spot
And forever ho'lling HOOTIE-HOO!
When we see cops

travis, have you figured out the 4th touched thing? i'm still dying to know what that part meant. glad to hear you've got an ipod music listening device again.

oh and danny, i hear you about the 1967 thing. i'm jealous of my parents for being alive then to hear all that stuff when it came out. plus also for the 80s, especially for all the concerts my mom's seen over the years. (my dad not so much, for example he's been a fan of the moody blues since they came out, yet saw them for the first time ever a couple years ago. my mom doesn't even really care for pink floyd yet she saw them live, whereas my dad's a huge fan and i don't think ever has.)

I say do it, even if it becomes an extended conversation between just us and maybe two other people.

I want to believe the dearth of jazz discussion can be attributed to a dearth of opportunities to discuss it. If nothing else, people like Cobbler and (thank God) Ashley who have interest in the genre can draw from recommendations there, and then proceed to discuss with us at their leisure.

travis, have you figured out the 4th touched thing? i'm still dying to know what that part meant. glad to hear you've got an ipod music listening device again.

The scroll wheel is, uh, touch sensitive. Who would've guessed?? :lol:

For the record, it's an MP4 player. This website doesn't market MP3 players. It's how Soviet Russia rolls.

Ha, that was on my DI3 list, back in the day. It's one of their best pop numbers. And that really is what it is, because Summerteeth is probably their most accessible record, in spite of some jarring moments of domestic/self abuse. Love the fuck out of that album.

I guess Being There wouldn't be considered as accessible because of its length, but I think most of the songs on there are very listener-friendly (not including the opener, which is definitely one of the "rougher" tracks), with a very good sampling of the styles the band is capable of.

I guess Being There wouldn't be considered as accessible because of its length, but I think most of the songs on there are very listener-friendly (not including the opener, which is definitely one of the "rougher" tracks), with a very good sampling of the styles the band is capable of.

YouTube - Wilco - Monday

All day. So much fun, and Outtasite (Outta Mind) is also a no-brainer. I think Red Eyed And Blue is better than any of the ballads/anything on Sky Blue Sky, easily.

I think Red Eyed And Blue is better than any of the ballads/anything on Sky Blue Sky, easily.

Well that's a no-brainer.

My favorites would be:

1. Sunken Treasure (favorite VWilcock song)
2. Red-Eyed and Blue
3. Hotel Arizona (mainly because I LOVE that outro)
4. What's the World Got In Store
5. Say You Miss Me
6. The Lonely 1

Appetite is a great album. Think About You is...not one of the better tracks. It's rather top-heavy, even if side 2 has Sweet Child O'Mine. My Michelle is good, and I love Rocket Queen. But the other three are somewhat disposable, and the acoustic version of You're Crazy on Lies is better IMO.

That whole acoustic side of Lies is pretty awesome, actually.

Yeaaaah, I realize it wasn't really a great song or anything, but I enjoyed it a lot for whatever reason. I have a problem when it comes to cheezy metal.

Punchup at a Wedding = great tune.

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but HTTT struggles from a lack of cohesion, not from a lack of great songs.

Cos they seen where you live and they know what you drive and they say they gon' put one in your helmet
Cos you brag 'bout that watch and all the things that you got them dirty boys turn your pound cake to red velvet

My aunt and mom went to a Herman's Hermits show last year :). They had a good time, and the band did a Monkees song, which made my mom pretty happy.

I like the few songs I've heard by those guys. Particularly this one, it's a lovely song:

YouTube - HERMAN'S HERMITS - There's A Kind Of Hush

Angela

i liked that song a lot when i was a kid and refused to listen to anything other than the oldies station. i did not like henry the 8th.

Punchup at a Wedding = great tune.

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but HTTT struggles from a lack of cohesion, not from a lack of great songs.

hammerheadshark.jpg

Back
Top Bottom